Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-05-2022, 11:55 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #28045
Inverter or Batteries?

On the road in a new 2023 Magnitude. Everything works well when Gen is running but when Gen shuts off, all 120v outlets and microwave goes dark. Control panel shows batteries are charged. Is this an inverter issue? Have a xantrex freedom x 2000.

Old 10-05-2022, 12:11 PM   #2

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
Chack that the inverter's on switch is on. That could cause what you are experiencing.

David
Old 10-05-2022, 12:16 PM   #3

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
I just suggested this on your other thread.
Old 10-05-2022, 12:46 PM   #4

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Per my post in your other thread.....

Now you said you woke up to the fridge being off. That is a completely separate issue. There are two possibilities.....

1. Your inverter is turned off at the remote panel inside the coach. When on shore or generator power, the remote display will light up and be active and sometimes fool people into thinking the inverter is turned on. There is a round power button on the remote panel in the coach and it must be pressed so it is in and not sticking out.

If you want your fridges to always be on regardless of shore or generator power, your inverter must be turned on.

*One other note.... the inverter has a built in control panel with it's own On / Off switch. That switch must be in the Off position when using the remote panel. I could not turn my Inverter On or Off from the remote panel when I got it and it was because Thor had the power button in the On position in the built-in control panel.

2. The 300A fuse blew (or you have a loose battery cable) and you are getting no battery power to the Inverter. Again, when there is shore power the inverter's ATS will allow AC to pass through and power the fridges but if the fuse below or a cable is loose, you are not getting 12V to the inverter so the ATS can switch over to inverter power.

To test the inverter, make sure you are not plugged into shore power or have the generator running so there is no AC power coming into the coach. Then try the On / Off button on the remote panel. When it is depressed, the panel should light up and you should be able to access the configuration menu. When it is on, the fridges should be running.

When the panel is Off and the button i sticking out, the panel should go darl and the fridge should be off.