Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-02-2013, 02:05 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: freedom elite 23H
State: North Carolina
THOR #266
coleman inflatable mattress

I have a 2013 Hurricane 29x that has the retractable bed over the drivers area. It came with a coleman inflatable mattress. used it for the first time two weekends ago with guests and found it deflated over night. Has anyone had this problem? If so how did you address this?..I called camping world and asked for a credit for the mattress and I would pay the difference for a better quality one. No answer yet. Thanks

Old 08-03-2013, 01:26 AM   #2
9uc

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Former Daybreak Owner
State: Nevada
THOR #360
Been there, done that on a Coleman when we first moved into our sticks and bricks here in Vegas. Spent over a month using one until our furniture arrived. Over a few days, ours would loose some air, so first, soapy bubble check your valve first. A little over pressure on it will help, if that doesn't work, take it outside, and water check it with a hose.
9uc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:03 AM   #3

Model: freedom elite 23H
State: North Carolina
THOR #266
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9uc View Post
Been there, done that on a Coleman when we first moved into our sticks and bricks here in Vegas. Spent over a month using one until our furniture arrived. Over a few days, ours would loose some air, so first, soapy bubble check your valve first. A little over pressure on it will help, if that doesn't work, take it outside, and water check it with a hose.
thanks for the response. I did the soap test last week, didn't see any bubbles, but didn't over inflate. will try again. I'm thinking to bite the bullet and buy a better quality one. Safe travels
Old 03-19-2014, 08:54 PM   #4

Model: Four Winds (31Z) on E-450
State: Maryland
THOR #701
I've had several. The first two had real slow leaks (not detectable with suds). They wouldn't go completely flat overnight, but enough to be annoying. The third one I purchased stays inflated better than the first two, but still not leak proof. I would recommend getting a cloth reinforced mattress air mattress for your bunk. The rubber mattresses are just too fragile IMHO.