Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2016, 08:24 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35C
State: Florida
THOR #4067
Fresh water hurricane 35c

Can someone please explain this. When we left for our trip i put just enough fresh water in the tank to use the toilet and wash hands while we were between campgrounds. At the first rv park i hooked up the fresh water and was checking the levels and it showed the fresh water tank was full. I thought the gauge was wrong then i checked the tank(no easy task) and it was full. That should not happen. Is there another hidden valve in this coach. Getting real tired of everything being hidden. They should have put all the controls in one place. Help!

Old 05-27-2016, 12:59 AM   #2

State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
I don't know for sure, but it would seem to me that there must be a cross-connect valve under the bed that allows you to bypass the water pump for winterization (and therefore backfill the fresh tank.) The fresh water diagram from Thor isn't detailed enough to show that array of connections by the foot of the bed platform next to the tank. The bad news is that there are vents and electrical conduits running through there as well, so it appears like a tangled mess. It takes a bit of patience to trace it all out.
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 10:31 AM   #3

THOR #4067
I checked under there and you are right it is a mess. Looks like a call.to thor is in order. I just didn't want to turn off the wrong valve and have the pump burn out. It does seem rather strange that the tank fills but doesn't overflow
Old 07-07-2016, 12:22 PM   #4

THOR #4067
Even tbough the coach has been in the shop for.a month now for warranty issues I called thor about the fresh water issue. There is no valve accordi g to them. It appears that the pump is defective. It should only allow the water to flow out ant it seems to be the diaphram that prevents this is bad.
I reported this to my service advisor and we'll see what happens. The pump should be replaced.
I hope to get it back by xmas
Old 07-07-2016, 01:55 PM   #5

State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
Good luck on the shop repairs... I haven't taken mine in yet as we are using it for some planned trips. I should be able to schedule some time after next week to take mine in for warranty work, but my list is still short.
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 03:14 PM   #6

Model: Palazzo 35.1
State: New Jersey
THOR #2831
On our shakedown outing last year, our tank was filled after we hooked up to the CG water. Turned out that the water pump had a defective check valve, so allowed the city water to flow into tank. Fortunately it was only a very slow trickle of water, so overflow on tank only dripped out the excess. Warranty replacement on the pump.
BlueOx tow system
bandorr2000 is offline   Reply With Quote