Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-31-2015, 06:23 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Sorry, I don't know off hand where that setting is.
& the manual seems like 1,000 pages of no-help.
I'm heading out this weekend and if I'm poking through the menus and stumble on it I'll keep you in mind....

Funny... with the help I received earlier in the thread, I can now turn of the LCD display. Sometimes it looks like the radio is properly turned off, but other times the blue lights around the buttons remain on. I can't figure the rhyme or reason there...

One thing for sure....I really don't like this radio

Old 04-11-2015, 01:01 AM   #22

Model: Freedom Elite
State: Florida
THOR #1616
Thanks for the info everyone. We haven't figured out ours yet. I finally figured out how to turn the back camera off while going down the road. I will try some of the suggestions when we get back on the road. We just got it back from the Ford dealer after they replaced the drive train.
Old 05-13-2015, 08:55 PM   #23

Model: CS 24SR
State: Maine
THOR #1911
Fix for Pioneer Radio

The only way to stop the dim when turning on the parking or headlights is to add a switch onto the Orange/white wire. At least that's the only way with my gps add on. I have an appointment for my 24SR at the dealer to fix the skylight and the control panel and will find out how to remove the face plate and the best way to get at the wires. My gps is so dim I can't see the directions when the lights are on.
Old 05-15-2015, 09:39 PM   #24

Model: CS 24SR
State: Maine
THOR #1911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danmichsr View Post
The only way to stop the dim when turning on the parking or headlights is to add a switch onto the Orange/white wire. At least that's the only way with my gps add on. I have an appointment for my 24SR at the dealer to fix the skylight and the control panel and will find out how to remove the face plate and the best way to get at the wires. My gps is so dim I can't see the directions when the lights are on.
Had the switch installed today. He put a very nice in/out black switch. This is really a must have for me.
Old 10-03-2016, 06:25 PM   #25

State: Nevada
THOR #5615
Rear Camera

We just purchased a used 2013 Thor Siesta. There is no manual for the Pioneer system that is installed in the dash up front so I can't look up the rear camera. I see on the screen where it shows the camera is on but the screen is black. The people we bought it from just had the A/C replaced and their mechanic said it was working then. Maybe he thought it was working or just told them it was because he is out of town and can't be bothered with it. Could he have possibly disconnected some wires when he replaced the A/C? We bought it in Phoenix and brought it back to Las Vegas where we live so we couldn't wait for him to get back into town to look at it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-06-2016, 05:38 PM   #26

Model: Four Winds 28z
State: Colorado
THOR #903
Pioneer Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintlady View Post
We just purchased a used 2013 Thor Siesta. There is no manual for the Pioneer system that is installed in the dash up front so I can't look up the rear camera. I see on the screen where it shows the camera is on but the screen is black. The people we bought it from just had the A/C replaced and their mechanic said it was working then. Maybe he thought it was working or just told them it was because he is out of town and can't be bothered with it. Could he have possibly disconnected some wires when he replaced the A/C? We bought it in Phoenix and brought it back to Las Vegas where we live so we couldn't wait for him to get back into town to look at it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Paintlady,
Hopefully you found a pdf of the manual on line somewhere.

I know my radio has a on/off setting for the camera, but sometimes it seems if the sun has been shining directly on the camera it seems to mess with the brightness and the image is impossible to see. Also if my headlights are on, it darkens the image. Some owners have found that the camera only comes on when they are in reverese. There should be a option to reset or cheange the brightness and camera to factory settings on the radio. Whenever I store my RV for more than a day, I disconnect the negative on the battery, so my radio ends up resetting every time.