Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-12-2016, 11:36 PM   #61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
Our turn... our Axxera died today while on the way to the dealer for warranty work. Good timing, at least. I-64 between Virginia Beach and Richmond has a lot of construction and I guess it shook the connections in the back loose. I had just connected my new S7 Edge via Bluetooth and had the rear camera on when it simply lost power. Tried to turn it on again... it regained power a few times but finally died and never recovered. I can only guess that the power harness shook loose from the back of the unit... but it turns out we had to drop the Hurricane off anyway as the dealer didn't record our service appointment. So now we are having the awning lights replaced, the rear ladder checked and now the radio checked... stay tuned.

FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 01:48 AM   #62

Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
THOR #1295
Quote:
Originally Posted by crey0517 View Post
Good Evening -

FYI - The AV614BH has two upgrades that adds additional features to the unit:

URL: AV614BH - DVD Receiver with Built-In Bluetooth & HDMI Input

I followed the instructions provided with no problems -

I'm fairly certain that my Outlaw doesn't have a mic on the rear camera either -

Travel Safe -
What additional features does the upgrade provide?
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport 6 speed manual
(THOR)
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 03:33 AM   #63

Model: Windsport 31S
State: Florida
THOR #4443
Excuse me if this has been covered but does anyone else have this issue. When the rear camera is on you cant listen to the radio. Is it me or is this the dumbest thing you have ever seen. Wait don't answer that.
Old 08-13-2016, 03:44 AM   #64

Model: Four Winds 22E
State: Washington
THOR #4719
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin View Post
Excuse me if this has been covered but does anyone else have this issue. When the rear camera is on you cant listen to the radio. Is it me or is this the dumbest thing you have ever seen. Wait don't answer that.
I'm pretty sure that is mentioned in previous posts in this thread.

Interestingly, Our 2017 Four winds has an Axxera AV615BHM. It does allow listening to the radio or whatever else is playing while the rear camera is on. However our camera does not seem to have a microphone, although I don't know what I would do with one if it did.

Ken
Old 08-13-2016, 03:52 AM   #65

THOR #4443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag&Au View Post
I'm pretty sure that is mentioned in previous posts in this thread.

Interestingly, Our 2017 Four winds has an Axxera AV615BHM. It does allow listening to the radio or whatever else is playing while the rear camera is on. However our camera does not seem to have a microphone, although I don't know what I would do with one if it did.

Ken
Hey Ken, I'm glad your AV615BHM works normal but it just makes me nuts that older models work a$$ backwards. Your one of the lucky ones to have a radio that operates as it should. I'm jealous.
Old 08-13-2016, 04:40 AM   #66

Model: Four Winds 22E
State: Washington
THOR #4719
Quote:
Hey Ken, I'm glad your AV615BHM works normal but it just makes me nuts that older models work a$$ backwards. Your one of the lucky ones to have a radio that operates as it should. I'm jealous.
There is one thing that is annoying. As far as I can tell there is no way to adjust the video while looking at the camera. That makes it a series of trial and tests with each switch involving a couple of screen taps. I need to do some more reading on the effect of the video adjustments.

I am seriously considering mounting a higher quality wireless camera on the ladder to give a higher quality wider angle view of what's going on behind on a separate monitor. I would still use the existing camera for backing.

Ken
Old 10-03-2016, 08:52 PM   #67

Model: Freedom Elite 29FE
THOR #2770
axxera av614bh loses power

Curious if anyone else has had the following issue.
The axxera av614bh loses power while driving. It just randomly shuts down. At first, i suspected a blown fuses. Checked all and all fuse are ok. Now once i get the RV electric plugged in at the campground or home, the radio works perfect again. The generator was running both times the issue happened. Any thoughts?
thanks
Old 10-03-2016, 09:17 PM   #68

THOR #1249
You may want to check the connections on the back of radio. A few have found loose connections.
Good luck.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:00 PM   #69
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyg30 View Post
Curious if anyone else has had the following issue.
The axxera av614bh loses power while driving. It just randomly shuts down. At first, i suspected a blown fuses. Checked all and all fuse are ok. Now once i get the RV electric plugged in at the campground or home, the radio works perfect again. The generator was running both times the issue happened. Any thoughts?
thanks
I am on my third radio under warranty because of the same issue. My radio would lose power while driving but I could hit the power button and it would come back on. I did not have to wait to plug in. Generator running or shut down had no bearing on the issue.

My dealer did a test drive with meters connected to the wires and determine the radio and not the connections were the culprit. Thor did the last replacement outside the warranty because the first repair attempt inside the warranty did not correct the problem.

I did not have any problems during my last 2 trips.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 11:15 PM   #70

Model: Hurricane 35C
THOR #3761
My Axxera also lost power during my trip to the dealer (about 2 hours away) and it was determined there was a bad solenoid in the wiring harness. The dealer repaired it under warranty and it has worked fine ever since.
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 03:01 AM   #71

THOR #4443
I hope to run into a Thor rep when I go to the Florida rv Supershow and ask them why they insist on installing JUNK into their RV's
Old 10-05-2016, 06:58 PM   #72

Model: Tuscany 40GQ
State: California
THOR #3283
Angry There has to be something better out there!

Quote:
I hope to run into a Thor rep when I go to the Florida rv Supershow and ask them why they insist on installing JUNK into their RV's
I agree. We pay all of these dollars for a (hopefully) quality coach, and end up with an overcomplicated, not user friendly radio/camera monitor.

2016 Tuscany 40GQ
Jeep Grand Cherokee
5 Dogs!
racinart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 10:22 PM   #73

State: Alabama
THOR #6573
Quote:
Originally Posted by billnagle6900@gmail.com View Post
Wow. What an interesting radio, etc. My first weekend out and I discovered that you can press and hold the "mode" button to keep the rear cam on. However, when the rear camera is on and I'm blasting my bluegrass music, I cannot turn it down as the vol knob doesn't seem to function with the rear cam on. Am I missing something?

Thanks
I've had my 2016 citation 24sr gor a year now. I've been trying to play the radio and use the rear view camera at the same time. I did see anywhere in the operation manual anything about pressing and holding the mode button. Tried it and it works. Thanks for the help. This forum is great.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:23 PM   #74

State: Alabama
THOR #6573
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryH View Post
I've had my 2016 citation 24sr gor a year now. I've been trying to play the radio and use the rear view camera at the same time. I did see anywhere in the operation manual anything about pressing and holding the mode button. Tried it and it works. Thanks for the help. This forum is great.
Did not see

Tags
av615bh