Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2017, 06:46 PM   #1
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Axxerra AV615BHM Question

I just picked up my coach from the dealer and they installed the fourth radio. With this installation they replaced the Axxerra AV614 with an Axxerra AV615BHM and new wiring harness. I had the 614 down pat but now have a learning curve on the 615.

Question, how do you adjust the volume of the rear camera mic when driving? On the 614 when the camera was being viewed the volume control adjusted the volume for the rear mic. On the installed 615 while viewing the camera the volume control adjusts the volume for the radio and not the rear mic.

I have this nasty suspicion the tech might have wired the camera mic incorrectly but thought I'd ask before taking the top of the dash apart.

2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:22 PM   #2
Site Team

THOR #1469
Pulled the top of the dash and the radio this evening. The mic was plugged into one of the aux ports but the volume could not be controlled. I tried plugging the mic into various different ports on the back of the radio and still no volume control.

On the 614 the camera had audio and video ports but on the 615 there is a separate cable for camera video and subwoofer out.

I'll try a couple of other things tomorrow but right now I think I'll just leave the mic unplugged.
FMCA - F432054
Old 02-22-2017, 01:24 AM   #3
Site Team

THOR #1469
Problem solved.

Disconnected my portable Sirius radio from Aux 2 and plugged the rear mic into the front audio jack for Aux 2. Plugged the audio cable for my portable Sirius radio into the Aux 1 port on the front of the radio.

Now, when viewing the rear view camera the volume knob controls the volume for whatever is playing on the radio. Aux 2 volume controls the volume for the rear mic. Set to 0 when driving and turn the volume up when the rear mic is needed.

With the exception of not having a separate jack for the rear mic and having to go to a front cable input for the Sirius radio I like the AV615 better than the AV614. The ability to control the volume of whatever is playing while still viewing the rear camera is a definite plus.
FMCA - F432054
Old 04-13-2018, 12:35 AM   #4

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Oregon
THOR #8461
Axxerra AV615BHM

Rear mic ? What is that attached to? The rear camera outside? Does that mean someone outside could talk with you? I'm not sure why anyone would need a rear mic. Can you tell me???

jch