Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-31-2017, 12:10 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 22E
State: Washington
THOR #4719
Axxera TA SEEK ???

The AXXERA radio in our FourWinds is smarter than I am, and is always one step ahead of me. Today I went out to the motorhome and turned on the radio while I did a couple tasks, I put it on the FM band and tuned to my favorite station. After 30 seconds to a minute without me touching the radio at all, the screen displays "TA Seek" and proceeds to tune to a station it apparently prefers. Every time I tune back to my station it does the same thing. I have a downloaded manual, but can't find that term anywhere. I imagine there is some menu I need to turn something on or off, but can't find it.

Is there anyone who can shed any light on this?

Thanks,

Ken

Old 07-31-2017, 12:27 AM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
TA is Traffic Announcement. Does that help?
Old 07-31-2017, 12:31 AM   #3

THOR #4719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag&Au View Post
The AXXERA radio in our FourWinds is smarter than I am, and is always one step ahead of me. Today I went out to the motorhome and turned on the radio while I did a couple tasks, I put it on the FM band and tuned to my favorite station. After 30 seconds to a minute without me touching the radio at all, the screen displays "TA Seek" and proceeds to tune to a station it apparently prefers. Every time I tune back to my station it does the same thing. I have a downloaded manual, but can't find that term anywhere. I imagine there is some menu I need to turn something on or off, but can't find it.

Thanks,

Ken

Reading the manual, I found that TA is traffic alert that I did not know I even had. I also found a scan button that may involved. If i solve it, I'll post what I did.
Old 07-31-2017, 01:52 AM   #4

THOR #4719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfryman View Post
TA is Traffic Announcement. Does that help?
I believe it will. I finally found it in the manual. Thanks for the help.

Ken
Old 08-03-2017, 04:05 PM   #5

Model: ACE 30.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #8180
Quote:

Thanks,

Ken
To this exact situation...mine does the same (not the TA thing) but randomly skips to another station "IT" wants to hear rather than the one I set it to. If I set it back it simply does the same thing over again.
My "dual mirror" function with my iPhone SE, 5S, and 5C doesn't seem to work...initially shows a corner sliver of the Google map then washes out to just colored lines. Yep, using the HDMI and USB from the lightning adapter. I just read up on this from apple...is this where the "AirPlay Mirroring" button comes into play? It was late last night when I gave up so I haven't had a chance to try it today. Anyone wanna chime in to either confirm my theory or set me str8 on how that works...I thank you to do so.
Old 08-03-2017, 04:14 PM   #6
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
If the radio is the AV615 read page 14 of the owners manual. TA can be turned on and off from the menu that should appear below the preset radio stations. Press "TA" to toggle on and off.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:43 PM   #7

THOR #4719
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
If the radio is the AV615 read page 14 of the owners manual. TA can be turned on and off from the menu that should appear below the preset radio stations. Press "TA" to toggle on and off.
Thanks, that was the exact problem. I am going to have to look for a different manual download, The one I have is a pdf, but for some reason it is not searchable. I think it must have been scanned as images rather than as text,

Thanks again,

Ken
Old 08-03-2017, 11:07 PM   #8
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Thanks, that was the exact problem. I am going to have to look for a different manual download, The one I have is a pdf, but for some reason it is not searchable. I think it must have been scanned as images rather than as text,

Thanks again,

Ken

I attached the manual which I was able to search within
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 02:58 AM   #9

THOR #4719
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
I attached the manual which I was able to search within
Either the attachment didn't attach, I don't know what I'm doing, I have some setting wrong, or all the above.
Old 08-05-2017, 12:02 AM   #10

Model: Axis 25.5
State: Florida
THOR #4802
I didn't see the attachment either.
Old 08-05-2017, 04:18 PM   #11

THOR #8180
A follow-up on my dual mirror issue. I plugged the unit in again the next day and all seems to work. Not sure what I did diffferent. Since I don't have a dvd on the main tv in my 30.2 I connected my iPhone to the tv thru the HDMI and USB. Switched the source to HDMI and "No Signal". Then I changed the iPhone view to the Home screen and it connected. So now we at least have Netflix, Flixter, Hulu and Disney that are stored on the cloud. Thinking back to my Axxera connection I connected the second time on the home screen and all worked as it should. Maybe thats the key? Maybe not but that seems to work in my instances.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:50 PM   #12

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Tennessee
THOR #5440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonnemarc View Post
A follow-up on my dual mirror issue. I plugged the unit in again the next day and all seems to work. Not sure what I did diffferent. Since I don't have a dvd on the main tv in my 30.2 I connected my iPhone to the tv thru the HDMI and USB. Switched the source to HDMI and "No Signal". Then I changed the iPhone view to the Home screen and it connected. So now we at least have Netflix, Flixter, Hulu and Disney that are stored on the cloud. Thinking back to my Axxera connection I connected the second time on the home screen and all worked as it should. Maybe thats the key? Maybe not but that seems to work in my instances.
I've gone through two Axxera radios and spent 2+ days removing and replacing wires, radios, etc. trying to get the dual mirror function to work. I was trying to pair an android phone using a dongle purchased from Axxera/Dual. It connects to the HDMI/UBS port you mentioned on the dash. On the first radio, I could tell it was mirroring, but the image was distorted (like a broken screen).

Axxera sent a new radio and after installing the second one, the mirroring function worked once, then the second time the whole radio went dead. Turns out it was never the radios that were the problem. I finally traced the problem to a corroded fuse in the engine compartment. It traces to the power supply and was just corroded enough that sometimes it would work, and other time wasn't giving the unit enough juice.

If your radio ever dies, check this fuse! On the Axis, it's in the engine compartment , passenger side, close to the fuse block. Look for a connector with two yellow wires and pull the connector apart. The fuse is hidden inside! Here's a picture of the corroded one I found (hopefully the pictures come through - first time trying to add them to a post!).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-04-16 11.28.54.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	6238   Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-05-19 13.36.03.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	6239  

Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-05-19 13.35.06.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	6240  
Old 08-08-2017, 12:27 AM   #13

THOR #8180
WOW that looks kinda messy, glad you tracked down the issue. I'll locate my fuse so I know where it is.
Old 08-12-2017, 03:24 PM   #14

Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
THOR #7205
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnoib View Post

If your radio ever dies, check this fuse! On the Axis, it's in the engine compartment , passenger side, close to the fuse block. Look for a connector with two yellow wires and pull the connector apart. The fuse is hidden inside! Here's a picture of the corroded one I found (hopefully the pictures come through - first time trying to add them to a post!).
That looks like an excellent candidate for some die-electric grease. I use it anytime I replace a bulb or make an electrical connection that could be exposed to moisture.
https://www.amazon.com/Permatex-2205.../dp/B000AL8VD2