Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2018, 02:08 PM   #61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 2018 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #12484
Firmware is dated earlier 2018 so obviously if your RV is earlier... update it

2002 National See Breeze 1341
mstng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 03:32 PM   #62

Model: Four Winds 24F
State: Ontario
THOR #9645
this is the web site that the tech support sent me
Product Firmware Updates
in this file there is PDF file with the instructions on how to proceed. In this PDF file there is a link for a free zip/unzip apps as it is required to unzip the firmware file.
Old 09-28-2018, 06:53 PM   #63
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Axxera

Yesterday, we returned from a 2k 3 week trip for the second time this summer.
The Axis just keeps getting better and better with the miles. Regarding the Axxera radio...knowing many folks have replaced it...we have found no issues we cannot live without. Yes, when pulling the trailer or having the Dual Sport Suzuki hanging off the back ...we keep the radio in camera mode...we have updated the camera software therefore, when we use the turn signal, it returns to the camera mode. Sure, one cannot adjust the volume in camera mode...uh.. perhaps we are too easy going..but this is not an irritant...we find it real easy to switch back to the radio...then, of course, like I have said in the past...I am in the shotgun seat during our trips and handle all GPS. Radio Snacks and map reading needed. Ron does 99% of the driving even tho I can help when he wants a break.
We love our Axis...and yes, we have looked at downsizing and nothing compares
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 01:22 PM   #64

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
Yesterday, we returned from a 2k 3 week trip for the second time this summer.
The Axis just keeps getting better and better with the miles. Regarding the Axxera radio...knowing many folks have replaced it...we have found no issues we cannot live without. Yes, when pulling the trailer or having the Dual Sport Suzuki hanging off the back ...we keep the radio in camera mode...we have updated the camera software therefore, when we use the turn signal, it returns to the camera mode. Sure, one cannot adjust the volume in camera mode...uh.. perhaps we are too easy going..but this is not an irritant...we find it real easy to switch back to the radio...then, of course, like I have said in the past...I am in the shotgun seat during our trips and handle all GPS. Radio Snacks and map reading needed. Ron does 99% of the driving even tho I can help when he wants a break.
We love our Axis...and yes, we have looked at downsizing and nothing compares
I put my AXXERA radio on my Harley Davidson. Now when I'm riding it I can see Dual Sport Suzuki's disappearing in the distance behind me.
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 06:01 PM   #65
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLovers View Post
I put my AXXERA radio on my Harley Davidson. Now when I'm riding it I can see Dual Sport Suzuki's disappearing in the distance behind me.
TOOOOO FUNNY ! We DO have a dresser, which we have had for many years...has given us many miles of fun long trips...our longest, when we were young 4000+miles .. Ron raced motorcycles when young, so has always had a trailbike or such, for when he wants to ride on the dirt or mountain trails.
When we were younger, Ron might have challenged you … his Dual Sport 650 Suzuki to your Harley on dirt, mountain trails ! The big bikes do get a bit squirrely on dirt n pebbles, etc.

Happy Camping !! at least we have something in common..bikes n camping!
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 09-29-2018, 09:14 PM   #66

THOR #6280
Dirt? Did you say dirt? Any time any place. I pull a Polaris RZR 900 half the time. It loves dirt, rocks, hills, mountains even water. Runs 70 mph off road. UPHILL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3411.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	185.0 KB
ID:	13147  
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
Old 09-30-2018, 10:26 AM   #67

Model: Chanteau
State: Arizona
THOR #12515
I thought about these as we have a couple of them, but a lot of states don’t allow them on the roads
Old 09-30-2018, 06:42 PM   #68

THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeroe66 View Post
I thought about these as we have a couple of them, but a lot of states don’t allow them on the roads
Get it license plated.
Old 09-30-2018, 07:44 PM   #69

THOR #9645
our RV is a 2018, if you have issues with the Axxera i would contact them first
Old 10-03-2018, 10:50 PM   #70
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLovers View Post
Dirt? Did you say dirt? Any time any place. I pull a Polaris RZR 900 half the time. It loves dirt, rocks, hills, mountains even water. Runs 70 mph off road. UPHILL
For many years, we have, towed in our trailer or carried on our hitch, a motorcycle. We have strongly, considered a Razor or Polaris similar to what you have. However, we were told they were not street legal and some states do not allow them on the hiways.
Can you enlighten us as to what you have done to make your Polaris street legal, etc. ?

thanks
Ron
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 10-04-2018, 02:48 AM   #71

