Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2021, 08:42 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum JM31
State: Tennessee
THOR #21926
Axxera AVM2207S no Android Auto

Before you tell me let me say that I know this is not a quality top of the line product but I would expect the features to work.

We just took delivery of a 2022 Quantum JM31 and the Axxera AVM2207S is the head Thor installed in the Ford E450 dash. Everything works with the exception of Android Auto on my Samsung S9 phone. I don't know about Apple Car Play because we do not have an Apple phone. Both the Android Auto and Apple Car Play say no device when you touch the icon. We are able to pair the Samsung phone and it downloads my contacts. We have played music from the phone and the battery charges but no matter what I try can't get connected to Android Auto. Anyone have a solution.

Thanks,

Bob

Old 05-25-2021, 09:08 AM   #2

Model: Quantum JM31
State: Tennessee
THOR #21926
Guess no one on the forum has any experience with the Axxera. I had a call into the dealership and the service advisor I was connected to said they have been that way for a long time because they need a software update. That seems like a lame answer to me. I noticed by looking at the manual that the connection for a phone has a dedicated USB port on the back of the unit. If I can find a tool to pull the head I will look at the back and see if that has been disconnected or never connected. I thought it had to be connected because we were able to play music from the phone but then I realized that was thru Bluetooth.

Bob
Old 05-25-2021, 12:07 PM   #3

Model: Windsport 32N
State: Arizona
THOR #23246
Android Auto can be very picky about the USB cable that you use. It has to top of the line. They say to use the one that came with the phone, but I have found others work as well. If you haven't, you might try some others.
Old 06-29-2021, 01:02 AM   #4

Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Texas
THOR #22781
Pair Phone

Any suggestions cannot pair Samsung phone, it appears our Axxera AVM2207S is not recognizing our phone or we are doing something wrong. New MH 2021 Four Winds.