Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-29-2016, 06:00 PM   #21
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr1010 View Post
When doing the firmware upgrades did you use the zipped files on flash drive or did you unzip them first as the instructions state? Reason I asked is that when I tried to unzip the MCU file, it reported as being corrupted and would not unzip. The MPEG file unzipped ok.
I called tech support at the # provided and the guy said I did not have to unzip the files to upgrade, just copy MPEG onto the flash drive, install, then erase, copy MCU file onto flash drive and install.
I do not want to turn this unit into a brick, so wanted to hear first hand from someone who has done the upgrade.
Thanks a bunch.
On another thread someone mentioned having to use 7Zip to unzip one of the files (RAR extension) before doing the upgrade.

7Zip can be found at this link

7-Zip

2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 06:18 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #1249
Thanks Dave. 7Zip opened it. I will do the upgrade now and see if it corrects some of the bad behavior.
Old 01-29-2016, 06:34 PM   #23
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
I decided to hold off on the update until after my dealer figures out what is causing my radio to lose power. No sense in updating if they have to replace the radio.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 07:16 PM   #24

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #3216
Quote:
When doing the firmware upgrades did you use the zipped files on flash drive or did you unzip them first as the instructions state? Reason I asked is that when I tried to unzip the MCU file, it reported as being corrupted and would not unzip. The MPEG file unzipped ok.
I called tech support at the # provided and the guy said I did not have to unzip the files to upgrade, just copy MPEG onto the flash drive, install, then erase, copy MCU file onto flash drive and install.
I do not want to turn this unit into a brick, so wanted to hear first hand from someone who has done the upgrade.
Thanks a bunch.
Unzipped it and only the unzipped file goes on the thumb drive. Mpeg 1st then MCU after processing then erasing the mpeg.
Old 01-29-2016, 07:49 PM   #25

Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
The two models I know for sure have the rear microphone are the Challenger and Miramar. ....

My Hurricane also has a rear camera microphone, so I would assume the Windsport has it also.
Old 01-29-2016, 08:28 PM   #26

THOR #3216
7zip is what I used.....
Hendersonville, NC
billnagle6900@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 08:45 PM   #27

Model: Outlaw 38RE
State: Texas
THOR #2145
Quote:
Thanks a bunch.
mcr1010 - I used WinRAR to expand the files, put each one on a separate USB flash drive and did upgrade as per the instructions - I did not get any error messages when expanding the files with WinRAR -
2016 Outlaw Josey Wales 38RE #2630
FMCA F455018
crey0517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 08:59 PM   #28
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
YOU ALL ARE A HOOT !! My husband has me do the Forum work...and you all are too funny reporting about your wives standing behind the RV during backing ! I have been there, done that...and certainly hope our new 2016 Axis 24.1 has the exterior microphone as promised. I have pointed, waved and slit my throat to indicate stop for many years..a mic would be nice !
Our Axis went into storage a few days after delivery, so we have no 'real time' use of the unit !
Old 04-11-2016, 04:28 PM   #29

Model: Miramar 34.2
State: England
THOR #3938
When we first got our Miramar we were told it did not have a microphone. We usually drove with the rear camera on to watch the toad. No sound until one morning we got bird song and road noise from the speakers. This happened occasionally and eventually I contacted Thor and got the following information.
Go to the menu and touch to Rear Auxiliary icon. You get a screen that tells you not to use the screen while driving and if you turn the volume control you also get a volume bar at the bottom which sets volume for the rear microphone.
Works every time for us.
Old 04-11-2016, 07:15 PM   #30

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: California
THOR #2544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bowe View Post
You need a flight engineer with you to use this radio while traveling. It has to outrank texting while driving in danger factor. IMHO anyway.
I think the radio sucks. Very hard to make changes while driving and very poor sound quality.
brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 07:30 PM   #31

THOR #3787
While we're on the topic of this radio, has anyone had problems with the BT mic working. When I receive a call, I hear the calling party fine, but they cant hear me. I don't know if its a bad mic or defective unit. Would appreciate any feedback.
Old 04-11-2016, 09:15 PM   #32
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper View Post
While we're on the topic of this radio, has anyone had problems with the BT mic working. When I receive a call, I hear the calling party fine, but they cant hear me. I don't know if its a bad mic or defective unit. Would appreciate any feedback.
We have the Axxera radio in our Axis 24.1 ... we were on the road yesterday and today...radio worked great...Ron made a call with bluetooth..mic and volume was perfect...recipient of the call could hear me from the shotgun side...I was surprised as the mic is to the left of the steering wheel.
Make sure,when making a bluetooth call that your phone volume is set on high..
and although, I have yet to figure out how to do the preset of stations, (and I have not worked on it much)....we are pleased with the sound quality from the speakers. I did go into the settings and punch up the bass a bit...and I drop the treble slightly.
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 11:08 PM   #33

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucev View Post
I think the radio sucks. Very hard to make changes while driving and very poor sound quality.
Have you adjusted the equalizer on the radio? Changing the bass, treble and mid can make a big difference in the sound quality. The sound quality was bad on ours until I made some adjustments.

Try adjusting with a CD playing that you are familiar with and know how it should sound.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:17 PM   #34
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
Have you adjusted the equalizer on the radio? Changing the bass, treble and mid can make a big difference in the sound quality. The sound quality was bad on ours until I made some adjustments.

Try adjusting with a CD playing that you are familiar with and know how it should sound.
AGREE with Ed...just didn't say it correctly...don't give up on this Axxera...
it has many features... We are picky about sound and the EQ is the first thing we adjust on a vehicle.
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 04-11-2016, 11:22 PM   #35

THOR #3216
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
AGREE with Ed...just didn't say it correctly...don't give up on this Axxera...
it has many features... We are picky about sound and the EQ is the first thing we adjust on a vehicle.
And the fader.... I think it sounds good. Still learning it as I don't listen much when I'm not driving.
Old 04-12-2016, 01:02 AM   #36

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Bill,

I will admit I have not played with the Radio much, so please forgive this if it comes across as too stupid but...where does the fader fade to? I think I only have two speakers hooked up to the radio.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 01:05 AM   #37

THOR #3216
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
Bill,

I will admit I have not played with the Radio much, so please forgive this if it comes across as too stupid but...where does the fader fade to? I think I only have two speakers hooked up to the radio.

Doc
Oh... I have the 25.2. There are speakers in the "cab" and a pair in cabinet over couch.
Cheers!
Old 04-12-2016, 01:09 AM   #38

Model: 2013 Thor Damon Daybreak
State: Colorado
THOR #3604
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
Bill,

Doc
Fade generally refers to a 4 speaker setup. Balance = left & right . Fade = front & rear.
Old 04-12-2016, 01:29 AM   #39
vkb

THOR #3510
our 24.1 has 2 great speakers up front one on the side of each seat..connected to the Axxera...very efficient. Have not checked to see if there is a fader on the Axxera. (a right/left would be nice on this radio..must look)

The Jensen in the bedroom has 2 speakers in the bedroom over the beds and 2 outside. (the Jensen has it's version of a fader in order to adjust indoor volume and outdoor volume)
This is the radio which I question the quality.
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 04-12-2016, 01:46 AM   #40

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Okay, note to self...figure out how to add a set of speakers since it appears that the Axxera can handle it.

Doc.

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
av615bh