RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-20-2017, 11:58 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
RV Pirate's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37 LX
State: Florida
Posts: 273
THOR #7853
Outside speakers

Is there a way to make the outside speakers play with the outside TV, or are they radio speakers only? Still finding new connections and settings on all the electronics.
__________________

__________________
RV Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 12:37 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Virginia
Posts: 132
THOR #5560
Of course it depends on the model of your MH, but my outdoor speakers are only wired to the radio. I have heard of owners rewiring them to work with the TV or getting a sound bar.
__________________

__________________
MiramarVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 12:43 PM   #3
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast
 
JamieGeek's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 9,240
THOR #1150
Does the radio have a bluetooth input? You can pick up a simple headphone jack to bluetooth adapter (Amazon) for a quick an easy solution.
__________________
2014 Thor Axis 24.1
2021 Mach-E
blog - https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 03:04 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
RV Pirate's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37 LX
State: Florida
Posts: 273
THOR #7853
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Does the radio have a bluetooth input? You can pick up a simple headphone jack to bluetooth adapter (Amazon) for a quick an easy solution.
Yes, radio in the master bedroom has blue tooth. Guess I'm missing something here but how would adding a blue tooth adapter to the radio tie into the outside TV ?
__________________
RV Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 03:13 PM   #5
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: Virginia
Posts: 4,901
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Pirate View Post
Yes, radio in the master bedroom has blue tooth. Guess I'm missing something here but how would adding a blue tooth adapter to the radio tie into the outside TV ?
Add the bluetooth adapter to the headphone jack on the TV and then connect/pair it to the radio in the bedroom and then the sound from the TV should come through the outside speakers rather than the TV speaker.
__________________
Dave
US Army (Ret)
2020 Entegra Accolade 37TS
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 03:21 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
RV Pirate's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37 LX
State: Florida
Posts: 273
THOR #7853
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
Add the bluetooth adapter to the headphone jack on the TV and then connect/pair it to the radio in the bedroom and then the sound from the TV should come through the outside speakers rather than the TV speaker.
Can't believe I didn't think of that, thanks guys !!
__________________
RV Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 04:15 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
Posts: 1,433
THOR #5821
On ours, the house radio can be set so the input is the front TV, then the sound can be directed to the front, bedroom or outside speakers.
__________________
Laco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 05:08 PM   #8
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: Virginia
Posts: 4,901
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laco View Post
On ours, the house radio can be set so the input is the front TV, then the sound can be directed to the front, bedroom or outside speakers.
The Gemini appears to have a different radio and setup (cabling) than the Challengers and other models.
__________________
Dave
US Army (Ret)
2020 Entegra Accolade 37TS
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 05:08 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '17 Hurricane 34F
State: Missouri
Posts: 233
THOR #6040
It took Thor until model year 2017.5 in the Hurricane to connect the outside TV to the bedroom radio, which powers the outside speakers.

If you go the Bluetooth route, try pairing your phone or similar to the rear stereo first and see if it will reach your phone near the outside TV. I dont know if the BT adapter and phones have the same range, but it is a simple trial. Another option would be an FM transmitter, but that would also have a limited range.
__________________
wredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 06:39 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
RV Pirate's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37 LX
State: Florida
Posts: 273
THOR #7853
I did a little playing around and found out that if I put the bedroom radio on Aux input 2 and use "B" speakers the outside speakers work with the outside TV. Well, let's say It looks like they should work. I have one speaker that doesn't work with the outside TV , but does work when playing the bedroom radio outside. Guessing either a radio unit problem or a wire is off between the outside TV and bedroom radio. Sure would be nice if the dealer knew the functions of what they sell.
__________________
RV Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 01:51 AM   #11
Junior Member
 
Karilyn's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 31S
State: Virginia
Posts: 15
THOR #7613
Thanks for this tip!! We have a 2018 Hurricane and we have been grumbling about the poor sound on our outdoor TV. We did ask our dealer during our delivery process if the TV sound would come through the outdoor speakers and he told us no. We did what you suggested here and, ta-da😀, TV sound through the outdoor speakers! Yay! We can't tell you how happy this makes us!
#firstworldproblems 😂😂😂
__________________
Karilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 01:56 AM   #12
Junior Member
 
Karilyn's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 31S
State: Virginia
Posts: 15
THOR #7613
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Pirate View Post
I did a little playing around and found out that if I put the bedroom radio on Aux input 2 and use "B" speakers the outside speakers work with the outside TV. Well, let's say It looks like they should work. I have one speaker that doesn't work with the outside TV , but does work when playing the bedroom radio outside. Guessing either a radio unit problem or a wire is off between the outside TV and bedroom radio. Sure would be nice if the dealer knew the functions of what they sell.
Thanks for this tip!! We have a 2018 Hurricane and we have been grumbling about the poor sound on our outdoor TV. We did ask our dealer during our delivery process if the TV sound would come through the outdoor speakers and he told us no. We did what you suggested here and, ta-da😀, TV sound through the outdoor speakers! Yay! We can't tell you how happy this makes us!
#firstworldproblems 😂😂😂
__________________

__________________
Karilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×