Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-12-2017, 05:14 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
Like anything those knife valves and their seals will eventually fail. I had that on my former DP, and believe me its something you do not let go for long.

Old 10-12-2017, 05:45 PM   #22

Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
I keep all my sewer hoses (3 lengths coiled and closed), flush hose (a gray color not to be confused with white drinking water or green outside water), sewer hose accordion stand, elbow fittings, and a box of gloves all in the sewer compartment of my Hurricane...
Wish my ace had that much room. I have room for the sewer hose and elbow and that's about it. I might be able to fit my red flush hose as well, but no way the accordion stand can fit in there. It's a tight fit for the other stuff, with only about the 5" or so room on the bottom of the compartment.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:53 PM   #23

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Use a 45 degree elbow instead of a 90, easier to get aligned with the round hatch. I use clear connections so that I can see when everything runs clear when flushing the black water tank.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:17 PM   #24

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Oregon
THOR #6934
My old class C would always have some "fluid" it it when opening the cap. When we got the new Vegas I was happy that would not be the case....NOT
It always seems to have a little, guess the valves aren't fool proof.

I just hook up the Slinky to the drop end and remove the compartment cover. Then while holding the slinky under it, rotate the fitting and let the contents pour into the hose, then hook it up. Only way that works for me.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:45 PM   #25

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Texas
THOR #6162
That outlet will also rotate up so nothing will run out before you get your 45 elbow on. I always rotate mine up so when I remove the cap, no dribbles.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:09 PM   #26
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:50 PM   #27

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #4466
OK, this conversation has caused some additional brain activity so I went out and gave another look to my sewer compartment. Now, this is a 2017 Axis 25.2. There is a round opening in the bottom of the sewer compartment that is about 4 inches across. It is threaded as if something should be there. The sewer line is turned down just barely above that opening and ain't gonna budge. I gave it a close look and tried to turn it up. No way. So, am I missing something? If so I'll give Thor a call..
This thread has warmed the heart of an old sewer worker. Especially the video. Be still my heart!
2019 Honda Ridgeline AWD
Wonderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 02:22 AM   #28

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
The 4” round hole is the sewer outlet and should have a cover that screws in to seal the compartment. If you are missing the cover you need to get another one from CW, Amazon, or Thor. The outlet between the two tanks should swivel, it will be stiff. Spray some silicone on both sides, if that doesn’t work VERY slightly loosen a couple of the nuts on the black and gray valves.