Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2019, 01:05 AM   #81

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
I plug in a small trickle solar panel on the coach chassis battery when it is parked in order to keep a trickle charge going into the chassis battery. The house batteries are on solar to keep them charged. I also had an emergency switch installed just in case I need it to start the engine.

Old 07-09-2019, 01:31 AM   #82

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasruv24.1 View Post
LOL,... ive own rv's for the past 50 years of my 66 years,.. and know what it does....up to 2019, all have worked as you say....but for sake of not arguing, is it possible that the 2019 is different???
I am quite sure things are different especially in coaches made in different plants. I been through four of the six Thor Industries plants that manufacture motor coaches. One thing I can say for sure is NO two plants uses the same procedures, materials or engineers.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 01:32 AM   #83
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasruv24.1 View Post
here's another way I know the switch goes on automatic...if the switch is off, and you plug into shore power.... it goes on automatic.... if you unplug from shore power,... it stays on, and you have to manual shut it off again...

I can say this from owning past rv's…. if the switch is off...and you head down the road... nothing 12v on the coach side will work..does the same with this coach....

if you were here, i'd show you....with the switch off, plug into shore power and the coach battery's charge...and the switch goes to on automatic...

It is a good change to automatically connect the batteries when plugged into shore power... one of the most common mistakes made is leaving the switch off.. Everything works except the batteries don’t charge... which makes it hard to detect.
Nice to see.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 11:57 AM   #84

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
It is a good change. People on this forum have been advocating that since at least 2014.