Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2015, 10:31 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 29.3
State: Massachusetts
THOR #2125
Display on ACE 2015

Can anyone help with my display. I have had my coach for a few months and on my last trip the display in the front of the coach was not working. I had to drive all the way home with no camera and did not know what happened. Upon returning home I saw it had come on and thought nothing more about it. Now this morning I am out getting gassed up for this weekend trip and again the display is not on. Is there something that I can do myself or do I have to go to a dealer to have it fixed.

Old 07-02-2015, 10:48 AM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fgianni View Post
Can anyone help with my display. I have had my coach for a few months and on my last trip the display in the front of the coach was not working. I had to drive all the way home with no camera and did not know what happened. Upon returning home I saw it had come on and thought nothing more about it. Now this morning I am out getting gassed up for this weekend trip and again the display is not on. Is there something that I can do myself or do I have to go to a dealer to have it fixed.
What radio is installed in the unit? Is it the Axxerra or something different?

If the Axxerra, is it just the camera that is not displaying or did you lose power to the entire head unit to where nothing works (radio etc...)?
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 11:09 AM   #3

THOR #2125
Display Issue

It's and Axerra model and the issue is that the entire display does not come on when activated. I just came back from gassing up the unit . Tired to find a manual for the unit but there is none.
After not finding a manual I tried to power the unit again . Low and behold it is on.
Not sure what the issue is?
P.S. shouldn't there be a manual for this device . I have every conceivable booklet except for this unit ?
Old 07-02-2015, 11:35 AM   #4

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2287
I have Ace 2016 and that happened to me also. My side cameras would not come on when I put my signal on. When I got back home I played with radio mode and the camera came back. I called Thor and asked for a better manual for the coach. Of course they said that the manual I had was the only one for the coach. I guess they (Thor) don't want the owner to become familiar with their coach.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:42 AM   #5
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
If its the AV614BH you can download the manuals for it from here:
AV614BH - DVD Receiver with Built-In Bluetooth & HDMI Input
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 11:51 AM   #6
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fgianni View Post
It's and Axerra model and the issue is that the entire display does not come on when activated. I just came back from gassing up the unit . Tired to find a manual for the unit but there is none.
After not finding a manual I tried to power the unit again . Low and behold it is on.
Not sure what the issue is?
P.S. shouldn't there be a manual for this device . I have every conceivable booklet except for this unit ?
Here is the manual for the Axxerra AV614BH

AV614BH Manual.pdf

I had the same issue with mine during my shakedown cruise (1800 miles over 2 weeks) and it was a real PITA.

When I got home I took off the top of my dash and found what I consider to be a poor installation job. The mounting sleeve was held in at two forward mounting points with nothing supporting the rear of the sleeve. The rear support pin on the head unit was not positioned in the pin support bracket on mounting sleeve so the rear of the head unit would bounce around while driving. The wiring harness for the radio was not secured to anything and wires were just flopping around.

I took a piece of plywood and secured the rear of the mounting sleeve and closed the gap between the bottom rear of mounting sleeve and the dashboard eliminating the bouncing of the mounting sleeve. I removed and reinstalled the head unit so that the rear support pin was correcting positioned in the support bracket on the mounting sleeve and using zip ties I secured the wiring harness.

Before doing all of this I was able to cause the unit to lose power by bouncing the rear of it with very little pressure of my index finger and
afterwards I was able to hit the unit in a moderate fashion with the heel of a closed fist and it did not lose power.

I have not yet taken it on the road and tried out the fix, I hope to do that sometime in the near future.
FMCA - F432054
Old 07-02-2015, 12:08 PM   #7

THOR #2125
Thanks for the info. I will check under the dashboard for similar installation issue.Perhaps this will resolve the problem.
FRANKO
Old 07-02-2015, 12:27 PM   #8

THOR #2125
Got it Thanks
Old 07-02-2015, 03:57 PM   #9

Model: Challenger 35HT
State: Maryland
THOR #1875
Mine is actually doing the same thing now. Intermittent power loss. I took the bezel off the front of the unit but it looks like that is not where the mounting screws are located. Dave, you mentioned that you had to remove the top of the dash. Was it just the center console section where the radio is mounted, or the entire top? I looked briefly to see where it's secured but didn't see where the dash is fastened.
2015 Thor Challenger 35HT
jrben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 04:45 PM   #10
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrben View Post
Mine is actually doing the same thing now. Intermittent power loss. I took the bezel off the front of the unit but it looks like that is not where the mounting screws are located. Dave, you mentioned that you had to remove the top of the dash. Was it just the center console section where the radio is mounted, or the entire top? I looked briefly to see where it's secured but didn't see where the dash is fastened.
Randy,

The top part of the dash, the section with the two humps, runs from about the center to the drivers side and is secured by about 4 Phillips head screws that are on the back edge (towards the windshield). If you remove those screws that part of the dash will lift off and give you access to the radio and the radio mounting sleeve.

If this doesn't help let me know and I'll go out and take a pic or two of the dash.
FMCA - F432054
Old 07-02-2015, 05:14 PM   #11

Model: Challenger 35HT
State: Maryland
THOR #1875
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
Randy,

The top part of the dash, the section with the two humps, runs from about the center to the drivers side and is secured by about 4 Phillips head screws that are on the back edge (towards the windshield). If you remove those screws that part of the dash will lift off and give you access to the radio and the radio mounting sleeve.

If this doesn't help let me know and I'll go out and take a pic or two of the dash.
Thanks Dave. I'll take a look at it tomorrow when I'm off from work.
2015 Thor Challenger 35HT
jrben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 12:14 AM   #12
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrben View Post
Thanks Dave. I'll take a look at it tomorrow when I'm off from work.
Here is a pic of the dash section to remove looking from the passengers floor.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dash.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	594

This is the plastic section of the dash and in my coach it is a darker color than the remainder of the dash. I did verify there are 4 screws holding it in place, 2 in the center area and two in the driver's area.
FMCA - F432054
Old 07-03-2015, 10:40 AM   #13

THOR #2125
Notice the Axxerra powers up when on land power but not when the unit is disconnected from land source. Any suggestions
Old 07-03-2015, 10:55 AM   #14

Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
different coach, and mine is a pioneer....
but mine has acted similarly a few times.
I have yet to figure out why.
But I have determined that when it does fail to come on, it will come back if I cycle the power to the coach.... as in turn off the chassis engine and press the "store" master battery switch.
Then power it back up and it works????
Old 07-10-2015, 04:59 PM   #15

THOR #2125
Solved the problem with the Axxerra display not coming on during travel. by checking to insure that the black Toggle switch for the Battery "in use /or off switch" ,that looks like all the other Toggle switches was in the off position.
This switch is labeled distinctly from all other switches upon entering the unit.
Frank
Old 07-25-2015, 12:43 PM   #16

Model: ACE 30.1
State: Florida
THOR #2162
Yes, the radio is powered by the 'House' batteries, not the chassis/engine battery.
ipagan54 is offline   Reply With Quote