Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2015, 03:47 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34F
State: Florida
THOR #1942
2015 Windsport 34F outside kitchen sink full of water

My Windsport sat outside syntheses lee for almost a month while having work done. I drove it back to my storage unit and it sat for a few days.

I opened the outside kitchen and the sink was full of water. Can't seem to get it to drain. How do I drain it.... And what might have caused this.... Rain coming in?

Old 06-04-2015, 05:20 AM   #2

THOR #1942
Sorry can't seem to edit this. First sentence should read: sat outside at the dealer for almost a month
Old 06-04-2015, 10:02 AM   #3
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivekitties View Post
My Windsport sat outside syntheses lee for almost a month while having work done. I drove it back to my storage unit and it sat for a few days.

I opened the outside kitchen and the sink was full of water. Can't seem to get it to drain. How do I drain it.... And what might have caused this.... Rain coming in?
If your outside kitchen is like mine on the Challenger,

First the outside sink is lower than the other components connected to the same gray tank. Some water will work through the lines and backup to a certain point in the sink. When this happened to me during my de-winterization there was about 3 inches of water at the bottom of the sink. My outdoor sink is on the same line as the shower and washing machine (not installed) inside the unit.

To drain this, on the front of the cabinets for the outdoor kitchen there should be a rocker style push and hold switch for the outside kitchen's macerator pump. Hold that switch down and the macerator will pump the water into the gray tank. The macerator for this sink is needed because the plumbing from the sink to the tank has an uphill run.

As a note, when you hit this switch you'll know you found it because the pump is LOUD.

If you have a problem locating the switch let me know and I'll go out later and take a picture of mine. I looked at various models, Challenger, Hurricane and Miramar and they all seem to have the macerator switch in the same general location.

Also, I recommend contacting Thor and get them to send you the waste water diagram for your year and model. This way you can determine what other fixture(s) are plumbed into that line.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:18 AM   #4

Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
On my Ace the switch was under a cabinet. I was never told there was a pump for the sink..isnt surprising since I bought from Camping World of Indianapolis. :-/
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 12:44 PM   #5

State: New Jersey
THOR #1115
Under the cabinet there is a black button press and the pump will turn on.
We have a Windsport 34J
Old 06-05-2015, 11:45 PM   #6

THOR #1942
Thanks. I'll go check this!