Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2022, 01:51 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Arizona
THOR #27217
Ice Maker Valve in 2022 Thor Omni BT36

Hello -

Can anyone tell me exactly where the valve to turn on the water to the ice maker is located in a 2022 Thor Omni BT36? The schematics show it in the vicinity of the refrigerator, but I can't seem to find it. Thor support said it's "under the fridge" and can possibly be accessed from the propane compartment. I certainly don't see it. I'm tired of playing hide and seek!

Any help is much appreciated!

Old 06-26-2022, 06:18 PM   #2

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
I have a '20 Magnitude SV34 and even though the schematics show a shut-off valve for the ice maker water line (as recommended by Whirlpool), there was none plumbed from the factory. Similar to how Xantrex recommends installing a sub-panel with a breaker for the AC output of the Inverter but Thor does not wire one as they should.

When I had it back to the Thor Factory Service Center in Wakarusa, I made them install one. The one they installed is on the slide floor under the cooktop next to the wall where the refrigerator is located.

You should be able to see the plastic water line coming through the back of the wall where the refrigerator is located when you remove the access panel under the cabinets below the cooktop. If it is plumbed directly into the PEX, you do not have a shut-off valve as was my case.

FYI..... I installed hinges for my access panel so I didn't have to keep removing and installing screws every time I want to access that area.
Old 06-27-2022, 12:28 AM   #3

THOR #27217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I have a '20 Magnitude SV34 and even though the schematics show a shut-off valve for the ice maker water line (as recommended by Whirlpool), there was none plumbed from the factory. Similar to how Xantrex recommends installing a sub-panel with a breaker for the AC output of the Inverter but Thor does not wire one as they should.

When I had it back to the Thor Factory Service Center in Wakarusa, I made them install one. The one they installed is on the slide floor under the cooktop next to the wall where the refrigerator is located.

You should be able to see the plastic water line coming through the back of the wall where the refrigerator is located when you remove the access panel under the cabinets below the cooktop. If it is plumbed directly into the PEX, you do not have a shut-off valve as was my case.

FYI..... I installed hinges for my access panel so I didn't have to keep removing and installing screws every time I want to access that area.

Thanks for your feedback. We definitely have a valve, since we aren't getting water to the ice maker. Our kitchen configuration has the fridge across from the cooktop. I took the panel below the fridge off and I see the piping, just no valve. We may have to pull the entire fridge out at some point if we don't locate it. I appreciate you taking time to respond!
Old 06-27-2022, 02:12 AM   #4

THOR #12751
When you put the control arm down, can you hear the water valve relay kick in a minute or two later when it calls for water?
Old 06-27-2022, 02:20 AM   #5

THOR #27217
Quote:
When you put the control arm down, can you hear the water valve relay kick in a minute or two later when it calls for water?

The ice maker doesn't have a control arm, it has an on and off switch. Thor says that the on/off valve for the water to the ice maker is in the vicinity of the fridge, but they aren't specific. The ice maker operates normally, there's just no water going to it.

Thanks for taking time to respond!
Old 06-27-2022, 10:08 AM   #6

THOR #12751
It is possible that Thor put the valve behind the fridge... even though that makes no sense... Thor often does things that make no sense.

Looking at your layout, I would go into the bathroom and see if there is an access panel in the bathroom near the toilet adjacent to the fridge. There is going to be water lines running along the outer wall.
Old 06-27-2022, 12:20 PM   #7

Model: Tuscany 42GX
State: Missouri
THOR #9178
Tuscany has a small access door in outside wall behind the fridge

Not sure what models have that
Old 06-29-2022, 12:54 AM   #8

THOR #27217
Quote:
It is possible that Thor put the valve behind the fridge... even though that makes no sense... Thor often does things that make no sense.

Looking at your layout, I would go into the bathroom and see if there is an access panel in the bathroom near the toilet adjacent to the fridge. There is going to be water lines running along the outer wall.

Thanks! There's no access panel in the bathroom. I spoke to Thor customer service this morning and it's incredible that they actually don't know where the valve may. According to Thor service, it can be anywhere from 2 feet to 6 feet away from where it's shown on the plumbing schema. I guess I'll just keep hunting until I finally either find it or stop caring about having a functional ice maker.
Old 06-29-2022, 10:43 AM   #9

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingNinja View Post
Thanks! There's no access panel in the bathroom. I spoke to Thor customer service this morning and it's incredible that they actually don't know where the valve may. According to Thor service, it can be anywhere from 2 feet to 6 feet away from where it's shown on the plumbing schema. I guess I'll just keep hunting until I finally either find it or stop caring about having a functional ice maker.
Then you may have no choice but to pull the fridge to look behind it to see if they put it there.
Old 07-02-2022, 06:21 PM   #10

Model: Omni BB35
State: Arkansas
THOR #19169
We have a 2021 Omni BB35 and the shut off valve is located behind the drawer below the fridge so you must completely remove the drawer to gain access to the valve.
Old 07-02-2022, 08:53 PM   #11

THOR #15410
Icemaker

This may not help,but we have a. Chateau. The water line and wires to the inverter were under the fridge ,and under a drawer that we had to pull out and lay down with a flashlight to see. The line and wires were just hanging on the side where the drawer goes,not secured to anything. We had to fix the water line so it would not be in contact with the inverter wires.you may be able to see something that way. It's crazy that there is no quality control and no one cares. The last rv we had,we had to pull the fridge out to get to stuff. It was not secured to anything, just sitting.Good luck
Old 07-03-2022, 03:08 PM   #12

Model: Omni XG32
State: California
THOR #18499
My 2021 Omni XG32 refrigerator water valve is behind the pullout drawer under the cooktop.
Old 07-25-2023, 11:25 PM   #13

Model: Omni SV34
THOR #30132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tire View Post
My 2021 Omni XG32 refrigerator water valve is behind the pullout drawer under the cooktop.
On our 2022 Omni SV34 the valve is under the cooktop. Remove the louver panel and you will see it. Of course, the termination at the refrigerator was not connected, so I needed to pull the fridge and put everything together. Shoddy workmanship once again.

The furnace ducting to the bedroom (also found under the cooktop) was not connected either, may want to double check everything under there.