Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-18-2020, 01:29 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Freedom Elite 24 HE
State: Minnesota
THOR #17274
City water connection problem

I bought a Thor FE, 24 HE 2020 last October. It was serviced by the dealer. It sat all winter. Last week went to get it ready for the season. I hooked up the city water line. Initially I checked the kitchen sink, bathroom sink and shower and cleared all the lines of antifreeze with excellent flow. Turned off faucets but stayed connected to water. Went in house to get my wife to show her how good the flow was. Went back to RV and turned on faucets and only got a dribble out of all of them. I checked all the faucet screens for debris and could not find anything. I did fill up freshwater tank and used water pump with no problems. I
took pressure regulator off and rehooked it with no change. Don't know what else to do. Was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Old 05-18-2020, 11:47 AM   #2

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
remove the city water hose at the RV and check the screen at the fill port. Remove the screen, push in the check valve with a screw driver to see it it moves. Not to be a smart ass but verify your city water supply is still working at the hose bib. Look for a kink in the hose. It's called Trouble Shooting 101. Start at the beginning and work you way back to the problem.
Old 05-18-2020, 01:58 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
Model: S.O.B.
THOR #14543
Once you get the problem resolved, remove and clean the aerators on all the faucets. Chances are good the water lines have sawdust and bits of plastic in them. Run the faucets for a minute to clear the lines before putting the aerators back on.
Popfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 04:02 PM   #4

THOR #17274
city water connection problem

new wrinkle. Out of town for 3 days. Came back and hooked rv to city water this am with slide in. Water flow was perfect at all 3 faucets. Opened the slide while running water in kitchen. The city water connection is in the large slide. When slide was about 90% open water flow changed to a trickle and stayed that way at all faucets. When I put the slide back in the water works fine. Seems like something is kinking when slide is opening. How to get access and visualize what is actually happening, suggestions?
Old 05-18-2020, 04:40 PM   #5
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Try looking from up under the slide. There might be a spot under there that'll give you access.
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 06:50 PM   #6

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
THOR #15553
It's gonna require you to get dirty. Hands and knees under the rig. Water line is being kinked by the slide. If you have the plastic covering under the rig you might have to remove some to see where it is at. You can cut a square access hole leaving the front side uncut for a hinge. Gorilla tape when your done. Look near the fixed wall on either side of the slide. PEX pipe changes to flexible hose to get into the slide.
Old 05-18-2020, 08:24 PM   #7

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
It is a kinked water line since you mentioned that when the slide is out the water pressure drops. You need to check the water line under the slide to correct it. Some coaches have an access under the sink area that you can access.
Old 05-18-2020, 08:41 PM   #8
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
I suspect if you look under your rear seat on the dinette you'll be able to get to and see the water hose of concern. Thor like to make them too long and then they kink when the slide is moved. It may be enclosed in a black bag.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 10:20 PM   #9

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
Ditto on the big bag. In my Hurricane it is under the kitchen sink. It has velcro to 'secure' all the stuff that moves with the slide. That is probably were the kink is going to be found.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 11:17 PM   #10

THOR #17274
Thanks for suggestions. There is 4 metal plates under slide, removed closest one to city water intake but it is just screwed over wood so am assuming it has to do with the slide sliding. This is my first slide. Anyway there was no access to any water lines. I will check tomorrow under rear seat in the bag to see if it is kinking there. Thanks everyone, it is under warranty. Just wondering if it was something I can fix or will I have to take it in which is a hassle this time of year.
This unit has never been used but it seems they don't return your phone calls very fast once you drive off the lot.
Old 05-19-2020, 12:03 AM   #11
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanders View Post
Thanks for suggestions. There is 4 metal plates under slide, removed closest one to city water intake but it is just screwed over wood so am assuming it has to do with the slide sliding. This is my first slide. Anyway there was no access to any water lines. I will check tomorrow under rear seat in the bag to see if it is kinking there. Thanks everyone, it is under warranty. Just wondering if it was something I can fix or will I have to take it in which is a hassle this time of year.
This unit has never been used but it seems they don't return your phone calls very fast once you drive off the lot.
Yeah, those plates are just ther for the slide rollers to push against. You may be able to see the bottom of the bag from the bottom of the slide, but you really need to get to where the hose is, likely under that rear dinette seat.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 12:26 AM   #12

THOR #17274
Thanks everyone for the help. Found the bag under rear seat of dinette. could actually visualize where it was kinking. I unhooked water line and rerouted it over the electrical cords which were kinking the water line and now everything works ok. Thanks again
Old 05-21-2020, 12:59 AM   #13
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Congratulations!
Old 05-21-2020, 02:36 AM   #14

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
Good job and you save the time and fuel needed for a trip to the warranty provider.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 05:00 AM   #15

Model: SOB
State: South Dakota
THOR #3916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
Good job and you save the time and fuel needed for a trip to the warranty provider.
And saved a Wagon Load of Frustrations...The Time now is....BEER THIRTY!!
Thor Infinity
saddlesore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 11:18 PM   #16

Model: Palazzo 33.2
State: Georgia
THOR #8078
Good feeling to find the problem and solve it. Well done.

Tags
city water connection