Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2019, 06:53 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
LCI Slide-Out Information

I know that it has been posted numerous times to make sure you hold the Extend / Retract button long enough so the motors are synced at the end of their extend or retract cycle. I learned something new today that I can't remember seeing posted so I thought I would share it just in case anyone finds it useful.

I'll start by saying that my slide-out has been working just fine. But while in my storage compartment today looking at my inverter for a future upgrade project, I noticed the LED flashing on my slide-out controller. It would flash a single red about 4 or 5 times followed by a single green flash.

I looked at the Fault Legend and it did not seem to make any sense to me based on the fact the slide-out has been working.

The single green LED meant Motor 1 and the 4 or 5 Red flashes meant either high voltage or high motor current.

My slide was retracted so I decided to extend it. It extended without any issues and I made sure to hold the button for a few seconds after the slide stopped. I then went outside and the lights were off on the controller.

I then retracted the slide and again made sure to hold the button for a few seconds after the slide stopped retracting. When I sent out and looked at the controller again, the lights were still out.

I am deducing that if the button is not pressed long enough on an extend or retract cycle to properly sync the motors, the controller will let you know it through the fault lights.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3394.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	18558  

Old 06-28-2019, 08:43 PM   #2

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
your point is well taken, though it seems that these 'alert' lights are somewhat like your 'engine' light on your car's dash - a little unnerving, and yet it's simple because you might have forget to tighten the gas cap 'three clicks' after your last fill up, and really has little to do with anything else in reality.

With these controllers mounted in such out-of-the-way and unobvious places, it's a wonder ANYONE every would see any 'lights', especially in 'light' that their slides are working just fine!
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 12:47 AM   #3

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Agreed...... the placement of so many important components is lousy at best.

- Side-out Controller in outside compartment
- Three 100A Bussman breakers under the rig mounted to the battery box
- A Hydraulic Leveler system exposed to the elements and road debris without any protection
- A rats nest of wiring poorly placed and stored under the chassis
- The inverter in an outside storage compartment

I used to complain about the issues I had with a new rig..... now at times I feel like I'm lucky its not worse.
Old 06-29-2019, 11:39 AM   #4

Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Michigan
THOR #9522
I'll one up you on the inverter placement. Mine is under the fridge behind a drawer!

The one I worry about us the slide controller which is in the back of the sewer hose compartment. At least that is what we use the compartment forward of the sewer port compartment to store.
1977 Tioga 24 foot RV
petefoss is offline   Reply With Quote