Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-13-2018, 02:26 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau
State: California
THOR #10653
Help slider stopped sliding midway. Won’t move

This is our virgin trip. I’m so demoralized. We north of Lost Coast in Trinidad, Ca. Our 5 day. Hooped, pressed slider..it went about 2/3 out and stopped. We tried better leveling but it wasn’t off by much. Check all sides & fuses. Then made about 5 phonecalls. [we have to walk a few hundred feet to get reception]. The assistance numbers closed east coast time. Looked up manual but wasn’t useful. Any thoughts?? Please. Now we wait til AM to call any tech/insurance etc people. Seems like a simple issue. Thanks Jan

Old 02-13-2018, 03:04 AM   #2

Model: Four winds
State: Florida
THOR #7638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet and Kevin View Post
This is our virgin trip. I’m so demoralized. We north of Lost Coast in Trinidad, Ca. Our 5 day. Hooped, pressed slider..it went about 2/3 out and stopped. We tried better leveling but it wasn’t off by much. Check all sides & fuses. Then made about 5 phonecalls. [we have to walk a few hundred feet to get reception]. The assistance numbers closed east coast time. Looked up manual but wasn’t useful. Any thoughts?? Please. Now we wait til AM to call any tech/insurance etc people. Seems like a simple issue. Thanks Jan

I don’t know what type of RV you have. My unit is a class c in the outside under the slide there is a storage compartments on the side wall there should be a panel with four screws behind that panel there is a small white board it may have some lights green or red and yellow on the board it has some writing and tells you how to reset the board by pushing a small rest tab you may need a tip of a pen. Sure wish this can help you, I know the feeling good luck
Old 02-13-2018, 12:51 PM   #3

THOR #7638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubides View Post
I don’t know what type of RV you have. My unit is a class c in the outside under the slide there is a storage compartments on the side wall there should be a panel with four screws behind that panel there is a small white board it may have some lights green or red and yellow on the board it has some writing and tells you how to reset the board by pushing a small rest tab you may need a tip of a pen. Sure wish this can help you, I know the feeling good luck

Thank you for your comments. Also the slides don’t work if the RV engine is on, it’s a safety feature.
Old 02-15-2018, 03:22 PM   #4

Model: 2016 Siesta Sprinter 24ST
THOR #2812
Lippert has several videos on troubleshooting the Schwintech slide system. This may help you get the slide retracted.

This video has more detail..
1972 Moto Guzzi Eldorado
Hooligan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 05:27 PM   #5

THOR #7638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan2 View Post
Lippert has several videos on troubleshooting the Schwintech slide system. This may help you get the slide retracted.

This video has more detail..

That’s a real good video, it should be part of the training when purchasing a new RV. Having the information and sharing it on this forum will help and avoid the Panic in time of need
Thank you Hooligan2
Old 02-15-2018, 05:35 PM   #6
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
They need to redo that second video in something better than 240p.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 11:42 PM   #7

Model: Chateau 31A
State: Iowa
THOR #3906
I had the same issue several years ago on a trip. In your manual there it tells you the code as what you need to do depending on what lights are flashing on the box. It will tell you how to override the system using the pencil or pen. When I got home took it in for repair and it was one of my wheels or motor on the slide was destroyed which shorted the motor or something like that. Good thing I bought he extended warranty as it was over a $1000 to repair because they had to rebuild the whole motor. But that was my issue. Sounds close to what I had.
2014 Passport Grand Touring
2014 Thor Chateau 31A
Sivymp1 is offline   Reply With Quote