Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 11-26-2018, 09:09 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27B
State: California
THOR #13788
Axxera AVM111NAV not working

We picked up our new 2019 27.2 Hurricane this week. The Axxera AVM111NAV was working fine on our first outing (we used the radio the entire weekend) until the drive home. As we were driving down the road, the unit began to dim. I shut it off, but then was not able to get it to turn back on. The backup/blinker cameras worked fine, although it was dim. Any ideas what went wrong?

Old 11-28-2018, 04:47 PM   #2

Model: FourWinds SK 35
State: Virginia
THOR #4706
My Axxera is a different model but did the same thing. I pulled radio from dash and found loose wire connector no surprise so if you can get to some of the wires give them a shake see what happens
Old 11-28-2018, 07:24 PM   #3

THOR #13788
Thank you for that info. I am semi tech savvy, so I did pull the unit off and checked it and pressed the reset button but nothing worked. Surprisingly, when we turned off the coach batteries and turned the, back on, it worked. Not sure if that was a coincidence or not. It seems to be working fine now. We did not receive a remote control or a Manuel for this (however, we did get a Manuel for the smoke detector )
Old 11-29-2018, 12:24 PM   #4

Model: FourWinds SK 35
THOR #4706
You can go on line and get the manual that’s how I got all the manuals for my rv.
Lol I also had manual for smoke dec.
Old 11-30-2018, 01:25 AM   #5

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37K
THOR #12448
Ours hasn't had that problem, but periodically the GPS loses sync and can't re-establish it. It wasn't until very recently that I had enough empirical data to see the pattern.

We usually leave our rig plugged in when at home, since we're usually out at least once a month, if not twice. It seems like if the radio has power applied for a week or two even if it's "off", that's when the GPS hangs.

Much like your situation, either turning off all 12v power (i.e., with engine off, turn off 12v disconnect for 60 seconds or so), or popping off the LCD panel for 60 seconds and reinstalling it seems to allow it to work again.
Old 04-24-2019, 03:19 PM   #6

Model: Palazzo 36.3
State: Ohio
THOR #15101
Hi Thomas M. I saw your comment re: Axxera AVM111NAV in which you responded that "You can go on line and get the manual that’s how I got all the manuals for my rv". I have googled everything under the sun re: this Axxera product trying to find the manual but have been unsuccessful so far. Can you help me find the manual for this specific model? It would be greatly appreciated as the unit is not turning on at all all of a sudden so i have no backup camera or side view cameras, etc.
Old 04-24-2019, 03:26 PM   #7

Model: Palazzo 36.3
THOR #15101
Hi Bslemons. I have the same unit. Where did you find the reset button? My unit will not power on at all so hoping i can find the reset button and hoping that will solve the problem.
Old 04-24-2019, 03:35 PM   #8

Model: Axis 27.7
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #12085
Manuals found here:

http://http://www.axxera.dualav.com/support/manuals.php

Reset button on mine is a tiny hole on front of the unit.
Old 07-01-2019, 11:48 PM   #9

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37K
THOR #12448
I happened to run across this thread again and figured I’d provide an update to my comment above.

We were on an extended trip and I wanted to run the wire for my dash cam through the dash instead of up and over it. When I opened up the dash, I found the GPS antenna coiled up under the dash immediately behind the head unit. No wonder I kept having GPS reception problems.

After unrolling the cable enough so it would sit on the dash next to the windshield, I (mostly unsurprisingly) suddenly got *amazing* GPS reception. The info screen was occasionally maxed out with GPS satellites.

I’m going to do something more permanent at some point, but this should give you an idea what I’m talking about.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3464.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	395.4 KB
ID:	18645

And you get to see evidence of the bug splat collection we obtained during that particular leg of our trip.

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/C...VAWVWIWYsm.jpg
TheDustyGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 07:42 PM   #10

State: Michigan
THOR #12333
Bslemons, go to this website: https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owner-resource/

It is a Thor site. Create an account and then go to the "Owners" link at the top right of the page. Enter your VIN and you will get a wealth of info including manuals for most things in your rig.
funmoneypit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 04:25 PM   #11

State: Texas
THOR #16248
The reset button is on the top of the unit between the camera button and the microSD slot.
Old 08-07-2019, 03:35 PM   #12

THOR #13788
Here’s an update— every time we traveled the radio jiggled enough to become disconnected. After having to “reattach” it so many times, a tiny, plastic part broke off. We contacted Camping World, but because it’s a busy time of the year we had to make an appointment for 45 days away. I called Thor. They were very nice and sent us the part, so at least when we take it to camping world, they will have the part to fix it.

In the meantime, we have the radio duck taped to the dash ��. It works fine, but looks tacky!
Old 08-07-2019, 05:58 PM   #13

Model: challenger 37FH
State: Delaware
THOR #13399
I had similar problem,found out the face or screen, actually pushes onto and pulls off of the body of the radio. The screen has a plug on the back if isn't snapped in tight it will go off and on. The body of my radio was not really tight behind the dash so when I would push the screen it would also push the radio body back,so I removed the 4 screws holding the plastic dash top pushed the back of the radio body and the screen together heard a click turn radio on to check,everything worked,put dash top back on been fine ever since. Hope this helps.
Old 06-01-2020, 07:11 PM   #14

THOR #18994
Avm211nav

I can put in a destination on my gps. It doesnt give me an option.
Old 01-30-2021, 01:04 AM   #15

State: Nevada
THOR #10325
Thomas M is correct I have that model in my Challenger 37LX I had to pull it out of the dash and I didn’t have the install tool so I make one, you need the radios instructions to see where the spots to use the tool or just gently rock it from side to side. I found the power plug not seated completely.