Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2016, 11:31 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A. C. E. 30.1
State: Indiana
THOR #1488
Another Seiki TV problem

Turned on the outside Seiki TV for the first time for a while and it is one big mess. The volume goes to max and will not turn down. When you go to "menu" to try to diagnose or repair the options just keep rolling one to another. Anyone else have this problem?
I have been on the phone to CS at Seiki and they have been trying to help but so far no help. The last thing they had me try was kill power and press the "on" button then let it sit for an hour. This was to remove any static electricity build-up. It didn't work but I haven't called back yet so they are still working on it. The Seiki in the bedroom has never been a problem but this one was already replaced once. Jim.

Old 07-11-2016, 08:00 PM   #2

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Florida
THOR #2154
I had the exact same problem with my outdoor Seiki TV. Mine was under Thor warranty and replaced by Camping World. CW claimed the failure was due to water damage and replaced the seal for the compartment door, but I saw no signs of any water damage myself. They replaced it with a different model, by the way.
Old 08-04-2017, 09:33 PM   #3

Model: Axis 25.5
THOR #4802
Question

Just took delivery of our new Axis 25.5, two days ago. After reading all the problems Seiki TV's have, maybe I'm wasting my time trying to set them up in our unit. Anyway, while stumbling around in the set up mode on the first of our 3 Seiki SE32HYM TV's, I managed to set it on Spanish for the preferred language. Looked thru the user manual and can find no mention of how to unselect Spanish and set it for English. Anyone know how to do this, before I call my dealership?

Haven't had any other problems yet but starting to wonder what other crappy components Thor puts in their RV's if the TV's are as bad as many seem to say?
Old 08-04-2017, 10:02 PM   #4
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldchief View Post
Just took delivery of our new Axis 25.5, two days ago. After reading all the problems Seiki TV's have, maybe I'm wasting my time trying to set them up in our unit. Anyway, while stumbling around in the set up mode on the first of our 3 Seiki SE32HYM TV's, I managed to set it on Spanish for the preferred language. Looked thru the user manual and can find no mention of how to unselect Spanish and set it for English. Anyone know how to do this, before I call my dealership?

Haven't had any other problems yet but starting to wonder what other crappy components Thor puts in their RV's if the TV's are as bad as many seem to say?
I am not at the Axis right now...RE your language preference..try going back into the setting where Spanish was selected and highlight Spanish and see if you get an option/carrot to change it.
We have had no issues with our Seiki's to date...volume seems to be marginal...however not a big issue...can always put peripheral speakers if needed. We have, in the past, changed out TV's and will do so if necessary.
good luck !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 10:10 PM   #5

THOR #4802
Thanks for your reply. Problem is it won't let me go back...at least I can't find how to do it. I went back to 'set-up' and it seemed to have everything but language selection. Of course, now, everything is now in Spanish, and mine is 'muy poco'.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:35 PM   #6

Model: ace 29.3
State: Virginia
THOR #3418
Can you reset factory settings?
Old 08-04-2017, 11:56 PM   #7

THOR #4802
Not sure. Navigation is hindered now that all the messages are in Spanish.
Old 08-05-2017, 11:50 AM   #8

Model: Freedom Elite 29fe
THOR #4656
Solution, remove Seiki TV. Place on ground. Drive over several times. Now you won't feel so bad about replacing it.
Old 08-05-2017, 12:46 PM   #9

Model: Four Winds 28z
THOR #5725
Have u unplugged long enough to forget settings?
Old 08-05-2017, 01:16 PM   #10
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
I am not at the Axis right now...RE your language preference..try going back into the setting where Spanish was selected and highlight Spanish and see if you get an option/carrot to change it.
We have had no issues with our Seiki's to date...volume seems to be marginal...however not a big issue...can always put peripheral speakers if needed. We have, in the past, changed out TV's and will do so if necessary.
good luck !
have you gone into MENU ? again...our axis is not in driveway .. if you have not gone into menu give it a try
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 02:43 PM   #11

Model: Windsport 31S
THOR #4443
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosticks View Post
Solution, remove Seiki TV. Place on ground. Drive over several times. Now you won't feel so bad about replacing it.