Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2016, 04:52 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 31S
State: Tennessee
THOR #5918
Ford F53 Fuse Panel

I've lost power to the 2 cigarette lighter/power plugs on my 2016 Windsport 31S. I'm certain the 20 amp fuse is blown, though I haven't required near that much power from the; dash camera, TMPS, and GPS. I don't believe any of those draw over 5 amps.
Anyway, I've checked all the fuses under the dash, down by the brake pedal on the firewall, (what a trick), and though that panel is put on by Thor, all are fine. I went to the front and found the Ford "power distribution panel" at which the cig lighter fuse is numbered "22" according to the Owner's Manual. However, I could not get the door open. It's partially behind the air intake, but reachable by getting my small upper body into the area. BUT I can't get the door unlatched to come open!!! Has anyone had any experience with that?
BruceW
2106 Windsport 31S
USAF (Ret.)

Old 12-16-2016, 09:37 PM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
On the bottom right side of the panel box is a tab. Pull it away from the box and it will open up.

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 05:43 AM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.2
State: Wisconsin
THOR #4049
perrotcamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
On the bottom right side of the panel box is a tab. Pull it away from the box and it will open up.

Jerry
I am experiencing the same problem with my ACE 29.2. The dash 12v power is out and while I have located the power dist box behind and above the air cleaner, I cannot get the cover of the box to release. I have pulled the tab and a "handle type" fitting to the right of the box moves out a ways from its closed position, but the box cover does not budge. I spent 20 minutes on the phone with a Thor customer rep, who also consulted with his "electrical guy", and they were unable to tell me how to get the box cover to open. Do I haul on the "handle" or just pull up on the tab while pulling on the cover?...I have tried both with no results. Thanx for any help you can provide.