Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2020, 07:41 PM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
Model: View
State: Nevada
THOR #7987
LevelMate Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucev View Post
Esqui,

I have the same issue with my Motorhome, usually level, then slide out and adjust level again. That changed two weeks ago when I bought a LevelMate Pro. The set up takes into account how much the rig tips when the slides are extended and then adjusts for it when you level the rig. So much easier than using a bubble or torpedo level.

I've only used it in the drive but it works and was easy to install and set up. I got it from Camping World, if you enter email you get 10% off.

https://www.campingworld.com/levelma...ch-104758.html
We now own a SOB, which also has no leveling system and the two stabilizers in back. We also purchased the LevelMate Pro. I would second the statement that it is the coolest of the cool!! We bought ours through Amazon. It was less than CW when we bought ours.

Old 05-09-2020, 07:42 PM   #22

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Newmar Ventana LE
State: Tennessee
THOR #16834
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa9zz View Post
As said earlier, we were at the Newmar factory having a slide repaired, always, always always put the slides out and then level. It seemed odd to me but that’s what they told me. I’m sure it’s specific to Newmar slides. They also said to raise the levelers before you bring the slides back in, again opposite to what physics tells me.

Phil
Newmar slides mechanisms are their own patented design and different than the Schwintech used by most other brands. I thought it odd, too, but the Newmar coach owners manual explains the reasons.
Old 05-09-2020, 08:52 PM   #23

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Hurricane 29M
State: Florida
THOR #9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by droark55 View Post
I have Thor ACE 30.4. At the campsite, I put the jacks down first and level the RV. After it is level, then I put out the slide. I do this all the time.
My wife read an article in RV Living Magazine, that some people put out the slide then put down the jacks to level.

My question is, am I doing it the correct way by leveling with the jacks first, then putting the slide out?

Please advise. Thank you!
You might think of it this way......pull in, jacks first.....pull out....jacks last.
Old 05-09-2020, 11:18 PM   #24

Model: ACE 30.4
State: Texas
THOR #11223
Leveling Jacks/Slide

Thank you very much for everyone’s input.
I appreciate it!
Old 05-10-2020, 07:46 PM   #25

Model: Palazzo 33.2
State: Georgia
THOR #8078
Our slide broke twice on our Palazzo. The second time we had it repaired at the Lippert factory in Goshen IN. The rep there confirmed best practice is on arrival to level first, then slides. At departure retract slides then retract Jack's. When our slide broke we adjusted the levelers to top down so we could manually push in the broken slide easier.
Old 05-10-2020, 08:26 PM   #26

State: Florida
THOR #15410
We always put it Jack's down and level first before slide out