Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Motorhome Tech Topics
Click Here to Login

Old 08-30-2017, 08:52 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: class c 25ft
State: Florida
THOR #6873
Radio won't work/backup camera

Radio and back up camera won't work

Old 08-30-2017, 08:54 PM   #2

Model: Chateau 31E
THOR #7695
Did you try turning on the store switch. Got me a couple of times.
Old 08-30-2017, 09:08 PM   #3
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Yup make sure the use/store switch is in "Use"
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 10:47 PM   #4

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Yeah, picked mine up at dealer and radio and cameras we're dead...

Didn't think about USE/STORE until I got home. Was about to call the dealer when I figured it out...
Old 09-02-2017, 09:55 PM   #5

Model: class c 25ft
THOR #6873
Quote:
Originally Posted by frydaddy View Post
Not disconnect switch is there a fuse for it. Thor said it didn't show an in line fuse
Old 09-02-2017, 10:04 PM   #6

State: Oregon
THOR #2271
If you look at Ed's manual, there are listed 2 fuses in the Passenger Compartment Fuse Panel (near your left foot). Check them out.

Position 39: radio 20 amp
Position 41: radio switch illumination 15 amp
Old 09-22-2017, 03:49 AM   #7

State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2632
Quote:
My camera goes off and on and when the radio is on the camera won't come on. Any solutions
Old 09-24-2017, 01:28 AM   #8

State: Alaska
THOR #8813
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrown View Post
If you look at Ed's manual, there are listed 2 fuses in the Passenger Compartment Fuse Panel (near your left foot). Check them out.

Position 39: radio 20 amp
Position 41: radio switch illumination 15 amp
Radio fuses aren't on Ford Chassis Fuse panel. They are in your electrical center 12V fuses.
Old 09-24-2017, 02:02 AM   #9

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
If you have a three camera system you either have a blown fuse or a bad camera switch box. There is a fuse that provides ignition switches power to the cameras thru the switch box.
Old 09-04-2018, 03:37 AM   #10

State: Arizona
THOR #12970
Quote:
My 2018 Thor Motor Coach Quantum has an exxra radio. I had the same problem. Where the 3 camera stand radio didnt work. All of the sudden went dead. The solution is to reset the software by resetting the radio. There is a very small button on the upper left where the name axxera is. It's a tiny hole. You will need a pin. You push and hold for 3 seconds. Then let it go and turn the radio on and everything will be just fine.
Old 09-16-2018, 04:07 PM   #11

State: Texas
THOR #13112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaidyn View Post
My camera goes off and on and when the radio is on the camera won't come on. Any solutions
Is Ed's manual? Can you send me a link that I can find it? My radio camera is not working in my new Quantum for motorhome. We were told to find a three switch set of buttons to click on it but there is no user switch that we can see. Help, it is hard to drive this without the full cameras.
Old 09-16-2018, 04:16 PM   #12
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestardocs View Post
Is Ed's manual? Can you send me a link that I can find it? My radio camera is not working in my new Quantum for motorhome. We were told to find a three switch set of buttons to click on it but there is no user switch that we can see. Help, it is hard to drive this without the full cameras.
Ed's manual can be found here:
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f10...nual-4961.html
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 08:23 PM   #13

State: Ohio
THOR #14949
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by osmancruz View Post
My 2018 Thor Motor Coach Quantum has an exxra radio. I had the same problem. Where the 3 camera stand radio didnt work. All of the sudden went dead. The solution is to reset the software by resetting the radio. There is a very small button on the upper left where the name axxera is. It's a tiny hole. You will need a pin. You push and hold for 3 seconds. Then let it go and turn the radio on and everything will be just fine.
Worked like a charm. Service didn't suggest that remedy, only for me to bring the rig in for a 5 hour round trip service call!
Old 04-27-2019, 01:54 AM   #14

Model: Windsport 29M
State: California
THOR #7378
Quote:
My 2016 29M Windsport did the same thing, and it was the yellow wire from the radio to the house batteries, it was corroded at the battery, so I just ran the yellow wire at the disconnect switch to keep it away from the battery post. It was a quick fix, I hope that it may help you.
Old 05-19-2019, 12:46 AM   #15

State: Utah
THOR #12702
Thumbs up Thank you Osmancruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by osmancruz View Post

I too had the same problem and after reading the above reset and now everything works as it should, Mine is a 2017 freedom elite and the reset was on the bottom of the radio left hand side, there is a reset and aux which kinda confuses but the reset is to the left of the word and as he says it really is small, I had to use a flashlight to see it. Thanks again
Old 02-27-2020, 06:33 PM   #16

Brand: Still Looking
THOR #18207
2018 Thor Windsport 34R Problems with Dash Radio and camars's Not working at all. They use to work fine.. I always store the RV and hit the battery disconnect. Always seem to be fine, but now they wont even work at all. I kinda scaned the fuses, and cannot find one that is bad. I've even reset the inverter. So, im at a lose.. Any ideals? Couch has 6000 miles
Old 02-27-2020, 07:59 PM   #17
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. J. Russ View Post
2018 Thor Windsport 34R Problems with Dash Radio and camars's Not working at all. They use to work fine.. I always store the RV and hit the battery disconnect. Always seem to be fine, but now they wont even work at all. I kinda scaned the fuses, and cannot find one that is bad. I've even reset the inverter. So, im at a lose.. Any ideals? Couch has 6000 miles
Is you USE/STORE switch in USE?
Do the interior lights work when not connected to Shore Power?

The Inverter has nothing to do with the dash radio.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 08:21 PM   #18

Brand: Still Looking
THOR #18207
Angry

Yes, I do use the " use /store switch", when stored it is on stored and when I start the RV I press the use side and yes, interior lights work fine. The radio and infomation/camara's use to come on once i pressed the use/store switch. But not anymore. Last summer, I brought it home from storage to get things loaded and there was a beeping noise coming from the area by the steps where the use/store switch is located. I called Alvarado, and they told me to charge the house batterys and the beep should go off. Well after having the RV connected to 50 amps power for couple hours the beep went away, but then the radio and camara system would not work. Thanks for your help. We are in the Abilene, Texas area. BTW, we tried to trade for a 5th wheel, when they told me I was 35k in the bucket.
Old 02-27-2020, 08:39 PM   #19
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. J. Russ View Post
Yes, I do use the " use /store switch", when stored it is on stored and when I start the RV I press the use side and yes, interior lights work fine. The radio and infomation/camara's use to come on once i pressed the use/store switch. But not anymore. Last summer, I brought it home from storage to get things loaded and there was a beeping noise coming from the area by the steps where the use/store switch is located. I called Alvarado, and they told me to charge the house batterys and the beep should go off. Well after having the RV connected to 50 amps power for couple hours the beep went away, but then the radio and camara system would not work. Thanks for your help. We are in the Abilene, Texas area. BTW, we tried to trade for a 5th wheel, when they told me I was 35k in the bucket.
Have you tried resetting the radio by pressing and holding the little reset button on the front of the radio with a toothpick or small paperclip?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 05:49 AM   #20

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Yep what 16 ACE said. Also post 10 references radio reset.
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote