Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2017, 07:24 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 31W
State: California
THOR #5361
Question Flush out system ?

I have a 2016 Fourwinds 31W. The built in flush out system has never worked since Purchased. Dealer said he could schedule me in end of May. When I connect the hose to the flush out it stays under pressure with the dump valves open. Traced out the plumbing which goes across and goes up through the floor seems to be behind the sink cabinet. It seems as if there could be a valve closed but could not confirm what's behind the cabinet. Before I pull out the cabinet, Does anyone know if they would put a valve in the flush out line.

Old 04-24-2017, 10:42 AM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
State: Missouri
THOR #5437
The black tank flush inlet has a back flow preventer valve in the line. It almost sounds like that valve was put in backwards. I am not sure where in your system that valve is located.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:43 AM   #3
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSimon View Post
I have a 2016 Fourwinds 31W. The built in flush out system has never worked since Purchased. Dealer said he could schedule me in end of May. When I connect the hose to the flush out it stays under pressure with the dump valves open. Traced out the plumbing which goes across and goes up through the floor seems to be behind the sink cabinet. It seems as if there could be a valve closed but could not confirm what's behind the cabinet. Before I pull out the cabinet, Does anyone know if they would put a valve in the flush out line.
Depending on the black tank flush system you could have a back flow preventer and a vacuum breaker/check valve. My prior class C had both with the check valve being located in the line located in the bathroom sink cabinet. Turned out the issue I had on that coach was not the check valve but rather the jets on the nozzle were so small they would plug up and the pressure would cause the check valve to close. The solution was to remove the nozzle from the tank and drill out the jet 1/32 larger than stock. Never had a problem after that.

Here is a link to the check valve on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/JR-Products-5.../dp/B0095TD5S6
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 04:28 PM   #4

THOR #5361
Ahhh!! that makes a lot of sense. I will pull the sink and check it out because there is nothing inline underneath before it goes thru the floor. I emailed Thor but from previous experience it may be answered next month.
Thanks Guys
Who needs Thor!
Old 04-25-2017, 12:43 PM   #5

Model: Challenger 37KT
State: Texas
THOR #1183
Our Challenger backflow preventer is under bathroom sink. Pex piping there. If pex crimp tool not available you can probably fix problem behind wet bay panel by moving hand tight fittings - no tools needed. Might be worth looking. Our panel had a couple screws thru flange top front and two bracing extensions going to rear wall of compartment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PLUMBING.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	4739  
Old 04-27-2017, 10:18 PM   #6

THOR #5361
Finally found my problem thanks to the knowledge and replies on this forum. The problem is the back flow preventor, that is connected backwards. "Thor's QC" got ta love um.
Found but not fixed because in my unit they put the back flow unit in the wall between bathroom and bedroom about 3 ft up with no access point. So now exploring a point were the inlet and outlet water lines come close together and can be swapped. The way I found out it was backwards was to blow air throw the disconnected pex line before the tank spray nozzle it work great in reverse.
Thanks again guys.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:21 PM   #7

THOR #5361
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
Our Challenger backflow preventer is under bathroom sink. Pex piping there. If pex crimp tool not available you can probably fix problem behind wet bay panel by moving hand tight fittings - no tools needed. Might be worth looking. Our panel had a couple screws thru flange top front and two bracing extensions going to rear wall of compartment.
Wow That's a lot of stuff in there.