Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2020, 10:58 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #19450
Palazzo 33.5 ANTANNA BOOSTER PLATE Location

Anyone know where the "antenna booster plate" is on a 2020 Palazzo 33.5? It appears to have a manual input for cable tv and I've been unable to find it. Any help is appreciated. I have the Winegard Connect 2+.

I tried to attached a schematic but can't figure it out.

New to the forums. You guys and gals are awesome!

Old 07-02-2020, 12:03 AM   #2

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
I don't know who the 2020 models are designed, 'input' wise, but my Palazzo has a 'entertainment box', a box of many buttons, that determines what you want each TV to be able to view... it's ON / OFF button is the 'booster' you refer to - the 12v power to the Antenna signal for Over the Air channels.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 05:59 PM   #3

THOR #19450
Thank you for the reply. That isn't it. I know exactly what you're referring to. I'm gonna call Thor's owner assistance line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
I don't know who the 2020 models are designed, 'input' wise, but my Palazzo has a 'entertainment box', a box of many buttons, that determines what you want each TV to be able to view... it's ON / OFF button is the 'booster' you refer to - the 12v power to the Antenna signal for Over the Air channels.
Old 07-02-2020, 07:21 PM   #4

THOR #4735
I guess I'm a little confused, too, as you mention wanting to find the 'antenna booster plate', but then mention 'cable' input, and then mention 'Wingard 2+'.... but all of those are different 'things'...

what exactly are you 'trying' to do?
Old 07-02-2020, 07:27 PM   #5

THOR #19450
just trying to find the place to plug the Park Cable coax into my rig (if it exists).

The schematics from Thor show an "antenna booster plate" as the link between the roof antenna and the splitter. The "antenna booster plate" appears to have the female coax which would allow me to connect to the Park Cable provided at most parks. The winegard is just the over the air antenna (and wifi booster) standard on all Palazzos.

I've emailed customer care with no avail.
Old 07-02-2020, 07:34 PM   #6

THOR #4735
the 'CABLE' coax input connection is generally in the WET BAY compartment, sometimes at the top of the valves and water controls, and sometimes in the ELECTRICAL Shore Cord bay, depending on your model.

You don't need an 'antenna booster plate' for CABLE, and since the 'entertainment box' or similar device in the coach handles the 12v needed for OTA antenna viewing, you won't have a 'booster plate'.
Old 07-03-2020, 12:11 AM   #7

Brand: Still Looking
Model: S.O.B.
State: Florida
THOR #14543
Exclamation

I think what you're looking for is this. No idea where it may be in your rig.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Antenna Booster is On.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	477.5 KB
ID:	24618  
Popfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 03:23 AM   #8
MLP

THOR #17478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popfla View Post
I think what you're looking for is this. No idea where it may be in your rig.

Not in a Palazzo. The Palazzo has the cheep switch box. For the antenna it sends the 12DC to the Winguard amplifier mounted some place??? It is that some place that he is looking for. Behind a cabinet wall is my guess. I hate that switch box. I put a DC block on the output, ran a separate switched power source through a DC pass splitter. This allowed me to add a over the air signal meter for finding the strongest signal quickly. I have done other mods with this TURD switch box and the entire setup. That cabinet was hot. Now 100% off until I turn what I want on. Run the generator or plugged in nothing is on.

By the way, I now receive many more channels at my testing sight, home, than I could in the stock setup. That box has a lot signal loss. It is suppose to be 75 ohm impedance, it is not. Putting the DC block on the box shortened the length of the impedance mismatch allowing more signal to get through the system.
Old 08-08-2020, 11:21 AM   #9

THOR #4735
don't know how the 2020 models are designed, but most any Palazzo and similar THOR Motor Coaches have a 'Entertainment module' which allows you to switch each TV to it's own signal, for either Cable, Antenna, Sat, DVD, etc. The box itself is the 'booster' for the roof antenna, if it is pressed ON. Otherwise, unpress it for anything else.

A 'booster' is simply a 12v power signal to the roof antenna, whether it's on a 'wall plate' or on this 'entertainment' module.

The CABLE Coax input is generally found in the wet bay, either on one of the walls, or near the top.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote