Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 12-29-2019, 01:27 AM   #121

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
There’s a slight price difference, so maybe there is some difference although I haven’t noticed it. Doing a comparison between both didn’t show anything different, but that doesn’t compare all specs. Floorplan looks identical to me.
The floor plans are identical, but there are a few differences. The biggest are the two opening windows over the rear bed and, of course, the optional pop top, which would give you sleeping for a child or two. The toilet is a major change and gives you 20 gallons of grey tank. Minor differences outside - ability to fill water tank using bottles.

Old 12-29-2019, 01:40 AM   #122
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
That is the cost of being an early adopter.
Yup! That's why I suggested a two-year wait.
Old 12-29-2019, 02:15 AM   #123

State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
The floor plans are identical, but there are a few differences. The biggest are the two opening windows over the rear bed and, of course, the optional pop top, which would give you sleeping for a child or two. The toilet is a major change and gives you 20 gallons of grey tank. Minor differences outside - ability to fill water tank using bottles.

I expect that the optional pop top will be offered for both in time, and that design improvements like extra windows will be the same also. It may be similar to Axis versus Vegas — not much real difference.

The pop top does add a large bed for two, but I’m not crazy about anything that is canvas, can get wet, and then smells musty.
Old 12-29-2019, 02:31 AM   #124

THOR #2121
Quote:
That is the cost of being an early adopter.
Yeah, I agree. However, I don’t think it has to be black and white. I plan to take a good look at the “grey” middle ground that Coachmen offers with a generator-less design based on large AGM battery. It can’t run A/C for long period, but can do everything else I’d want. Their biggest problem is they don’t have a good floorplan in the size we prefer.
Old 12-29-2019, 12:02 PM   #125
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Good luck, and happy shopping.
Old 12-31-2019, 03:01 AM   #126

Brand: Airstream
Model: Inernational CCD 28'
State: California
THOR #17665
FYI, had a call back from class b van rep, Mitchell from Thor, I may repeat info already here. The new Tellaro due out soon, 2 models, pop top with new floor plan and twin bed model, almost identical to the 20l, slightly different window treatments no cloth valance and reposition of window in the sleep area. In addition new light color scheme.
Old 12-31-2019, 12:51 PM   #127

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell Root View Post
FYI, had a call back from class b van rep, Mitchell from Thor, I may repeat info already here. The new Tellaro due out soon, 2 models, pop top with new floor plan and twin bed model, almost identical to the 20l, slightly different window treatments no cloth valance and reposition of window in the sleep area. In addition new light color scheme.
A link to video of the two Tellaro headed for the Tampa show was posted earlier by Oneikeys.

It can be seen on the video that at least the newest van with Hymer floorplan has a generator, so it won’t have the lithium package. I’m not sure about the other van but expect a generator also and not lithium.

I’m interested in seeing where Thor installs the two fairly large batteries if they are 5.5 kWh each. Outside there is more of a temperature issue (they can’t get too cold) and inside they take up valuable space from storage. It’s an important detail to consider in my opinion.

https://www.facebook.com/ThorMotorCo...3949084764717/
Old 12-31-2019, 01:10 PM   #128

THOR #2121
The first van in video is the 20AT, which is the Hymer Aktiv clone. With pop roof it was called Aktiv 2.0 Loft. The 2.0 designation was for the longer extended van if I recall correctly.

There are now three very different floorplans between Sequence and Tellaro. At present only one floorplan is shared.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0F788084-2FCC-45A8-8AD0-E595368508E4.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	21998   Click image for larger version

Name:	26F7CBE4-CE92-4F08-B271-1E0FB98E1397.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	21999  

Name:	459B7315-9477-4A7D-BF7E-DFAACFAEC249.jpg
Views:	2925
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	22000  
Old 12-31-2019, 02:11 PM   #129
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
So when are you picking out your Hymer, and plunking down the deposit?
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 03:07 PM   #130

THOR #1765
Quote:
A link to video of the two Tellaro headed for the Tampa show was posted earlier by Oneikeys.

It can be seen on the video that at least the newest van with Hymer floorplan has a generator, so it won’t have the lithium package. I’m not sure about the other van but expect a generator also and not lithium.

I’m interested in seeing where Thor installs the two fairly large batteries if they are 5.5 kWh each. Outside there is more of a temperature issue (they can’t get too cold) and inside they take up valuable space from storage. It’s an important detail to consider in my opinion.

https://www.facebook.com/ThorMotorCo...3949084764717/
The lithium versions are not out yet, that I have seen, I expect the first ones will be in the two Sequence models.

I just pulled the plug on a new (used) 2020 Travato K (generator) with 1900 miles on it. It’s 1700 miles from the factory. A lady bought it, had it for two days and returned it. I guess she has done this three times to the same dealer over the past 10 years, so they were not surprised. Got it for 40% off MSRP. Final determiner for us were the windows. We dry camp a lot and could not see how the Sequence or Tellaro would work with no windows over the couches. In addition, the best price difference (price-trade) that I could get on the Sequence or Tellaro was almost $5000 more than the deal I got on the Travato for a coach with an MSRP over $30K more - with leather seats, fancy paint job and all the bells and whistles. It will be interesting to watch the actual pricing in the Tellaro, Sequence and Tellaro when there are enough of them out there. Still planning to go to the Tampa RV show. Just not to buy.
Old 12-31-2019, 03:09 PM   #131
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Congratulations!
When are we going to see some pictures of it?
Old 12-31-2019, 03:14 PM   #132

THOR #1765
Quote:
The first van in video is the 20AT, which is the Hymer Aktiv clone. With pop roof it was called Aktiv 2.0 Loft. The 2.0 designation was for the longer extended van if I recall correctly.

