Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-04-2017, 03:47 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '17 Hurricane 34F
State: Missouri
THOR #6040
Backup and Side view camera loss of signal

I lose signal from my camera to the head unit display while driving at speed. When I slow or go in reverse it has the signal. Common problem? Thor said likely a loose connection at the back of the Axxera head unit. The issue started abruptly.

Old 01-04-2017, 12:05 PM   #2

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Two places to look, we had the same problem on our 29M. Under the coach at the very rear was a big bundle of wires that was hanging loose and bouncing around, after securing the wires no more problems. Remove the large cover over the dash, look for a small silver box with three camera leads and trigger wires from turn signals and reverse, it was dangling also, secured it with zip ties. You can trace from the box to your radio and look at connections. Good luck!
Old 10-10-2017, 02:55 PM   #3

State: Ontario
THOR #9520
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Two places to look, we had the same problem on our 29M. Under the coach at the very rear was a big bundle of wires that was hanging loose and bouncing around, after securing the wires no more problems. Remove the large cover over the dash, look for a small silver box with three camera leads and trigger wires from turn signals and reverse, it was dangling also, secured it with zip ties. You can trace from the box to your radio and look at connections. Good luck!
I have a 2017 Thor Hurricane 31S with the same camera issues. I have found the main wire connection in the back of the Axxera unit needs to be wiggled around to fix the problem. I need access to this but don’t see a dash cover your talking about to access everything. The silver camera box needs to be mounted to as its bounced onto the floor a couple times on rough roads. i can try and remove the head unit to see if I have enough room to get at everything. I think the dashes are the same in these and wonder which cover your talking about. Please let me know. Thanks Randy
Old 10-10-2017, 04:41 PM   #4

THOR #5196
The big cover on the dash directly in front of your steering wheel, it has two black quick release screws that allow you to remove it. After the cover is off look down and to the right and you should see the silver camera switch box.
Old 10-13-2017, 03:25 AM   #5

State: Georgia
THOR #8993
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
The big cover on the dash directly in front of your steering wheel, it has two black quick release screws that allow you to remove it. After the cover is off look down and to the right and you should see the silver camera switch box.
It seems like with everyone having the same problem thor would correct this. My ace is doing the same thing. Thanks for the advice.
Old 10-13-2017, 11:02 AM   #6

THOR #5196
I corrected my problem by doing away with the switch box and plugging my cameras directly into a new 9” monitor on the dash. No more leaning over to see the small screen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4BFD9933-D7EB-4DCB-9800-92AAE24BE9C2.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	7347
Old 10-13-2017, 01:35 PM   #7

Model: 2017 Vegas 24.1
State: Wisconsin
THOR #3973
We just had our Axera head unit replaced under warranty with a new Jenson. Solved our problem with video flickering and sporadic outages and we can now adjust the volume when the cameras are on. 2017 Vegas 24.1