Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2019, 10:30 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #3340
Cool Jenson radio/back up camera

I’ve had trouble with this unit in the past - if I turned it off, it struggled to be turned back on, if I didn’t turn it off while at my granddaughters softball tournament, boondocking, it ran the battery down requiring use of the “emergency start” of the truck. I’ve just dealt with it and it always turned itself back on after a few miles down the road. But now it’s dead, well not really dead. The radio/camera won’t turn on but there are flickering lights at the CD insertion and there is no CD. I can’t figure out what fuse to pull. Thought just pulling the fuse and maybe rebooting it would work. It’s not the fuse shown in the Ford manual and it’s not the fuse showing on the panel schematic for the Ford.

You guys got any idea what I could try next?

2014 Ford Axis 24.1

Old 07-15-2019, 12:12 AM   #2
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by sueasher1@netzero.net View Post
I’ve had trouble with this unit in the past - if I turned it off, it struggled to be turned back on, if I didn’t turn it off while at my granddaughters softball tournament, boondocking, it ran the battery down requiring use of the “emergency start” of the truck. I’ve just dealt with it and it always turned itself back on after a few miles down the road. But now it’s dead, well not really dead. The radio/camera won’t turn on but there are flickering lights at the CD insertion and there is no CD. I can’t figure out what fuse to pull. Thought just pulling the fuse and maybe rebooting it would work. It’s not the fuse shown in the Ford manual and it’s not the fuse showing on the panel schematic for the Ford.

You guys got any idea what I could try next?

2014 Ford Axis 24.1

The infamous JRV210 I assume bring a 2014 rig?
Easiest is to pop it out of the dash, and unplug from behind.
You should have gotten 2 ‘U’ shaped wires in your paperwork/manuals the slide into holes on each side of radio, and with a little giggling (IIRC pushing outward) it will slide right out.

If you didn’t get the wires, many auto parts stores carry them for a few bucks.

Haven’t found a good long term solution other than replacing the unit... sigh...
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 01:57 AM   #3

THOR #3340
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
You should have gotten 2 ‘U’ shaped wires in your paperwork/manuals the slide into holes on each side of radio, and with a little giggling (IIRC pushing outward) it will slide right out.

Haven’t found a good long term solution other than replacing the unit... sigh...
Well! Thanks??? I guess. I didn’t receive any ‘U’ shaped wires. Not crazy about replacing of course. What did you replace with?
Old 07-15-2019, 02:15 AM   #4
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by sueasher1@netzero.net View Post
Well! Thanks??? I guess. I didn’t receive any ‘U’ shaped wires. Not crazy about replacing of course. What did you replace with?

I haven’t yet... on second RV210... replaced by service plan last time... Second one having same issues bu each time I get ready to do something it starts working again...
The JRV215 was about only other choice that would take 3 camera input without adding another box for more $$, but not sure that is available any more.
Search to forum for ‘Jensen blank screen’ and you’ll find several threads including what others have replaced with.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 02:21 AM   #5

THOR #3340
Quote:
I haven’t yet... on second RV210... replaced by service plan last time... Second one having same issues bu each time I get ready to do something it starts working again...
The JRV215 was about only other choice that would take 3 camera input without adding another box for more $$, but not sure that is available any more.
Search to forum for ‘Jensen blank screen’ and you’ll find several threads including what others have replaced with.
Thank you
Old 07-17-2019, 04:58 PM   #6

THOR #3340
Quote:

I fixed it! Well, maybe only temporarily. I couldn’t figure out how to remove it so I just pulled down the “apron” for the dash. I had popped the top of the dash connection in the past, cleaning the little trough. So it got me into the back, then at the very bottom of that dash apron there were wingnuts that were easily removed. I unplugged the cord on the very bottom left hand side (as you see it from the driver’s seat). Plugged it back and voila’! It’s working. And it wasn’t that difficult to do so if it does this trick in the future at least I know what to try. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.