Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2018, 10:11 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: Texas
THOR #4818
Cable Routing For Rear Camera

I have a 2014 Palazzo 36.1 and I'm wondering if anyone out there has a schematic that shows the cable routing for the rear camera? Mine has gone out and for a couple of reasons I'd like to string a new cable ...

Old 04-15-2018, 05:11 PM   #2

Model: ACE 30.1
State: New York
THOR #10579
Best bet would to be contact Thor customer service and have them send you the wiring diagrams specific to your coach. You will need your VIN number when you call them. Call them at "Owners Only toll-free phone line at (877) 855*-2867", don't bother submitting a request thru the website if you want the information any time soon. Calling is the best way. After calling them I got my diagrams sent to my email address while I was still on the phone with them. They are sent as PDF files.
Old 04-15-2018, 06:39 PM   #3

THOR #4818
Thanks jnschnit!
Old 04-16-2018, 03:22 AM   #4

Brand: Jayco
Model: Alante
State: West Virginia
THOR #5597
I hope you have better luck than I did with Jayco, I asked for camera cable routing and was told that they didn't have one for the backup camera. After a brief discussion among themselves, They thought it ran along the frame and crossed over at some point.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:13 AM   #5

THOR #4818
Thanks Mitch S! I guess the moment of truth is nearly here ... I'll keep you posted ...
Old 04-16-2018, 01:24 PM   #6

Model: Four Winds 28A Class C
State: Vermont
THOR #4117
I don't know about your coach but mine has a channel that runs long the corner between the left wall and the floor. It has several other wires in it. I ran the rear view camera cable in this channel. It is formed by a board that is placed to bridge the corner between the wall and the floor.
Old 04-16-2018, 03:38 PM   #7

THOR #4818
Thanks tenbear! Is this "channel" under a moulding that's like 3 inches wide? I think I know where you're talking about but is there any chance I can get a picture of it?
Old 04-16-2018, 03:51 PM   #8

Model: Four Winds 28A Class C
State: Vermont
THOR #4117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon1152 View Post
Thanks tenbear! Is this "channel" under a moulding that's like 3 inches wide? I think I know where you're talking about but is there any chance I can get a picture of it?
If you look at the area where the wall and the floor meet, imagine a board about 6-8" wide placed at a 45% degree angle between the wall and floor, running the length of the wall between things like the bedside cabinet and the shower, or between the seats of the dinette. It is held in place by screws every foot or so.

I don't have a photo but I could get one if it is still not clear.
Old 04-16-2018, 03:59 PM   #9

THOR #4818
I hear you, but I've got nothing like that on mine .... Thanks again for chiming in ... Take care!
Old 04-19-2018, 09:47 PM   #10

Model: ACE 27.1
State: California
THOR #3186
My motor home has a angular piece about 8” by 100” at the rear of the coach stapled to the roof and wall. It came loose so I took it off. The rear camera wire comes through there and heads up the drivers side to the front of the coach near the roof. Remember though that some radios had issue with the rear camera and it wasn’t the wire or the connectors. It was with in the radio. Thor sent me a new radio and the issue disappeared. Do a search, lots of posts about the problem.
Old 04-20-2018, 10:22 AM   #11

THOR #4818
Thanks Forest! You could not have known this but my system includes a 4 camera mobile dvr and a separate 10" monitor so the radio went out of the equation a long time ago ... I'm going to be exploring the cavity between the rear cap and bathroom (Diesel Pusher) for possible entry points this weekend, but thanks again for the insight ...
Old 04-20-2018, 04:21 PM   #12

Model: ACE 27.1
State: California
THOR #3186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon1152 View Post
Thanks Forest! You could not have known this but my system includes a 4 camera mobile dvr and a separate 10" monitor so the radio went out of the equation a long time ago ... I'm going to be exploring the cavity between the rear cap and bathroom (Diesel Pusher) for possible entry points this weekend, but thanks again for the insight ...
BTW they ran a lot of cables through this channel you get the best RF interference that way. Good hunting.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:24 PM   #13

THOR #4818
yep just shove a lot of stuff wherever it fits ...