Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-15-2017, 01:27 AM   #41

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Rear view saftey monitor is a direct connect to the 3 cameras. Just pmug them in. There are 5 wires, 2 for power ground and 3 are triggers wires for turn signals and reverse. These need to be sliced to wire harness tgat was,att hed the the box.

2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 01:48 AM   #42

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.4
State: West Virginia
THOR #8716
Thanks halfprice. Then the RVS monitor wiring harness eliminates the need for the silver switch box?
Old 11-15-2017, 02:18 AM   #43

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamboat View Post
Thanks halfprice. Then the RVS monitor wiring harness eliminates the need for the silver switch box?
My switch box is sitting in a cabinet with a bunch of other spare parts. I kept the box just in case I want to go back to using the radio monitor.

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 06:17 AM   #44

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamboat View Post
Super D
Did I read correctly in one of your previous posts that the connectors on the RearviewSafety. Com monitor will fit directly into the Thor system whereas others have to be spliced? Thanks
If your cameras have the round 5 pin connectors then yes the Rear View Safety monitor plugs right up. The monitor comes with a nice wiring harness that is plenty long and easy to hook up. Since my monitor is a quad view I didn’t hook up the turn signal trigger wires, only the reverse wire.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:59 PM   #45

Model: ACE 30.4
State: West Virginia
THOR #8716
Thanks for all of the replies. When I get back to West Virginia from visiting kids in Texas I’ll make that the next project. Thanks again.
Old 11-29-2017, 02:37 AM   #46

THOR #10151
Axxera AV615BHM Problem

I have a 2017 Miramar which came with this radio, Axxera AV615BHM. I had a dead battery, and once I got the battery charged was able to start the motorhome. However, I can not get the radio to turn on. The tiny blue light in the upper left hand corner is on, so it seems there is power to the radio. I see there is a reset hole which also seems to be the aux hole. I tried a paper clip, to no avail. Any suggestions?
Old 11-29-2017, 07:51 PM   #47

Model: Four Winds Super C
State: Texas
THOR #9870
Schurch, I have the same radio and I also had battery problems. Sometimes circuit breakers/fuses pop during battery work but you say the blue light is on so probably not that. Mine turned on like normal after I replaced the batteries.

Regarding the Reset, it is not the same hole as the Aux. It's a smaller paperclip-size hole to the left of the word "Reset".
Name:  Reset.jpg
Views: 959
Size:  13.7 KB

I'll say too that my On/Off button is a bit tricky. If I push the "XX" part, it almost never turns on. I have to push just the smaller blue left side to turn on or off.
Name:  OnOff.jpg
Views: 934
Size:  12.9 KB
Old 11-29-2017, 10:15 PM   #48

Model: challenger 37YT
State: Michigan
THOR #6874
i've had problems with my radio since new, my coach is once again at the dealer getting a list of problems taken care of (3rd time)..i told the service manager the radio(which has been replaced twice already) had issues, the remote doesn't work,and i cant get a station to stay for longer than a couple of miles. the dealer called the radio company and they said there wasn't supposed to be a remote for that model due to it affecting other things in the coach...huh ? the other 2 radios worked with the remote fine..no notices saying stop using it or anything. this radio is defective, besides the issue with stations, when driving at night the cameras go blank sometimes and i cant see. of course they discontinued the Axera radio, im guessing they know the issues.. at any rate, they won't replace the radio because the dealer can't replicate the issues. i told the Thor guy that the dealer closes before dark and most likely can't get the problems to pop up in the garage.
he said they won't replace the radio...i told him Thors stock went up 50% this year, so the least they could do is hire some quality control so people can enjoy their investment without the regret i have.
i think i'm going to find someone to take the radio out and put in a quality unit and a separate monitor for the cameras. and i'm going to bust that radio up in little pieces and mail it to them...working on my own satisfaction don't cha know ?
they also made it so the dealer had to shop on Amazon to find a larger access hole for the black water because Thor just messed up the installation, said how to fix it, but can't supply the part because they don't have them ! chances are come spring i'll do as my wife ask me to do in March of this year (we bout it in Feb)..take a loss and get out from under it and all the worries and problems. yup, the radio, simply is the last straw.
sorry for the rant, but we bought this couch Feb 28 of this year and only got to use it TWICE, once for 4 days, once for 6...i've put more miles on it taking it back and forth to the dealer than i did for pleasure. the rest of the time has been for repairs..i try not to think what else i could've bought, or how many places i could go for 130 grand.
Old 12-30-2017, 08:51 PM   #49

