Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2018, 05:52 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
THOR #5190
Axxerra AV615BHM Bluetooth

I've been fiddling with getting a bluetooth transmitter to connect the TV in our ACE 30.1 to the speakers above the couch (now recliners). I'm about ready to rip the Axxera AV615BHM that came with the coach out and kick it down the street.

I've tried two different bluetooth 4.1 transmitters that use a headphone cable to connect the TV headphone output to the transmitter. I can get them to connect to the Axxera quite reliability, but actually getting sound out is another matter. I've been able to connect my iPhone 7 to it very reliability and can get audio from the iPhone to play through the Axxera speakers. But the bluetooth transmitters appear to be total failures.

The sound will sometimes connect, but it looks really random and seems to have about a 5% success rate. And when it does succeed the unit says its connected to my iPhone. Its behaving like it doesn't know how to talk with the bluetooth transmitter once its paired.

Has anyone managed to get a bluetooth transmitter to reliability connect? What bluetooth spec?

I'm starting to wonder if the latest bluetooth specs are too much for the Axxera - of course their manuals state nothing about what bluetooth specs they use. Its starting to look like the only reliable method will be to get a long headphone cable and plug it directly into the audio jack on the Axxera. I know that works. Eventually the Axxera will find its way to the trash can.

Roadmaster Falcon All Terrain
RVi Brake 3
DenverTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 02:34 AM   #2

State: Tennessee
THOR #9213
How do you remove the av615bhm from the case that is in the dash?
Is there a special tool that you need?
Old 06-27-2018, 12:56 PM   #3

THOR #5190
Quote:
Originally Posted by donca56 View Post
How do you remove the av615bhm from the case that is in the dash?
Is there a special tool that you need?
This post discusses removing an Axxera.
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f17...ash-11286.html
RVi Brake 3
Old 06-28-2018, 02:42 PM   #4

Model: Challenger 37BT
State: North Carolina
THOR #11321
Taking it a bit further, has anyone been able to use the Remote that came with the Axxera ?
My Axxera connected to my phone via Bluetooth, and a call came Booming thru the speakers, didn't even realize it was connected.
Denver, interesting, hadn't thought to try that.
I have no audio to the living room TV, when playing DVDs. Audio works fine on bedroom TV, playing the same DVD.
Old 06-28-2018, 03:07 PM   #5

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Yes I use the Axxera's remote to control its volume while sitting on the couch. I use an FM transmitter to get the TV audio to the Alexa and it to power the speakers over the couch. I just wish Thor had wired the inside TV to the Axxera the way they wired the outside TV to the Jensen.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 03:46 PM   #6

THOR #5190
A bit of a follow up. I exchanged a couple of emails with Axxera support. Ended up with a very poorly worded response (clearly Chinglish) that appears to attempt to say that they can’t connect to any Bluetooth source other than a smart phone. It implied that it might not work with an iPhone but mine connects fine. So I’m not sure they even know.

I have connected through the Aux In connection using a 12 ft extension 35mm jack cable from the TV aux output jack. I do get a hum under the sound,which appears to originate with the equally crappy Seki TV. I can plug into my iPhone at the TV end of the cable and the hum doesn’t appear.

I think long term both the Axxera and Seki need to go and I need to figure out a way to run the speaker wiring to a central switch point.
RVi Brake 3
Old 06-28-2018, 08:46 PM   #7

Model: Challenger 37BT
State: North Carolina
THOR #11321
I'd be happy if I could just get sound from the living room sound bar, when playing DVDs . No sound from the TV Speakers either.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Thor RV Forum mobile app