Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 01-02-2019, 04:24 PM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
You know what they say: "Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder."

The E-Series through 2019 isn’t as nice looking or modern as the newer Sprinter, RAM ProMaster or Ford’s own Transit, but it offers two design features that keep it at top of sales — greater payload and power, and a flat floor throughout cab area.

The worst part for me is the doghouse sticks into cab far more than other vans which don’t have removable doghouse engine access from inside van; but now that Ford is about to drop the V10, they could easily move doghouse forward about 4 inches and make it a little narrower if they went with smaller 5.0L V8 as an engine option. The new 7.3L V8 may be a little shorter than V10, but probably as wide or wider, so that won’t help much in this regard. My personal choice for an E-350 would be the F-150’s V8 with more leg room around engine. Appearance is secondary to me — no van is that great anyway.

Old 01-02-2019, 04:40 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
I an a strong traditionalist and actually like the look of the older models. These new "bug-eyed" vans are horrible looking. For all the reason you mentioned above it will make a great RV of any configuration. We plan to use the SF for a couple years, then downsize...this would fit the bill for me perfectly...as long as it has enough power to pull the fire out of Hell. The fact that everything "up front" is built by Ford and not Thor (or any RV manufacturer) makes it even more attractive. That picture you included of the bus looks bad-a**!! It would make a great looking MH!
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 04:55 PM   #23

State: Michigan
THOR #13849
We had a e-450 and now we have the ford f-550 super c. My wife loves the extra leg room in the f-550 compared to the old one, especially on long trips................
Old 01-02-2019, 11:33 PM   #24

Model: Thor four winds SF 35
State: Texas
THOR #13025
Thor has been using the Ford 550 chassis in their super c for several years. I have one and the power stroke diesel is a hoss. Love it!