Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 11-14-2019, 05:55 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 31E (2019)
State: California
THOR #12270
Quick, Hopefully simple, TPMS question(s).

So ive decided on getting a EEZ-TPMS system for piece of mind. I'm planning to get 10 sensors (4 for future Trailer/Toad). My question is, what do I need to do to figure out weather I need flow-though sensors or the "cap" style? I would like the flow-though so i dont have to remove them to top off but will it throw off the rim balance?

I've also never had dual tires on an axle; any advice on sensors for this? The front dont have the rubber fill port and I know thats good, but the back?

I can post pics if there is a need.

Old 11-14-2019, 02:56 PM   #2

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
1,000's of people have flow through without them creating a tire balance problem.
Mine work fine as do, again, 1,000's of people.

I'll suggest getting $9 worth of valve extensions, but some people go to the extent of trimming their hubcap/wheel simulators. The trimming or extenders is due to the girth of the flow through. I probably could have wedged them in there, but the extensions work well.

(I've changed three of eight batteries in just about a year. Keep extra batteries and the right size screwdriver handy. It's three minutes if you have the right stuff, it's 500miles of beeping if you don't)
Old 11-14-2019, 03:44 PM   #3

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
One more vote for flow through TPMS. My TST 507 has worked perfectly for 4 years.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 11:21 PM   #4

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
I also have been using the EEZ system, but I am too cheap for the flow through sensors. I have never had a problem with cap only sensors and they seem to need battery replacements after 2 years or so; but I do remove the tire sensors completely for Winter storage and then reinstall in Spring to save battery juice and to ensure the valve stem and tire pressure sensor do not mate for life. This allows me to use a little anti-seize on the valve stem threads to help them remain a friendly but not permanent couple. If I need to add air it is easy to remove the sensor(s) with the special wrench and reinstall once you are done. I usually remove the front wheel simulators to make air adjustments easier, but it is not a big deal for the few times a season that I might have to do that. A great investment, especially if you pull a Toad and want some extra peace of mind that it will still be there, instead of a flaming mass, at the other end of the journey.
Old 11-15-2019, 01:50 AM   #5

Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
I started with flow through for my TST system, but had tons of issues with them. They didn't interface well with the extensions I had on at the time. Replaced with cap style, I'm down to only two of the flow through's left.

I found them slow and difficult to get air through, and a couple times had failures after doing so.

Eventually I trashed the extensions. Should have done that first thing!

The caps are no different than removing a dust cap to air up when needed. I took the security covers off, as have a lot of folks.