Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-18-2019, 03:13 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3901
State: Florida
THOR #11743
Aria 3901 inverter

How do I find the proper steps to replace the MS2000 in my unit. Thanks

Old 06-20-2019, 05:25 AM   #2
LDK

State: Colorado
THOR #13190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
How do I find the proper steps to replace the MS2000 in my unit. Thanks
Did you get the help needed? Am assuming you have the factory ME2012 inverter? And did you want to upgrade to MS2012?
Old 07-06-2019, 12:21 AM   #3

State: Florida
THOR #11743
Inverter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDK View Post
Did you get the help needed? Am assuming you have the factory ME2012 inverter? And did you want to upgrade to MS2012?
Hi, sorry this took so long I was away. Thor told me my GFCI circuit was tripping all the time because of my ME 2012 inverter. They sent me a new one a MS2000
They told me basically it was a plug and play. I have some experience in electrical but not sure of this. I tried service companies but no one did it. I have horrible relationship with Camping World. I don’t know if I shut off the switch by the batteries means I’m good to switch inverter. I don’t mind paying for it to be replaced just don’t trust the service department not knowing if they’re qualified. Any help or information is appreciated Thank you Kurt Schmidt Melbourne Fl.
Old 07-06-2019, 02:41 AM   #4

State: Idaho
THOR #9660
I think I would unhook power from both sets of batteries as your inverter also charges your chassis batteries. Then install the new inverter exactly as the old one was. Other than pure sign wave, they are exactly the same. If you want better, more professional advise, call Magnum customer service. They were very helpful when I did. I called to see if the MS2000 was really what we needed instead of the MS2012. They explained that due to the energy management system in Firefly system, there would be absolutely no difference in performance.
Mike
Old 07-06-2019, 01:48 PM   #5

Model: Palazzo 33.2
State: California
THOR #12839
Just make sure you are unplugged from shore power, turn the USE switch off, turn Chassis/Start switch off, and disconnect the negative cable (which goes to the frame ground, which is also where the ground feeding the inverter goes).
After you complete the above, you are safe to remove, disconnect and install the new inverter.
I removed the inverter bay door first to have easier access for the job (one screw, and slide it out), then removed the 4 mounting bolts and moved the old inverter out for easy access to all the connections, (took pictures to be sure), disconnected everything, and reversed the process when installing the new one.
Your Firefly system will automatically detect the new inverter, but you will have to set your battery type, capacity and charge rate.
It's an easy process and you will love not dealing with the issues and limitations of the old ME inverter!