Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 02-27-2017, 12:28 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #3789
dash lights

Any one ever see these two dash lights come on? Driving down the road with no pattern when they come on, they just appear. Could be 5 miles down the road or 100. They always both come on together. Only way to get them off is by shutting off engine and restarting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lights.jpg
Views:	907
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	4075  

Old 02-27-2017, 12:49 AM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Crossroads
Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
The Yellow one is a ABS warning light can not make out the Red one Would have that checked by Ford. If the Cruise control dose not work when that light is on it could be a Speed sensor.
The wonder Schnauzers
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 03:11 AM   #3

THOR #3789
Here is a better picture of the same lights. No idea if cruise works or not at this point, have to see the next time they come on.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	lights1.jpg
Views:	1059
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	4076  
Old 02-27-2017, 03:13 AM   #4
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Do you have access to an OBD-II scanner? You could check if any codes are set--that may provide more information.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 03:50 AM   #5

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #5374
The yellow light is an " electric park brake " warning light.
I don't know the first thing about an F53 chassis but I would believe it thinks you are driving down the road with the parking brake engaged.
Perhaps the switch that senses that the brake has been released is bad or out of adjustment ?
Old 02-27-2017, 12:40 PM   #6
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Check the brake fluid level and if that is okay take the coach to a Ford Service Center.

From Page 14 of the 2015 F53 Chassis Owners Manual:

The yellow light

Brake Reserve System (If Equipped)

Illuminates to indicate normal hydromax booster reserve
system activation when the engine is off and the service brake pedal is
applied. This light may also illuminate momentarily if the engine is running and the driver turns the steering wheel fully in one direction while braking.

If the light remains on while the engine is running, this indicates inadequate hydraulic booster pressure or reserve pump system failure. Stop the vehicle as soon as possible and seek service immediately by your authorized dealer.

The red light

Brake System

Illuminates when you engage the parking brake with the ignition on.

If it illuminates when you are driving, check that the parking brake is not engaged. If the parking brake is not engaged, this indicates low brake fluid level or a brake system malfunction. Have the system checked immediately by your authorized dealer.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 02:03 PM   #7

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #5374
This was the basis for my reply.
Middle row 4th light down looks like what he has glowing on his dash.
I could be wrong , according to my wife I usually am.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	What-do-Fords-dashboard-warning-lights-mean_o.jpeg
Views:	1845
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	4083  
Old 02-28-2017, 01:20 AM   #8

THOR #3789
Yea I have to do some checking up on this, be trying to find a pattern on when they come on. They always come on at the same time. Even did it the day we picked it up new. Once the key and motor was off, they didn't see a problem. So if able to duplicate, they cant fix....
Old 02-28-2017, 01:26 AM   #9

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
I have a problem with the parking brake warning light not going off. If I pull the brake release the light frequently stays on, I have to put my foot under the brake pedal and pull up, light goes off and stays off. I looked but didn't see any switch to adjust.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:38 PM   #10

Model: Quantum PD31
State: Florida
THOR #6430
I have a 2016 Quantum with auto-gen-start. I Have the control module set to low battery start at 12-volts, which should cause the generator to start when voltage drops below 12-volts and I'm not connected to shore power. When voltage on display goes below 12-volts the generator try's to start but acts like insufficient voltage to allow start. It acts like the generator is connected to house batteries.
The Magnum Energy auto-gen-start manual shows generator battery connection connected to a separate battery from house batteries (I'm assuming chassis battery).
Cant' figure this one out! Does anyone have any suggestions or had similar issues?
Old 06-05-2017, 12:11 AM   #11

State: Arizona
THOR #7580
Had this issue last year. It is a computer reset issue. Ford has a technical bulletin on this. Should be under warranty. May also see an acceleration issue with it.
Old 06-06-2017, 10:58 AM   #12

THOR #7788
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang94@hot.rr.com View Post
Any one ever see these two dash lights come on? Driving down the road with no pattern when they come on, they just appear. Could be 5 miles down the road or 100. They always both come on together. Only way to get them off is by shutting off engine and restarting.

Did you ever figure out how to make the electric park brake and brake system dash lights go off? I picked up a used 2016 Thor Outlaw 37RB last weekend and drove it from Maryland back to Chicago. These two lights came on multiple times together during the trip. I noticed that they would come on during times when I wasn't on cruise control and when I was in traffic speeding up and slowing down. The two lights were also accompanied by a non-responsive gas pedal at times, almost as if I had turned the ignition key off. I would pump the gas pedal a couple of times and then it would catch up and the RPMs would rev up. Did the Ford service center tell you anything useful?
Old 06-06-2017, 12:06 PM   #13

Model: 2014 Windsport 34f
THOR #6507
Speaking of Dash Lights...

I have trouble seeing my dash during daylight driving. Even if I turn on dash light I still can not see. Does anyone have a recommendation? Is this a problem that others have, or is it just me and my eyesight?
Toad: (Wally One) 2014 Fiat 500L Trekking (4 Down)
"Welcome to our front porch"
rickymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 12:52 PM   #14
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickymac View Post
I have trouble seeing my dash during daylight driving. Even if I turn on dash light I still can not see. Does anyone have a recommendation? Is this a problem that others have, or is it just me and my eyesight?
I believe that is common on the F53 chassis and the way Ford designed the dash instrument panel. I drive with my headlights on so I can see the gauges but then it becomes hard to read the message center.

As a note, I have the same issue with our 2011 Ford Expedition's dash.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 02:32 AM   #15

THOR #3789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Five_Ms View Post
Did you ever figure out how to make the electric park brake and brake system dash lights go off? I picked up a used 2016 Thor Outlaw 37RB last weekend and drove it from Maryland back to Chicago. These two lights came on multiple times together during the trip. I noticed that they would come on during times when I wasn't on cruise control and when I was in traffic speeding up and slowing down. The two lights were also accompanied by a non-responsive gas pedal at times, almost as if I had turned the ignition key off. I would pump the gas pedal a couple of times and then it would catch up and the RPMs would rev up. Did the Ford service center tell you anything useful?
Nope still haven't found out anything at all. I have checked a few things that other have mentioned but nothing. Just something I guess I have to learn to live with. I have never noticed anything out of the ordinary when they come on, no loss of power. I just keep going down the road until I came safely stop and restart the motor.
Old 03-25-2018, 01:21 PM   #16

State: Oregon
THOR #11073
Mine does the same when I am turning and braking at same time. Doesn’t always but does it often. Had it checked and of course it doesn’t happen when they were looking. Found nothing. Stop and turn off engine. Lights go away. I know it is some warning, but doesn’t appear that anything is not working properly. Glitch.?
Old 03-25-2018, 02:31 PM   #17

THOR #11073
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang94@hot.rr.com View Post

I have this same issue, no reason as of yet. Must stop, and restart Motorhome.. usually happens while turning and applying break. Is it a glitch?
Old 03-25-2018, 10:23 PM   #18

Model: Challenger 37KT
State: Texas
THOR #1183
Also had that problem once in the mountains going down. Lots of brake and steering going on. As I recall power steering provides additional pressure for baking system. So if turning and braking under certain conditions the error lights will come on. There is a Ford programming fix for the ECU
Old 03-26-2018, 03:47 PM   #19

THOR #11073
Ford program fix

How do you find out more about the ford programming fix ecu
Old 04-13-2018, 09:43 PM   #20

State: California
THOR #10552
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickymac View Post
No, it's not just you. The display is ridiculous. Way too dark to see while driving on a normal to bright day. And the information (green led display) can't be read if the headlights are turned on to activate the dash lights.

Has anyone contacted Ford? Is there a fix?