Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2020, 08:51 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Outlaw 38RE
State: West Virginia
THOR #17154
Channel scan disabled on Seiki SE40FYM

We’re out and about and trying to watch some TV. We’ve got a Seiki SE40FYM. In the past, I was able to rotate the King Jack antenna, then select menu then channel, then scan. We’ve successfully done this in the past. Last week my grandkids were able to scan and watch local channels.

Today, after menu we can no longer scroll to lock or channel. They’re displayed on the menu but using the remote and the manual buttons on the TV only scrolls thru picture, sound, time and setup, then bypasses lock and channels.

Notice that lock and channel are greyed out. Is there a configuration clue that I’m missing? Could they have changed something while I wasn’t looking?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5235D28C-574E-43B4-888F-807752363318.jpeg
Views:	143
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	24379  

Good Sam member
FMCA member
WearyTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 09:06 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by WearyTraveler View Post
We’re out and about and trying to watch some TV. We’ve got a Seiki SE40FYM. In the past, I was able to rotate the King Jack antenna, then select menu then channel, then scan. We’ve successfully done this in the past. Last week my grandkids were able to scan and watch local channels.

Today, after menu we can no longer scroll to lock or channel. They’re displayed on the menu but using the remote and the manual buttons on the TV only scrolls thru picture, sound, time and setup, then bypasses lock and channels.

Notice that lock and channel are greyed out. Is there a configuration clue that I’m missing? Could they have changed something while I wasn’t looking?
The parental lock has been activated.

Steps to set a Parental lock PIN code
  • On the supplied remote control, press the HOME button.
  • Select Settings.
  • This step may vary depending on your TV menu options: Under TV category, select Watching TV → Parental lock. Under the...
  • Under TV category, select Watching TV → Parental lock.
  • Under the Personal category, select Parental lock → PIN Code.
If you do not know the PIN then your instruction manual should have the master unlock code or you could call the manufacturer
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote