Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-15-2021, 11:46 AM   #1

State: Florida
THOR #23331
Cigarette Lighters

We have the Ford V10 2019. Both cigarette lighters in cab will not work. Has to be a fuse somewhere. Have checked under hood all fuses look good. Any suggestions? TYIA

Old 05-15-2021, 04:05 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.4
State: California
THOR #6582
You don't tell us your model. The under dash and engine compartment fuses are Ford's but the power sockets are Thor's and they use another fuse block somewhere in the vicinity. On my Axis/Vegas that's in the compartment under the driver.
But a Search of the forum could get you more specifics.
Hellwig sway bars F&R, 235/85 Hankook ATM, alignment...HUGE!!!
Battery watering, 260watts Solar and BigFeets to make life easier.
gnach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 04:13 PM   #3

THOR #23331
Sorry it’s a 2019 Freedom Elite 30 fe. We do have the one in Glove Compartment. That works. Afraid of it pinching the power cable.
Old 05-15-2021, 04:25 PM   #4

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Just follow the wire under the dashboard until you locate the problem. If you never do find it you can just rewire it to some nearby switched or I switched source pretty easily. Also, you should try to figure out which specific fuse is involved and test it with a continuity tester. I recently about went mad trying to track down a problem. On about my third pass through troubleshooting I decided to test the involved fuse which looked (and still looks) good but was, in fact, not. I learned a lesson!
Old 05-15-2021, 05:22 PM   #5

THOR #23331
Thanks a lot. Feel much better that we at least one working. Will relay to my husband your response. Safe travels.
Old 05-17-2021, 01:23 AM   #6

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Well I don't know your coach but my Ford V10 has a 20 amp fuse #22 that feeds the cigar lighter outlets on the dash of my ACE. That fuse is located in the engine bay Power Distribution Panel just beside the air filter box on the firewall. The PDB has a simple but hard to see release clip on the lower right side in order to open it (follow the arrow on the front of the PDB to the clip). Of course this may not apply to your coach.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cigar Lighter Fuse.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	30565  
Old 05-17-2021, 01:30 AM   #7

THOR #23331
Thanks for your help.
Old 05-17-2021, 01:27 PM   #8

THOR #2631
Since you have a class C E450 V10 I think (missed your coach post in my earlier comment about my ACE), check the fuse panel in the engine bay in position 72. Should be a 20 amp fuse for cigar lighter. Attaching a fuse record for Ford fusing and with any luck that will be your issue. Good luck.

https://fusecheck.com/ford/ford-e350...9-fuse-diagram
Old 05-17-2021, 03:58 PM   #9

THOR #23331
Ty. Diagram is very helpful.
Old 05-20-2021, 11:56 PM   #10

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
I too am trying to figure out why the dash cigarette lighter outlets on my 2021 Axis 24.1 don't work. That coach is based on the new E350 chassis and may not match the details for the fuse panels noted in post #8 above which is for 2016-19 E350s.

But assuming that they are the same for the new chassis, can anyone tell me where to look to find the engine compartment fuse panel. Post #6 says it is next to the air cleaner box on the firewall. I found the air cleaner box but not the fuse panel. Any further investigation is going to require removing the front engine access panel so I can get my head in further.

I have had no luck with Thor. One person tells me it is powered from the coach's converter fuses, another says it is powered from the fuse block in the compartment underneath the driver's seat. Neither seem to be true. It would make some sense that they are powered by the 20A fuse #72 in the engine compartment which is noted to be for "Cigarette lighter power point".

Maybe I should have said "could be powered by this fuse" as I am beginning to suspect Thor never hooks up power to the dash cigarette lighter outlets. Do the dash lighter outlets work for any E350/E450/F53 chassis owner?

David
Old 05-21-2021, 12:57 AM   #11

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
Ours works, 2016 E350. I suspect that's not a common problem or there would have been a lot more discussion here. Suggest you get the schematics from Thor for your VIN. If the fuses check OK, trace the wires. You should be able to get it working.
Old 05-21-2021, 04:28 AM   #12
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidEM View Post
I too am trying to figure out why the dash cigarette lighter outlets on my 2021 Axis 24.1 don't work. That coach is based on the new E350 chassis and may not match the details for the fuse panels noted in post #8 above which is for 2016-19 E350s.

But assuming that they are the same for the new chassis, can anyone tell me where to look to find the engine compartment fuse panel. Post #6 says it is next to the air cleaner box on the firewall. I found the air cleaner box but not the fuse panel. Any further investigation is going to require removing the front engine access panel so I can get my head in further.

I have had no luck with Thor. One person tells me it is powered from the coach's converter fuses, another says it is powered from the fuse block in the compartment underneath the driver's seat. Neither seem to be true. It would make some sense that they are powered by the 20A fuse #72 in the engine compartment which is noted to be for "Cigarette lighter power point".

Maybe I should have said "could be powered by this fuse" as I am beginning to suspect Thor never hooks up power to the dash cigarette lighter outlets. Do the dash lighter outlets work for any E350/E450/F53 chassis owner?

David
Mine in the Challenger worked fine for 5 years. Since it’s a 2021 I suggest you take it to the dealer for warranty repairs.
Old 05-21-2021, 01:29 PM   #13

THOR #2631
Quote:

David

I am not familiar with the Axis Ford PDB location, but on my ACE V10 it is located above and behind the snorkel on the air box. Attaching the only picture I have for reference. Note the air box snorkel at the bottom of the picture. Hope it helps a bit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Only One Clip Releases the Lid.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	30693  
Old 05-26-2021, 07:03 PM   #14

Model: Ace 27.2
State: Ontario
THOR #11699
Loose Wires

Check behind the dash as it could be as simple as loose connections. My Thor ACE 27.1 dash power points stopped working. They were not installed properly and the positive wires on the back of the power points fell off. Easy fix.
Old 05-26-2021, 08:36 PM   #15

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Arizona
THOR #11915
Cigarette Lighter Fuse Location

We have a 2019 Thor Vegas 24.1 on a Ford E450 chassis. Our cigarette lighter outlet on the dash quit mid trip. The Ford book said it was #72 on the fuse block under the hood on the driver’s side. It is way back underneath, so no way to
Photo and very hard to reach. There was no fuse in the #72 slot. So we had a mobile tech come out and he tested the fuses and said they were good, but we weren’t sure which one actually powered the outlet. Finally contacted Thor Service dept., after waiting on hold for 30 min.+, twice, to reach someone who could help. It is fuse slot #70 not #72 and that fuse tested good on the meter, but once it was replaced the outlet works! So the Ford manual is wrong. Made a note in our Ford manual that the outlet is #70.
Old 05-26-2021, 08:53 PM   #16

THOR #11915
The Thor wiring schematic does not include the Ford base and equipment. The cigarette lighter outlet on the dash is a Ford item. Our Ford manual said the fuse is #72 in the fuse block under the hood on the driver’s side. We had no fuse in #72. But after phone calls and paying a mobile tech to test all the fuses and not finding any that were bad, we finally found out it was #70 and even though it tested good, once it was replaced the outlet works.
Old 05-26-2021, 09:06 PM   #17

Model: Challenger
State: New York
THOR #9265
[QUOTE=DavidEM;293918]I too am trying to figure out why the dash cigarette lighter outlets on my 2021 Axis 24.1 don't work. That coach is based on the new E350 chassis and may not match the details for the fuse panels noted in post #8 above which is for 2016-19 E350s.

I'm assuming since your rig is fairly new, it came equipped with a Ford owners manual. Look in there for fuse panels and diagrams. You are looking for a 20 amp Maxi fuse for the "cigar lighter." Owners manual is your first go-to.
Old 05-27-2021, 12:58 AM   #18

THOR #11915
The owner’s manual on our 2019 Ford E450 says the cigarette lighter outlet on the dash is fuse #72. There was no fuse in #72. It is actually fuse #70 and it is a larger 30 amp. fuse. So the manual diagram is wrong.
Old 05-27-2021, 01:31 AM   #19

State: North Carolina
THOR #15476
Mine too

Quote:

David
We picked up our 2022 24.1 last week. I had 2 lists of problems and by the time they fixed the water pump and shower I realized I forgot to mention both cigar lighters not working. We have campground reservations so just left...and have the workaround of the one in bedroom. Plan to run a 300w inverter for crockpot.
In the process realized that my fuse box under refrigerator is not mapped out. They told me to call Thor Concierge... and if I get any answer will post here.
Old 05-30-2021, 11:40 PM   #20

Model: ACE 29.4
State: Ohio
THOR #4541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
We have the Ford V10 2019. Both cigarette lighters in cab will not work. Has to be a fuse somewhere. Have checked under hood all fuses look good. Any suggestions? TYIA
Had the same issue with my ACE. Crawled under the dash, leads on both outlets were disconnected. Plugged them back in and everything worked fine.