THOR #10354
The manual is just a foldout. I have never seen a manual. The radio is unrealistically complex. The radio can probably do everything but how do you operate it?
Old 12-30-2017, 08:59 PM   #50

THOR #10354
The manual is a single, large foldout, that does not explain how to operate the radio. It just tells you where all of the knobs are and what they are supposed to do. Oh, there is only one knob...the volume.
Old 12-30-2017, 09:17 PM   #51

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
I just started playing with mine till I got it figured out, don’t think you can hurt it. If you change something and don’t like it change it back and try it again. When all else fails do a reset which takes it back to factory settings. Still a pretty crappy unit with poor video but i guess it sort of serves the purpose.
Old 12-30-2017, 09:54 PM   #52

THOR #10151
Radio

Thanks for the replies. Could not get it to work, talked to manufacture, they said to return coach to dealer. We'll see how that goes on Jan 10th.
Old 01-17-2018, 02:39 AM   #53

Model: Siesta 24ST
State: Maryland
THOR #3964
My 2018 Thor Siesta 24ST came with Axxera TVs (30-AXT32DLED). Only had a couple days, seem to work well. Just added a Dish Playmaker / Wally receiver to the coach and so far (few hours) working well. Came to the forum looking for remote code for Dish. The Ax manual said 506, but Dish software wants a 4 digit code. Tried zero in front, zero in back, because when you just give it 3 numbers you can't advance to next... Anyway, here's a link to the Ax manual... https://mito-oem.com/image/data/Manu...20MANUAL_R.pdf
Old 01-19-2018, 03:39 PM   #54

Model: Four Winds 23U
State: Ontario
THOR #10180
https://mito-oem.com/image/data/Manuals/Axxera/AV615BHM_Rev2.pdf
Old 01-27-2018, 02:14 AM   #55

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Nevada
THOR #5673
Here's the manual for the Axxera av615bhm
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Radio-Axxeraaudio-av615bhm Full Manual.pdf (2.81 MB, 119 views)
Old 09-08-2018, 05:15 PM   #56

Model: Thor four winds SF 35
State: Texas
THOR #13025
Does the Pioneer have hookups for a rear view and side view cameras?
Old 09-10-2018, 02:11 PM   #57

State: Illinois
THOR #13034
Axxera AV615BHM Problems

I have a 2018 Thor Class C Motorcoach that is equipped with an Axxera AV615BHM radio/camera unit. One day recently, it simply stopped turning on...no power at all.

I have checked fuses and circuit breakers, and the rest of the console and everything else on the house battery are working properly. Any ideas? Who in the world do I call about that sort of a problem? The unit has less than 40,000 miles on it.

Thanks!
Chris
Old 09-10-2018, 02:24 PM   #58
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Welcome to the site.

Did you try a paperclip in the reset button on the front? (seems to be the fix for all the Axxera radios.)
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 03:43 PM   #59

State: Illinois
THOR #13034
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Welcome to the site.

Did you try a paperclip in the reset button on the front? (seems to be the fix for all the Axxera radios.)
Thank you so much! That was so simple, and fixed the problem! I didn't even know that little button was there! You are a lifesaver!

Chris
Old 09-15-2018, 11:34 PM   #60

State: Massachusetts
THOR #12830
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
The radio is definitely NOT user friendly!
Agreed. Hate this radio.