Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-29-2020, 09:23 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #17416
Coax cable schematic

Where can I find a coax cable schematic for my Thor 30.1 ?

Old 06-29-2020, 09:42 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Thor, but what do you want to know?

Generally you have an external input (Cable) and an Antenna line to the roof antenna. These, as well as all cables going to your TVs terminate at a combination power injector/input selector/distribution hub. The "Power" switch injects power to the TV antenna amplifier and selects the OTA antenna as the input when ON. When OFF it selects the cable input. The same input is sent as the output to all TVs.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 12:07 AM   #3

State: Georgia
THOR #17416
Thor

Ok I know where this junction is and what and how it works . Got it . Thats what I could not figure out where the main junction was but I have been working around it all along. Thanks
Old 08-21-2020, 11:37 PM   #4

Model: Quantum KW29
State: Alabama
THOR #19175
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Thor, but what do you want to know?

Generally you have an external input (Cable) and an Antenna line to the roof antenna. These, as well as all cables going to your TVs terminate at a combination power injector/input selector/distribution hub. The "Power" switch injects power to the TV antenna amplifier and selects the OTA antenna as the input when ON. When OFF it selects the cable input. The same input is sent as the output to all TVs.

Trying to figure out my satellite but I’m accustomed to having two separate connections, one for cable and one for satellite. That is not the case on my 2019 Quantum 29KW. I was hoping you had some knowledge on how to accomplish this. From reading your comment it looks like when the antenna amp is off the switch selects cable input. So should I be able to run my satellite input through the cable input?
Old 08-22-2020, 12:47 AM   #5
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanN. View Post
Trying to figure out my satellite but I’m accustomed to having two separate connections, one for cable and one for satellite. That is not the case on my 2019 Quantum 29KW. I was hoping you had some knowledge on how to accomplish this. From reading your comment it looks like when the antenna amp is off the switch selects cable input. So should I be able to run my satellite input through the cable input?
Not unless you disconnected the cable input from the DC power injector/splitter. Your satellite receiver will not communicate with your LNB/Switches throgh that junction.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 02:05 AM   #6

Model: 2020 Magnitude BH35
State: Texas
THOR #16693
Something a sweet lady sent me today from Thor...

https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owners/

Get registered and logged in, go to owners resource tab, and all the manuals and schematics for your rig are available. Plumbing/Electrical/HVAC/Cable, it's all there and could prove very useful.
cbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 04:12 AM   #7

Model: Quantum KW29
State: Alabama
THOR #19175
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Not unless you disconnected the cable input from the DC power injector/splitter. Your satellite receiver will not communicate with your LNB/Switches throgh that junction.

Thank you!
Old 04-11-2023, 01:04 PM   #8

Model: '17 Hurricane 34F
State: Missouri
THOR #6040
I remember someone had a picture of the amplifier/splitter with notes describing how to modify it for compatibility with the dish satellite antenna. I did some mods a few years ago, and now want to change it back to original. I seem to have a coax in the wall that I dont remember why its there or what it does. Wondering if I fished it thru???
Old 04-11-2023, 01:28 PM   #9

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Iowa
THOR #28145
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench33 View Post
Where can I find a coax cable schematic for my Thor 30.1 ?
Unfortunately, NOT from Thor! I am trying to track down over the air TV reception problems that affect all my TVs. Six months ago, I was able to receive all my local channels now I get nothing. I asked Thor if they had a schematic for the coax wiring so that I could track down all the connections to check that the connections were tight, and the answer was no. I have gone through and tightened all the connections I could find including the ones at the amplifier and still nothing.

Former 1996 28' Tiffin Allegro owner
Dan-sr@perra-us.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 01:54 PM   #10

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by wredman View Post
I remember someone had a picture of the amplifier/splitter with notes describing how to modify it for compatibility with the dish satellite antenna. I did some mods a few years ago, and now want to change it back to original. I seem to have a coax in the wall that I dont remember why its there or what it does. Wondering if I fished it thru???
You just need to replace the splitter. You can modify the coax if you wish but it is not necessary unless you want to use a DVD with a sat receiver. Pictured is a 4 cable sat splitter. Only the red terminal will pas DC to the LNB in the antenna.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SPLIT4MRV_0.JPG
Views:	16
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	41544  
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 01:57 PM   #11
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-sr@perra-us.net View Post
Unfortunately, NOT from Thor! I am trying to track down over the air TV reception problems that affect all my TVs. Six months ago, I was able to receive all my local channels now I get nothing. I asked Thor if they had a schematic for the coax wiring so that I could track down all the connections to check that the connections were tight, and the answer was no. I have gone through and tightened all the connections I could find including the ones at the amplifier and still nothing.
I got mine from Thor when we had the Challenger. You have to ask for the AV schematic.
Old 04-11-2023, 05:52 PM   #12

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Iowa
THOR #28145
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
I got mine from Thor when we had the Challenger. You have to ask for the AV schematic.
Did they send you this?

https://thor.mizecx.com/knowledgeDoc...dd59f0310732bf

NOT what I asked for. I asked for a schematic showing the designed COAX routing.

I can infer everything shown in this doc.

Former 1996 28' Tiffin Allegro owner
Dan-sr@perra-us.net is offline   Reply With Quote