Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2018, 03:20 AM   #21
Kev

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport
State: Florida
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmett View Post
Yes, Netflix allows you to download movies and TV shows but they don’t allow you to view them through the adapter you’re talking about or airplay. Amazon also allows downloading but also allows airplay and hdmi adapter viewing on a TV.

Pete
Don’t know what you are talking about I view movies all the time from Netflix using the Apple HDMI adapter.

Old 02-02-2018, 11:08 AM   #22

Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Michigan
THOR #9522
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
Okay folks - just to be clear. Wifi Sharing is feature that has been around for awhile but disabled on lots of cell phones. With the Samsung S8, S8+ and Note 8, it remains enabled. Below are the instructions directly from the S8+ users manual. This allows the cell phone to act as a wireless router. For most this feature will not be useful. However, we have found it invaluable for the last 1.5 months with all our streaming devices. As noted though, you must have a plan that allows you to have a hotspot.

Hope this clarifies the wifi sharing feature.
Thanks it was the enable sharing I was missing. Interesting that with that off I could still run a mobile hotspot but only with cell data.
1977 Tioga 24 foot RV
petefoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 06:30 PM   #23

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
Yep - cell phone carriers enable/disable capabilities for a variety of reasons. Most of them probably not consumer focused. We are on Verizon for a number of reasons and the new Samsung Galaxy S8 line is probably the easiest I've seen relative to hotspots. Still can have up to 10 accesses, wifi share, unlimited data (sort of - I had the original unlimited), etc. I've looked at iPhones (DW has had multiple versions of them) but they just are not robust enough for hotspots.

Again - just our experiences based on traveling 2 months a year with 3-5 grandkids, 5 TVs, multiple tablets, GPS and so on; combined with the DW's and my use the other 7-9 months a year. Lots of data going every which way.
Old 02-03-2018, 03:00 AM   #24

Model: 24HE
State: Florida
THOR #10225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Don’t know what you are talking about I view movies all the time from Netflix using the Apple HDMI adapter.
I’m talking about downloaded movies not streaming movies. I’ll recheck my post and edit to make clearer if it isn’t.

P