Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-10-2018, 04:10 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37 LX
State: Florida
THOR #7853
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Hmm they quite frequently send out the diagrams. All I had to do was call and ask (didn't say I was making any modifications just asked for the drawings and was sent them in an E-Mail a few hours later).
That's true, Thor will supply schematics if you ask them in many cases.

OP implyed that Thor could include schematics and other helpful information with owners documents at time of purchase.

Since Thor barely has "time" to assemble RV's as they roll off the production line, using one partially tightened screw where 2 are likely needed, sloppy wiring, plumbing, etc., I really couldn't see Thor voluntarily devoting much time and effort to supplying anything more than absolutely necessary , unless asked. JMO

<'))))>(
RV Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 07:54 PM   #22

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Hmm they quite frequently send out the diagrams. All I had to do was call and ask (didn't say I was making any modifications just asked for the drawings and was sent them in an E-Mail a few hours later).

Me too. I’d call again and not go all postal about your “rights”. Just ask nicely. My experience with Thor is that they are interested, helpful and generous with their assistance.
Old 06-10-2018, 08:21 PM   #23

State: Oregon
THOR #2271
A CD or thumb drive would be a great idea. Too bad it wouldn't include Ed's manual.
Old 06-10-2018, 10:54 PM   #24

Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
This topic was thoroughly discussed with the Thor rep that came to our rally recently. Here is the suggestion I made:

Each coach should come with a flash drive with specifics for that unit. They already have the schematics, and could build on the dubious generic manuals they provide now. Answers to many of our forum questions might be included. Forum hero Ed Felker probably wouldn't mind if they incorporated some of what he produced.

A quick field trip to any John Deere dealer, and a look at any farm equipment manual would give them an idea of what we really need! Or they could open the manual for any automobile for inspiration. The equipment manuals are more like what I would like to see.

Providing a loaded coach specific flash drive would be cheaper than printing a manual. With a flash drive, midyear changes could be easily adjusted in the files. This would put Thor miles ahead of the competition, until it becomes an industry standard.
Yeah, I remember the old Chilton manuals for the cars/ motorcycles I used to use. Not like this information was classified. A DVD or thumb drive sure would help.