Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 12-06-2018, 09:14 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 36.2
State: Illinois
THOR #12796
Quote:
Originally Posted by revjeffrey View Post
I was Very sceptical about streaming. You know it's a great product when my Wife says she likes it better.[emoji28][emoji28] They really did an Awesome job. What a $$$ saver.
what about high speed data throttle point? Don't you go through that quickly?

Old 12-06-2018, 11:40 PM   #22

Model: ACE 30.1
State: Florida
THOR #13460
I have T-Mobile and get unlimited hot spot use, it's mostly 3g,but still works fine for streaming in the coach. Coverage has been fine so far. If you are really serious about maintaining a secure wifi network in your coach, check out the new Go AC router from WiFi Ranger. It let's you combine wifi & cellular hot spot and gives you the best signal from either or both. A little geeky, but very easy to set up.
Old 12-07-2018, 12:20 PM   #23

State: Alaska
THOR #13281
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxTig View Post
We’ve got Fire Sticks on all three TVs in our coach. It works great when we have a decent cell signal, but is frustrating when the cell signal is inadequate for streaming. I’ve been thinking about installing a WeBoost RV Cell Phone Booster ($500), but was hoping to find a less expensive solution. I may just have to bite the bullet and get the WeBoost. If I do get it, I think I will install the external antenna on a telescoping pole that I can extend once we’re at our campsite.

T Mobil will give its customers a free booster after 30 days with them. I haven’t got mine yet.
Old 12-07-2018, 01:46 PM   #24

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneg51 View Post
I have T-Mobile and get unlimited hot spot use, it's mostly 3g,but still works fine for streaming in the coach. Coverage has been fine so far. If you are really serious about maintaining a secure wifi network in your coach, check out the new Go AC router from WiFi Ranger. It let's you combine wifi & cellular hot spot and gives you the best signal from either or both. A little geeky, but very easy to set up.
I also have this Wifi Ranger, Works well with WeBoost 4G RV to give me good coverage to work on the road. We can pickup wifi spots 2 miles away. You can look at your phone for wifi and see 3 or 4 options but then look at the wifi ranger and see 15+.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 03:56 PM   #25

Model: ACE 30.1
THOR #13460
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxTig View Post
We’ve got Fire Sticks on all three TVs in our coach. It works great when we have a decent cell signal, but is frustrating when the cell signal is inadequate for streaming. I’ve been thinking about installing a WeBoost RV Cell Phone Booster ($500), but was hoping to find a less expensive solution. I may just have to bite the bullet and get the WeBoost. If I do get it, I think I will install the external antenna on a telescoping pole that I can extend once we’re at our campsite.
TcTig- We boost came out recently with a kit complete with telescoping antenna pole, directional antenna, cables and inside amp & antenna. Sorry I don't have the model #, but it's new in 2018.
Old 12-08-2018, 08:02 PM   #26

Model: Challenger LX
State: Arkansas
THOR #6651
Quote:
TcTig- We boost came out recently with a kit complete with telescoping antenna pole, directional antenna, cables and inside amp & antenna. Sorry I don't have the model #, but it's new in 2018.

I looked for this on the WeBoost website but couldn’t find it. Where did you see it?
Old 12-09-2018, 04:54 AM   #27

Model: Compass 24 TF, Mercedes
State: Washington
THOR #11249
there are some youtubes on it, it's designed for stationary use.

steve
Old 12-09-2018, 06:04 AM   #28

THOR #12796
I went into the actual Wilson Electronics website to find it:
The weBoost Connect RV 65 cellular signal booster is a simple, effective solution to significantly improve the strength of cellular signal within any RV. This signal booster system provides benefit for all users on all cellular enabled devices on all carriers while in your parked RV.
Included in the kit is a telescoping pole (can go up to 25' tall) which allows the outside directional cellular antenna to maximize the signal from the nearest cell tower.

link: https://www.weboost.com/products/connect-rv-65

I have used several iterations of their equipment starting with a Trucker's cellular antenna plugged into my flip phone without an amplifier thru an earlier version of the Weboost amplifier at my metal sided house. Verizon's 4g signal is at just the wrong frequency to get through metal siding and my cell tower is over 5 miles from my house. I get about 45Db gain. It still works very well, but if I were going to buy one for the road (parked) I would consider this setup. You would need a different road antenna for mobile use. It would be omni-directional. The one issue with the directional antenna on the mast is you need to aim it at the correct tower for your service. You need to run the antenna lead to the outside antenna too. If you succeed you get 65 Db gain of which probably 25 Db is the directional antenna on the mast. But you still need a signal to begin with.
Old 12-09-2018, 06:41 AM   #29

THOR #12796
Quote:
Only issue, if it is an issue at all is that the indoor antenna has very little range. You have to keep your phone quite close to it for optimum signal. Works OK though with that.

You can switch to any antenna on their list that fits your needs. I have one at my house that has 1 inside antenna for a small ranch house with full basement and mine works in the house, basement and yard. Better antenna equals better signal. Wilson Electronics has several indoor antennas for sale. I have about 5 back at the house as they improved.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:04 PM   #30

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #8604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandy66 View Post
Curious if anyone is using this as their method of watching TV on the road? We are planning some extended travel starting next month and plan to use this along with a WiFi hot spot through our LTE cell phones (we have 5 of them with unlimited data) for our campground TV viewing. Also does anyone have experience with the Jailbreaked fire sticks? seems way to good to be true.. Hopefully I posted this in the right location.

Steve
I solved the WiFi issue last summer after an exhausting amount of frustration using Park WiFi. I bought a Netgear Unite Explore 815S 4G LTE Mobile Wifi Rugged Hotspot - (AT&T) on Amazon for $129 and an unlimited ATT data plan on eBay for $29.99 a month that does not slow speeds after passing a certain level of data. The WiFi issue is history. I have a Roku stick but any will work with my Mobile Hotspot. I also have a wireless printer, laptop and temp stick connected. I think it will take up to 15 devices. I absolutely recommend the hotspot. For the satisfaction I get the $29.99 a month is well worth it.
Old 12-16-2018, 12:04 AM   #31

Model: Palazzo
THOR #7569
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Breeze View Post
I can create a hot spot on my phone so it's redundant for me. Thank you for the clarification.
But, your cell phone will limit hotspot usage. Usually to 15 GB.
Old 12-16-2018, 12:14 AM   #32

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #8604
It’s not connected to my cell phone. It’s an independent data plan. No limitations.
Old 12-16-2018, 01:27 AM   #33

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Washington
THOR #10717
This is coming out soon:
Furrion launches new rooftop antenna and WiFi router | RV Daily Report

Looks interesting in that it boosts your cell phone and TV as well.
I will wait to see what materializes. I would rather use something dedicated for internet while on the go that has good service (better than using my phone as a hot spot)