THOR #6280
Any state that issues license plates to your ORV, UTV automatically makes it street legal in all 50 states. Indiana issues license plates and vehicle registration for UTV's equipped with lights, signals, horn, provided of course you have the title. I have been to Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, South Carolina, North and South Dakota without a single issue. Naturally you need to exercise common sense like not taking it on a freeway but city and county roads are legal as well as off road. Many states require a visitors permit when riding on their states trail systems or state park lands. That usually runs fron $10 to $30 depending where and what state. You can also run without plates in many places. There are lots of camping areas adjacent to state and federal lands that allow off road vehicles without plates as long as you fork over that states visitor permit fee. You can google "UTV trails near me" or by state and you will be surprised how many there are. We have a Harley, RZR and a golf cart. Where we are going determines what we trailer behind the RV.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:09 PM   #72

Model: Freedom Traveler A30
State: Florida
THOR #10918
Update to the camera issue. IT IS FIXED.....finally....six months. Turned out to be a small wiring harness (located under the camera) that connects the camera to the main cable that runs the length of the coach. A non CW RV Repair shop was able to find the fault and repair it. Hats off to Thor for sticking to the warranty. Every component was changed...switcher(twice), monitor,(twice) main cable(twice), and short wiring harness. Might add that Thor sent a replacement monitor AVM80 that is SIRUS ready and has the latest firmware installed. The Rear View video is now the default video. That means once the turn signal is canceled the rear view video is displayed automatically.
Old 10-28-2018, 03:52 PM   #73

Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie View Post
Update to the camera issue. IT IS FIXED.....finally....six months. Turned out to be a small wiring harness (located under the camera) that connects the camera to the main cable that runs the length of the coach. A non CW RV Repair shop was able to find the fault and repair it. Hats off to Thor for sticking to the warranty. Every component was changed...switcher(twice), monitor,(twice) main cable(twice), and short wiring harness. Might add that Thor sent a replacement monitor AVM80 that is SIRUS ready and has the latest firmware installed. The Rear View video is now the default video. That means once the turn signal is canceled the rear view video is displayed automatically.
Yay! Good to hear they paid for all that diagnostic time.
Old 10-28-2018, 04:18 PM   #74

THOR #9645
glad to read what a pleasure when the equipment is operating as design.
Old 11-02-2018, 05:16 AM   #75

Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Illinois
THOR #12548
I’ve got a 2019 hurricane and the Axxera radio did the same thing. There was a “new” firmware update that returns the monitor back to the rear view camera after the turn signal turns off. I say “new” because it’s actually a down-rev if you go by version number.

I’d check the axxera web site to see if yours has the same option.
Old 11-03-2018, 01:17 AM   #76

THOR #9645
our was fixed with the hardware update
Old 12-19-2018, 12:23 AM   #77

Model: Thor Axis
State: Mississippi
THOR #6203
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng View Post
I agree, side cameras are a waste. I can see both blade sides perfectly with the lower parabolic mirrors. The side cameras are only a distraction for me.
My cameras on my Axxera suddenly stopped working. I get “no signal” on the screen. The only thing I can think may have happened is that I recently had a hydralic leveling system installed and perhaps a wire has come loose after installing the leveling system control panel on the dash. How do you access the radios wiring ?
Old 12-19-2018, 12:26 AM   #78
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by sforl View Post
My cameras on my Axxera suddenly stopped working. I get no signal on the screen. The only thing I can think may have happened is that I recently had a hydralic leveling system installed and perhaps there may be a loose wire or something. Where would I check foe that?
Usually when the cameras stop working the connections at the back of the radio have come loose. In addition: If your coach uses a switchbox (because your radio has only 1 input) that will be under the panel above the dash (the one you can unscrew with the two thumbscrews)--you'll want to check it as well for loose connections.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 03:00 AM   #79

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Georgia
THOR #5927
Quote:
Originally Posted by sforl View Post
My cameras on my Axxera suddenly stopped working. I get “no signal” on the screen. The only thing I can think may have happened is that I recently had a hydralic leveling system installed and perhaps a wire has come loose after installing the leveling system control panel on the dash. How do you access the radios wiring ?

On my 25.2, you simply need to pull off the tray that’s on the dash right over the radio. Pull up on the side closest to the windshield and pull towards the windshield. You can then see the back of the radio.
Old 06-02-2019, 08:57 PM   #80

State: Michigan
THOR #9184
My Thor 2015 Vegas axxera camera cd etc both plug ins don’t work. could it be a fuse or do I need to have them replaced..one did work for 3 yrs??

Tags
axxera radio, camera