Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 04-08-2018, 09:37 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: outlaw 37ls
State: Europe
THOR #6831
outlaw washer dryer install

i add a new washer and dryer to the 37ls, went with the seperate washer and dryer vs all in one unit, this way i can wash and dry at the same time . splendide units for both and 110 volt dryer. used a better vent in door drys vent vs cutting a hole in side of the coach, the 110 volt dryer does not put out the volume of air a house unit does, it may heat up the garage a bit but the open wind and roof vent will let the air out.

the dryer vent hose is the problem issue, not technical but a lot of fussing to get the washer / dryer lined up, bolted down and leave enough space behind the units to flex the hose and for movement of the units during operation. i had to have space behind the units for the duct and some space on the side to access the water source and drains.

i used the splendid stacking mounts to bolt the dryer on top of the washer and there floor mounts to bolt the washer to the floor. but there mounts will leave the stacked units to rock during heavy coach sway. so i used 2 brackets to bolt the dryer to the walls of the garage to stop rocking of the stacked units. the top of the dryer is a plastic covered wood board so screwing brackets was easy.
i test ran the units, both much more quiet then expected.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0485.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	9621   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0487.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	9622  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0489.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	9623   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0491.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	9624  

Old 04-08-2018, 10:01 PM   #2
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
It seems that your garage is getting crowded with all of the good stuff?
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:00 AM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: outlaw 37ls
State: Europe
THOR #6831
results

the washer dryer has been used all summer, they both work as advertised and am very happy having a washer dryer in the coach, it cut down on the amount of clothes i take along.

although can be used when boon docking it does take some water seems about 6-8 gal a wash, and grey tank space, so still best when in a campground were you have more water and a dump.

washes jeans ok 2 is best but will handle 3, other clothes a decent amount. 7 -10 tshirts ok. i never overloaded, it has lots of setting but i just use the quick 30 min wash cycle,

the dryer again is as advertised, it will dry jeans but i only put in 2 pairs after 45min, jeans are damp, so i have them in the garage to dry, towels dry ok 45+ min. other stuff like t-shirts dry good at 45 min time.