Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-07-2020, 08:42 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Long & Winding road's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
Posts: 2,645
THOR #12231
Mobile Eye Collision Avoidance

I have been looking at something like the "Mobile Eye Collision avoidance" for my 2017 Axis.

Those of you with the Mobie eye (or any brand name) ......how do you like them? Would you purchase again? Or are they just annoying?

Any thoughts? Sounds handy if you get distracted on the road. My new Summit has all the bells and whistles so it woud be nice to have something on the Axis.

And yes I know the only giving you "Warning lights and sounds" they DO NOT apply the brakes or correct my steering like the Summit does.

__________________
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 10:25 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Judge's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
Posts: 2,100
THOR #12751
Mobile Eye was standard on my Magnitude SV34. I find it useful.

It will alert you if you are drifting off the road or someone in front of you is too close. It can also alert you when you are getting far above the speed limit.

I wish it had blind spot detection abilities but I like it for what it is.
__________________
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 12:30 AM   #3
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Carolina
Posts: 5,752
THOR #1469
I had it installed and would do it again. The features I like best are lane departure and mobile eye's speed limit notification. Both my factory installed GPS and the Garmin RV GPS are often incorrect with speed limits. Since Mobile Eye takes a picture of the speed limit signs it knows what the speed limit is.
__________________
Dave
US Army (Ret)
2020 Entegra Accolade 37TS
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 07:35 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Long & Winding road's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
Posts: 2,645
THOR #12231
Where did you purchase it from?

Im thinking about it. Garmin has a simular produce for only $139 but I dont know how well it works.

I figured if all of the RV manufactures are installing "Mobile Eye" brand it must be pretty good.
__________________
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 08:44 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Judge's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
Posts: 2,100
THOR #12751
One advantage buying it on your own is you might have access to other options. I'm sure it costs more but they do have Blind Spot Detection and I do recall they had the feature of auto dimming high beams to oncoming traffic.

I would contact them and ask if they have a list of authorized dealers in your area that you could contact to get pricing, etc. or you could just contact your own dealer.

Personally, I would go with someone that Mobile Eye recommends because I have found Thor and their dealers really know very little about it.
__________________
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 08:45 PM   #6
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Carolina
Posts: 5,752
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
Where did you purchase it from?

Im thinking about it. Garmin has a simular produce for only $139 but I dont know how well it works.

I figured if all of the RV manufactures are installing "Mobile Eye" brand it must be pretty good.
I had my dealer do the install before delivery. Mobile Eyes web site should list installers. Special equipment is needed for the calibration of the system.
__________________
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 09:13 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Greybear's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude BH35
State: Utah
Posts: 24
THOR #19910
Mobile Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
One advantage buying it on your own is you might have access to other options. I'm sure it costs more but they do have Blind Spot Detection and I do recall they had the feature of auto dimming high beams to oncoming traffic.

I would contact them and ask if they have a list of authorized dealers in your area that you could contact to get pricing, etc. or you could just contact your own dealer.

Personally, I would go with someone that Mobile Eye recommends because I have found Thor and their dealers really know very little about it.
Amen! One of the few issues we have had with our 2020 BH35 is that the Mobile Eye was non-functional. We kept getting the ER_DA error at speeds over 20mph, and no functionality. We thought it was defective, and off to the dealer the rig went.

A month later and several back and forth between the dealer, Thor and Mobile Eye finally revealed that the unit was never initialized properly. It took the dealer another week or so to finally get it set up and working.

Now that it works it's really useful (mainly at telling me I need to practice driving my RV more!).
__________________
Brad Davis
--
Greybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 10:19 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Judge's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
Posts: 2,100
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybear View Post
Amen! One of the few issues we have had with our 2020 BH35 is that the Mobile Eye was non-functional. We kept getting the ER_DA error at speeds over 20mph, and no functionality. We thought it was defective, and off to the dealer the rig went.

A month later and several back and forth between the dealer, Thor and Mobile Eye finally revealed that the unit was never initialized properly. It took the dealer another week or so to finally get it set up and working.

Now that it works it's really useful (mainly at telling me I need to practice driving my RV more!).

Had I known, I could have sent you a procedure to try.

I had my coach in Wakarusa last October and I was getting a similar error among others. They thought it was an issue with the placement of the camera / sensor but that was only a minor part of the issue.

I contacted Mobile Eye back in the spring and they sent me a procedure to adjust the camera and it solved all my problems. It was been working great since.
__________________
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 10:27 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Siesta 24SS
State: California
Posts: 1,407
THOR #12698
I have the Mobile Eye. I think it is a great item to have. It was standard equipment on my 2018 Thor Siesta 24SS with the Summit Package. You can set the distance in front to alert you. It also will tell you if there is a pedestrian in front of you. The only issue I had with it is the camera mount coming unstuck from the windshield due to excessive heat in the cab when stored. The system has been used for many years on big rigs as well as motor homes. I would want it installed on a new motor home if I decide to upgrade to a class A in the future.


Paul
__________________
paulwadley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 03:15 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
Posts: 418
THOR #4243
Haven't had a chance to try ours out yet since getting it fixed before winterizing. Thor put the camera in the wrong place, it was on the drivers side of the windshield behind the rearview/turn signal monitor and should of been on the passenger side. You would be driving down the road and it would go off and there was not a car around for a mile or more LOL
__________________
kwplot34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2