Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2022, 03:45 PM   #101
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Beamer View Post
How did you hook up all three cameras to continuously display? I am upgrading my backup camera and was thinking using it as a rear view camera. I thought I'd have to wire separate 12V power to it to keep it on. I read that when it gets 12V from the backup lights it turns on.
The camera is on all the time. If you set your radio to view the camera input you will see it displayed as you go down the road. Putting the vehicle in reverse sends a trigger signal to the radio to display the camera input.

As your quoted post says, he used an external monitor to display all 3 cameras at the same time. This is done by bypassing the camera switchbox Thor installed and wire the cameras directly to the monitor's multiple inputs. The monitor does all the work/configuration. A monitor similar to this will work:

https://www.rearviewsafety.com/safet...w-monitor.html

2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 05:59 PM   #102

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #25444
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng View Post
Yes, Firmware update is found on the Axxers website. It is dated earlier this year and fixed the back up camera switching.
Easy file transfer using radio usb.

I couldn't find my model number (AV614BH) for the manual or an update on the Axxera website. Does anyone have a link for this model?
Boca Raton, FL
Steve Beamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 04:20 PM   #103

State: South Carolina
THOR #30892
Axxera radio

I have a 2020 Thor Challenger with Axxera radio that has GPS, backup and turn signal cameras and Sirius radio plus hand free calling. I need a replacement. Where can I find one that has all the features?
Old 11-15-2023, 05:44 PM   #104

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Indiana
THOR #30073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loretta View Post
I have a 2020 Thor Challenger with Axxera radio that has GPS, backup and turn signal cameras and Sirius radio plus hand free calling. I need a replacement. Where can I find one that has all the features?
Search 10" double DIN radio on Amazon, Crutchfield, or your local stereo shop(s).
Old 11-15-2023, 06:38 PM   #105

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Beamer View Post
I couldn't find my model number (AV614BH) for the manual or an update on the Axxera website. Does anyone have a link for this model?
This can be a pain to sort out. Your best and easiest route is to call Thor with your vin# and they will be able to give you all the radio info you need and possibly source you a replacement.
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 07:49 PM   #106

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Iowa
THOR #28145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loretta View Post
You have three choices.
First you can call Thor to see if you can get a new radio that is the same model as the one you have. That might be problematic if the model in your RV is no longer in production.
Second, if the model is out of production Thor might be able to offer a newer model that is a plug and play replacement.
Third, you could get an aftermarket radio look for a Double DIN radio with a 10" screen. Also, most radios have a SXM add on module that lets you receive the satellite signal. You will only need to replace that if your original Xm receiver is also toast or if it is not compatible with the new radio. https://www.crutchfield.com/ is a good place to start. Replacement with different make / model radio will be a little more difficult but it is something the average DIYer can do in their own. With a little care and proper preperation.

Former 1996 28' Tiffin Allegro owner
Dan-sr@perra-us.net is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axxera radio, camera