Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-18-2017, 01:49 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Front Windshield Shade Quit

This happened to our friends in their 2016 Challenger, but if the fix hasn't been posted here it should be.

Their front windshield roller shade would not raise the other morning. They contacted Thor and were told what fuse to check. Fuse was okay. Thor told them to take it where they wanted and they would reimburse them.

She began checking for information online and found out these electric shades have to be "re-programed" sometimes. Up in the left corner there is a tiny box with a small red reset button. You have to hold the button in while holding the dash control switch. You run it up doing this, then reverse and run it down. Release red button and all is good!

If this is common knowledge please excuse my long post. Being knew to MH RV's we didn't have a clue, and apparently Thor didn't either.

Old 05-18-2017, 03:18 PM   #2
Kev

Model: Windsport
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-FL View Post
This happened to our friends in their 2016 Challenger, but if the fix hasn't been posted here it should be.

Their front windshield roller shade would not raise the other morning. They contacted Thor and were told what fuse to check. Fuse was okay. Thor told them to take it where they wanted and they would reimburse them.

She began checking for information online and found out these electric shades have to be "re-programed" sometimes. Up in the left corner there is a tiny box with a small red reset button. You have to hold the button in while holding the dash control switch. You run it up doing this, then reverse and run it down. Release red button and all is good!

If this is common knowledge please excuse my long post. Being knew to MH RV's we didn't have a clue, and apparently Thor didn't either.
Great info, didn't know this. Thanks Joe.

Kev
Old 06-05-2017, 12:05 AM   #3

State: Arizona
THOR #7580
I had the same problem last week while traveling. Called Thor CS, and they helped me to get it retracted using red button. However, they didn't go into the resetting part. Thanks, will try this on our next stop.
Old 06-22-2017, 05:26 AM   #4

State: California
THOR #7060
Great to know, thank you
Old 06-23-2017, 12:05 PM   #5

THOR #7580
I had the dealer check out the shade issue. Dash switch turned out to be the problem. They are replacing it.
Old 06-23-2017, 12:41 PM   #6

Model: 37GT
THOR #5246
Thanks for the feedback Sanford. I'll mention this to my buddy because I'm guessing he will end up having to replace his switch also.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 12:34 AM   #7

State: Oregon
THOR #7738
I had the same problem with my 2018 Thor Hurricane. Only mine went down half way and stopped. Would go up but not down the rest of way. Pushed the button and it went up. Than pushed it to go down and it is now working fine.
Old 07-01-2017, 12:04 AM   #8

Model: 2017 Thor Vegas 25.2
State: Indiana
THOR #7993
The shade won't go lower than a certain point when the vehicle is in gear for obvious reasons.
Old 07-09-2017, 12:39 PM   #9

THOR #7580
Installed new switch yesterday. Problem solved.
Old 09-12-2017, 01:57 AM   #10

State: New Jersey
THOR #8931
Thanks for the info. This happened to me last week in my 2018 Thor 37 RB.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:11 AM   #11

Model: Hurrican 29M
State: Colorado
THOR #9124
I had the same problem on Thor Hurricane 29M. Called customer support and they gave me this link for setting the shade using the button hanging from the left end of the shade (probably the same as the red button in the original post).

MCD Windshield Shade Upper and Lower Limit Adjustment

This showed me how to set upper and lower limit on the shade for when ignition was off and when it was on so it wouldn't go down to far when being used for a sun visor while travelling.
Old 05-19-2019, 01:04 AM   #12

THOR #13844
I have a new switch and tried the button no luck. The cab lights under the bed do not work either. These were not working when I bought the RV. Anyone know if they share a fuse and where it may be? (Vegas 25.2 2016)
Old 05-23-2021, 06:50 PM   #13
MrT

Model: WindSport 29m
THOR #21514
I have problems with the windshield shade also it works when it feels like. Tried to reprogram the shade but it just makes a beep and will not move. I know about having the ignition switch on or off and holding the hanging switch. Is this a problem with the motor?
Old 10-12-2023, 02:18 PM   #14

State: Texas
THOR #27149
Thumbs up 2013 Thor 37GT Front window shades

Thank you for your post about the window shades , ours had two buttons, one for the night shade and one for sun shade. same principle , held the button in and ran the shade up and down and let go of the button and it works great.
Your tip saved us alot of time and money i am sure
Thank you !