There are now three very different floorplans between Sequence and Tellaro. At present only one floorplan is shared.
They are making a Tellaro 20 LT with the same configuration as the Original Sequence 20L. It is the second coach on the Tellaro factory walkthrough and it is also supposed to be at the Tampa RV show. One is supposedly on its way to a dealer in California who says he will post pictures, but they haven’t come up yet. While the Tellaro brochure says that the 20LT has rear windows, it does not. The Tellaro 20 LT was a contender until I confirmed that.
Old 12-31-2019, 03:24 PM   #133

THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Congratulations!
When are we going to see some pictures of it?
This is a dealer picture. We don’t pick it up until Monday. Since you set the standard, guess I’ll continue on the Thor Forum even though I am moving to a Winnebago. I’ll be interested to see how people like their new Sequence and Tellaros.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	3AC228F7-3EE5-4A4F-8446-0F0BA1ED32C4.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	22002  
Old 12-31-2019, 03:29 PM   #134
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
I'm glad to hear that you're staying here with us.
The best of luck with it. I hope that it brings you countless "Miles & Smiles!"
Old 12-31-2019, 06:06 PM   #135

THOR #2121
Quote:
This is a dealer picture. We don’t pick it up until Monday. Since you set the standard, guess I’ll continue on the Thor Forum even though I am moving to a Winnebago. I’ll be interested to see how people like their new Sequence and Tellaros.

Congratulations.

Winnebago is presently the leader in Class B sales so they must be doing something right. They adopted the ProMaster chassis right after they came out years ago and started building the Travato.

Please let us know how it drives compared to your Axis. Obviously it’s going to be smaller so will take some getting use to the reduced space and storage, but should drive smoother, quieter, easier to maneuver, etc. And close to twice the fuel economy may be possible.

Look forward to your review, particularly on the ProMaster chassis versus the E-Series.
Old 12-31-2019, 06:20 PM   #136
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Congratulations.

Winnebago is presently the leader in Class B sales so they must be doing something right. They adopted the ProMaster chassis right after they came out years ago and started building the Travato.

Please let us know how it drives compared to your Axis. Obviously it’s going to be smaller so will take some getting use to the reduced space and storage, but should drive smoother, quieter, easier to maneuver, etc. And close to twice the fuel economy may be possible.

Look forward to your review, particularly on the ProMaster chassis versus the E-Series.
Um yeah comparing a decades old chassis (E-Series) vs a relatively modern one... The E-Series won't fare well.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 10:12 PM   #137

Brand: Airstream
Model: Inernational CCD 28'
State: California
THOR #17665
Tellaro lt

Quote:
They are making a Tellaro 20 LT with the same configuration as the Original Sequence 20L. It is the second coach on the Tellaro factory walkthrough and it is also supposed to be at the Tampa RV show. One is supposedly on its way to a dealer in California who says he will post pictures, but they haven’t come up yet. While the Tellaro brochure says that the 20LT has rear windows, it does not. The Tellaro 20 LT was a contender until I confirmed that.
My understanding from the rep at Thor was they are putting a rear window in the 20lt model due to the command for it,estmates around feb/march to show up.
Old 12-31-2019, 10:19 PM   #138

THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell Root View Post
My understanding from the rep at Thor was they are putting a rear window in the 20lt model due to the command for it,estmates around feb/march to show up.
They put two opening windows in the Tellaro AT model with the bed in the back, but looking at the walk through at the Thor factory, they did not put the windows over the twin beds in the LT model. The brochure says opening rear windows in both models, but the first LT off the assembly line did not have them and I have never gotten the rep to answer that question directly. Will see for sure, if they are actually at the Tampa RV show and will see if they do show up in Feb/March. I would think they will put them in the Sequence as well.
Old 12-31-2019, 10:21 PM   #139

THOR #2121
Quote:
Um yeah comparing a decades old chassis (E-Series) vs a relatively modern one... The E-Series won't fare well.

I look at it more about large versus small, and van-based versus truck-based.

The E-Series is old, but the basic Twin-I-Beam front suspension and solid rear drive axle with leaf springs is still current on new Ford Super Duty pickups. Mostly the frame itself is much more stiff on newer pickups compared to the older E-Series.

The ProMaster is based on the Fiat Ducato van, and it’s actually an old van platform as van chassis go. It does have FWD so it keeps center of gravity lower which helps a lot, and the rear axle may be solid, but it keeps unsprung weight much lower for a better ride, as do the single aluminum rear wheels.

When I switched from E-350 Class C to an E-350 van camper, the difference was significant. It’s much quieter, driving takes less effort, wind and trucks are a non issue at normal speeds (~75 MPH), etc. In my case it was just the reduction in size and type of construction. And with same V10 I get roughly twice the MPG.

I expect a ProMaster to be far better than my E-350, but would like to hear it from an owner who compares them back-to-back.
Old 12-31-2019, 10:50 PM   #140

THOR #1765
I’ve had an E-350 Class C (22’) and an E-350 Vegas as well as my current E-450 Axis. So it will be interesting to drive my new Travato and compare it to the E350/450’s I have owned. The three hours home from the dealer and 12-15 hours on my road trip to the Tampa RV show and Orlando in January should give me a good idea. The real test will come in the trip to Nova Scotia up through the Smokies in May.