Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2021, 09:48 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #13503
Dead radio

DEAD Axxera AV615BHM in 2018 Thor Ace. (Purchased new). It has been fine till May 2021. One day it was just dead. Tried the reset. Tested ok for d/c power to back of unit. Checked fuse on back of unit. It is completely unresponsive. I have contacted Axxera help- waiting on response. Huge wait to get in Camping World at Oakwood, Ga. I am an “old guy” but not dumb.

Old 06-09-2021, 10:21 PM   #2

Model: Freedom Elite 28H
State: California
THOR #3559
Axxerra woes

Get rid of the Axxerra. There are several threads on this forum regarding what junk they are and what to replace it with. Search for Axxerra and read all the comments. We had the same model and it was one thing after another. We bought a Kenwood DDX6706S using our credit card rewards points. Good luck!
Old 06-10-2021, 12:23 PM   #3

Model: 2016 Thor Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #13869
Mine up and died too. Did the reset and checked fuses, still dead.
Then whilst showing the DW, pushed the button and on it came...!
I can send her to you if you want, lol.
No, I don't know why, I guess because it's Axxera.
Old 06-10-2021, 01:19 PM   #4
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothys rover View Post
DEAD Axxera AV615BHM in 2018 Thor Ace. (Purchased new). It has been fine till May 2021. One day it was just dead. Tried the reset. Tested ok for d/c power to back of unit. Checked fuse on back of unit. It is completely unresponsive. I have contacted Axxera help- waiting on response. Huge wait to get in Camping World at Oakwood, Ga. I am an “old guy” but not dumb.
Why do you need to get into Camping World? Any stereo shop can replace that radio for you, probably at a cheaper price and with less aggravation.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 09:01 PM   #5

State: New Hampshire
THOR #23877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer3 View Post
Get rid of the Axxerra. There are several threads on this forum regarding what junk they are and what to replace it with. Search for Axxerra and read all the comments. We had the same model and it was one thing after another. We bought a Kenwood DDX6706S using our credit card rewards points. Good luck!
Do you remember what model Axxera you had and do you like the Kenwood?
Old 06-19-2021, 06:33 PM   #6

THOR #3559
Yes, it was the infamous AV615BHM. Worked ok at first but then there were numerous resets and then it went completely dead.
Old 08-14-2021, 06:39 PM   #7

Model: Four Winds Sprinter 24HL
State: Colorado
THOR #11248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothys rover View Post
i just took my four winds sprinter 24hl for sprinter service. radio worked fine when dropped off...go to pick up 24hl and radio is dead so i have no visual for back up camera. Mercedes said they have nothing to do with the radio. and nothing they did would have caused it to die....too long to get into rv repair place....not sure what to do.
Old 08-14-2021, 06:43 PM   #8

THOR #3559
Our Axxerra went dead the same way. Fine one minute completely dead the next. We replaced it with a Kenwood DDX6706s. You can jump through all the hoops by resetting etc but it's likely gone for good.
Old 08-14-2021, 06:52 PM   #9

Model: Four Winds Sprinter 24HL
State: Colorado
THOR #11248
Quote:
Originally Posted by janiewood View Post
i just took my four winds sprinter 24hl for sprinter service. radio worked fine when dropped off...go to pick up 24hl and radio is dead so i have no visual for back up camera. Mercedes said they have nothing to do with the radio. and nothing they did would have caused it to die....too long to get into rv repair place....not sure what to do.
so i found a google video where a guy resets the Axxera using a paperclip, so I took a paperclip, found the reset hole, pushed in the paperclip and now radio is working fine....WTF....still going to reseach a reaplacment tho.
Old 08-14-2021, 07:25 PM   #10

THOR #3559
Quote:
Originally Posted by janiewood View Post
so i found a google video where a guy resets the Axxera using a paperclip, so I took a paperclip, found the reset hole, pushed in the paperclip and now radio is working fine....WTF....still going to reseach a reaplacment tho.
Resetting worked for me 2 or 3 times. Then it went DEAD. Troubleshooting found nothing so we replaced it. Purchased Kenwood DDX6706s with credit card rewards points and paid $100 for Best Buy to install as rewards program purchased from Best Buy. The good news was installation was quick and tech said wires were clearly marked. The Axxerra had been installed correctly and neatly but IMO was a piece of junk.