Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2020, 04:17 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
I think a wrap is the way to go.

Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 11:18 PM   #22

Model: Windsport 34E
State: Alabama
THOR #9420
I opted for a wrap, if can get close to 10 years of life out of my wrap I'll feel good about it. I plan on buying a full cover for when I put it up for the off season and maybe that will help life span. Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-02-07_19.43.49.jpeg
Views:	103
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	22954Click image for larger version

Name:	20200217_092510.jpeg
Views:	101
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	22955
Old 03-15-2020, 11:26 PM   #23

Model: 25.2 Axis
State: Arizona
THOR #3471
Where did you get it done and what did it cost. Beauty
Old 03-16-2020, 12:48 AM   #24

THOR #9420
Got it done at a small graphics place here in Birmingham, AL, it was a first for them and a challenge. They want to remain anonymous right now because they don't know if they want to do another one (very labor intensive). There are several places around the country that'll wrap RV's though just have to do a little research. Cost for me around $11,000. We got it wrapped with the existing graphics still on because I didn't want to spend the money to have them removed.
Old 03-16-2020, 01:00 AM   #25

THOR #9420
It was all part of major renovation of the RV from exterior to interior, including re-upholstering cracking vinyl furniture to installing LVP flooring.
Old 03-16-2020, 09:31 AM   #26

Model: AXIS 25.3
State: California
THOR #4022
Many years ago I found a fantastic product for faded finish on my MH. It's called New Glass 2. It is applied with a supplied aplicator. It is not a paint or polish but a clear plastic of some sort. Drys quickly. Apply 3-4 coats and renew w 1or 2 coats every 6-12 mo. You will be shocked at how good it looks - and no buffing!!!
Old 03-17-2020, 04:00 PM   #27

State: California
THOR #16919
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleflier View Post
Can I get matching paint from Thor to repaint top of my front cap? I know it is fiberglass that has gel coat, but it has faded and exposed a repair . It looks like they sanded an area and then gel coated. I'm thinking that since buffing and waxing won't work I will paint that area and clear coat with UV protection clear. I also would like to find what they glued the many caps on. any products I find are clear but stick out like a sore thumb. A product that matches color would be great.
The answer to your question is Yes.
You should be able to get at least the paint scheme name and possibly each color name in your paint scheme. For instance our 2017 Miramar maint scheme is called Crimson Quartz. The four colors in the scheme are; DM220 / Dark Arizona Beige, DM120 / Black Mist Metallic, DM150 / Red Copper Metallic, and YR537P Champagne Mist Pearl. These paint colors should be in the database at the automotive paint store you use to get the paint. I used Sherwin Williams Automotive Paint Store. The only caveat to my situation was that since I live in California I had to wait to get my paint when we traveled to Arizona. In California the paints are water based and don’t match well with the paint that are used at the factory. Good luck with it. I hope this was helpful.

PS, Call Thor Customer Service and they should be able to give you the information after you provide them with your unit number. My touch up paint kit was all dried up from sitting in the Motorhome on the lot for months. There was a paper with the colors that had the color names and the paint codes on it. At the bottom of the paper it listed Carrera Custom Painting #1 574-295-7907
2017 Thor Miramar 34.1
Crimson Quartz
Dilley Dilley is offline   Reply With Quote