Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2017, 03:40 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
Jamie

I have experience with bullet 2. After buying the Challenger I went to register ir on Ford Owner and the warranty info (specifically start and end dates) was off by a number of months. When talking to Ford we determined that the dealer had not properly registered the vehicle with Ford and submitted the necessary paperwork for the "Delayed Start Warranty" It took 2 phone calls to the dealer and a week overall to get the issue resolved.

For those that bought a coach off the lot go out to Ford Owner and make sure your warranty start date and mileage is correct. You may find the warranty started 6 to 9 months before you bought the coach. My start date was when Thor received the chassis from Ford.

I called Ford about a month after I purchased our coach to updated ownership and warranty information. To receive any recall notifications it's important Ford has the correct registration, mine was still registered to Thor. The Ford number to call is: 1-866-906-9811 or 1-800-392-3673 this is for the Motorhome division.

Old 07-14-2017, 03:47 PM   #22

Model: Thor Axis
State: Mississippi
THOR #6203
Ford had all my information so that was not the issue! Notices were mailed at the end of May. Maybe I haven't received mine yet but I would think that unlikely!
It's interesting that those who received a letter were able to take their units in and got the repair done but for those who didn't we have to wait for the check engine light to come on before we can get the service done! Go figure!
Old 07-14-2017, 03:53 PM   #23
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
For those that bought a coach off the lot go out to Ford Owner and make sure your warranty start date and mileage is correct. You may find the warranty started 6 to 9 months before you bought the coach. My start date was when Thor received the chassis from Ford.
Just checked mine and it was way off... 2014 Hurricane - built on 2013 chassis showing warranty start in May 2013... Is now expired in any case - and didn't need to use it - but guessing I would have had an issue if something had needed coverage.

New addition for next post delivery checklist.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 04:03 PM   #24
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by sforl View Post
Ford had all my information so that was not the issue! Notices were mailed at the end of May. Maybe I haven't received mine yet but I would think that unlikely!
It's interesting that those who received a letter were able to take their units in and got the repair done but for those who didn't we have to wait for the check engine light to come on before we can get the service done! Go figure!
If you read the notice it instructs dealers to correct the issue on affected vehicles even if the owner has not received the letter. There is no mention of the check engine light having to come on first.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 04:06 PM   #25
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
Just checked mine and it was way off... 2014 Hurricane - built on 2013 chassis showing warranty start in May 2013... Is now expired in any case - and didn't need to use it - but guessing I would have had an issue if something had needed coverage.

New addition for next post delivery checklist.
Yup, yours sounds like mine the start date was the day the chassis was delivered to Thor. My 2015 had a start date in 2014.

The delayed start is something the dealer has to submit and we cannot do; at least that is what Ford and my dealer informed me.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 04:33 PM   #26

THOR #6203
dsatnkov
I called the "recall" number given to me by Ford customer service and the information given to me was not the same as what the letter reads. Why this is, I have no idea.
I see this as a safety issue and they are treating it as a customer "satisfaction" issue.
Also, they will only cover the cost of the repair while it's under warranty. So check you warranty dates and hope that if a problem occurs it's still under warranty.
I live in a very small town. The closest service center to me is more than an hour away. I would gladly take it there but I don't think Ford will cover the service charge without that letter!
Old 07-14-2017, 04:42 PM   #27

THOR #5196
If you have any doubt about whether your vehicle is involved in any recalls you can call the Ford number and they'll look it up for you to be sure. I've called Ford twice now with questions, got thru in just a could of minutes and they were super nice!
Old 07-14-2017, 05:11 PM   #28
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
If you read the notice it instructs dealers to correct the issue on affected vehicles even if the owner has not received the letter. There is no mention of the check engine light having to come on first.
I would think if the "check engine" light comes on due to this problem, it has advanced to a stage where a "loose bolt" is the least of your worries.
Old 07-14-2017, 05:12 PM   #29

THOR #6203
SuperD
I did just that! I called them and gave them my VIN number. It's not that they weren't nice or that they did not attempt to be helpful, it's that the information given to me is questionable !
It is certainly not the same as what is included in the notices others have received.
It's very confusing and I fail to understand why they instruct some people to take their MH in to get it fixed and others to take a wait and see approach to the problem!
Does anyone know how to find out where your chassis was built? The notice is specific for Ohio and Kentucky. Maybe mine was built elsewhere and is not considered to be included!
Old 07-14-2017, 05:17 PM   #30

THOR #5196
sforl, I have NO idea, doesn't make sense to me!
Old 07-14-2017, 05:34 PM   #31
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by sforl View Post
SuperD
I did just that! I called them and gave them my VIN number. It's not that they weren't nice or that they did not attempt to be helpful, it's that the information given to me is questionable !
It is certainly not the same as what is included in the notices others have received.
It's very confusing and I fail to understand why they instruct some people to take their MH in to get it fixed and others to take a wait and see approach to the problem!
Does anyone know how to find out where your chassis was built? The notice is specific for Ohio and Kentucky. Maybe mine was built elsewhere and is not considered to be included!
Actually: I believe the E-Series stripped chassis used by Axis/Vegas units is built on a special line by a company called Detroit Chassis. The plant is located in Avon, Ohio (Ford Will Continue E-Series Cutaway/Stripped Chassis - PickupTrucks.com News).

It is possible that Ford isn't sure which vehicles have the problem or not (given that the problem is a bolt not tightened to spec). They may have a range of time when the possibility of the problem exists (e.g. from this date to that date some of the vehicles weren't tightened properly). Thus they are asking people to only show up if the problem shows up in their vehicle. Granted a responsible dealer could offer to check for the issue if a concerned customer showed up.

Did you try and call your dealer? When I've called Ford they have told me that they can't "override the dealer's decision". Perhaps your dealer will be nice and take a look?
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 05:53 PM   #32

THOR #6203
JamieGeek
No I haven't contacted my dealer but will do so. Thanks for the suggestion.
Honestly I have no idea what a crankshaft pulley bolt is, but if there is a potential to cause damage it seems Ford should not risk it causing damage to the vehicle. Of course if the warranty runs out, then the risk and potential repairs will be on my dime.
I will post again after speaking to my dealer.
Old 07-16-2017, 11:00 PM   #33

State: Alabama
THOR #7147
I have a 2017 Ford class C and it was recalled.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:19 AM   #34

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Virginia
THOR #7607
On the front lower part of the engine where the crankshaft is exposed there is a large pulley and harmonic balancer bolted the the crankshaft with a single large bolt. This is the main mamajamma on the front side of the engine that drives all the belts for AC alternator, fan and so forth.