Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2017, 11:29 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Siesta
State: California
THOR #3975
Generator usage meter - blinking icon?

Hello. We have a 2015 Thor Siesta - bought it new about a year ago, and have not had to use the generator much. Today, when the generator was running, I noticed a small blinking icon in the usage meter on the RV control panel, to the left of the hour counter. Sort of looks like an hour glass - but it's pretty small so it could be anything.

I can't find anything about the gauge in the RV owners manual. I don't have the generator manual handy at the moment - but I'm not sure that gauge is described there...

Just wondered if anyone knows what the icon is supposed to be telling me. Maybe just "generator is on and the counter is incrementing"? Or something more important? Sorry I did not think to take a picture of it...

Thanks
Dan

Old 06-03-2017, 01:13 AM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Is the generator producing 120V? Is the hour meter counting?

I think I've seen something similar to that in our Axis--I think its just like the seconds hand on the clock..just showing you the "ticks".
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 05:40 AM   #3

THOR #3975
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Is the generator producing 120V? Is the hour meter counting?

I think I've seen something similar to that in our Axis--I think its just like the seconds hand on the clock..just showing you the "ticks".
Thanks for replying, and my apologies for not following up. Unfortunately, my answer to both your questions is "l don't know." I did not run it long enough to increment the counter - or, at least, not more than a tenth of an hour. And I did not check to see is I had 120v. Pretty poor info gathering on my part!

I'll do side more investigating tomorrow.
Old 06-04-2017, 10:11 AM   #4
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by lspotho
Thanks for replying, and my apologies for not following up. Unfortunately, my answer to both your questions is "l don't know." I did not run it long enough to increment the counter - or, at least, not more than a tenth of an hour. And I did not check to see is I had 120v. Pretty poor info gathering on my part!

I'll do side more investigating tomorrow.
No issues.

On our Axis the microwave always beeps when 120V turns on--I always listen for it after starting the generator (can't hear it from outside when I plug in). In addition a quick look at the microwave will tell you if you have 120V or not as the display will be lighted when power is on.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 04:09 AM   #5

THOR #3975
Turns out all is ok - generator works fine - microwave beeps as it should. I did call Thor just out of curiosity - asked about the flashing hour-glass icon - he said "it just tells you the generator is running and time is flying by."

Funny about the microwave - I remember the very first time I parked at a site with hookups, when I connected the electric and walked into the RV, the microwave came on with a beep. A nice, satisfying sound.

Thanks
Dan